2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Water Wetter anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water Wetter anybody?

i think this may have been discussed before but how much water wetter should i put into my car? i didnt do anything to the coolant so its the same as it came from teh factory so how much do i put?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
before you do....
your in new york....gets pretty cold there doesnt it?

water wetters freezing point is about the same as water if i remember.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
before you do....
your in new york....gets pretty cold there doesnt it?

water wetters freezing point is about the same as water if i remember.
true yeah i live in new york, but since im putting some mods that are gunna be hot as hell, i wanna put some in
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
true yeah i live in new york, but since im putting some mods that are gunna be hot as hell, i wanna put some in
i put some of this in. i put as much as i could into the H/e and the rest of it into the burp tank for the radiator. As long as you dont run straight water and the watter wetter you will be ok.. it wont frezze. i've seen -10 degrees on running temp's at best, not sure about the H/E temps but i'm sure there much lower. great product to try for the money. i think it was worth it!

( i only used on full bottle of it )
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

I put about 4oz's in the heat exchanger , the rest in the radiator Res. . Motor temps almost never go over 183f . I think it's worth the 10 bucks.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
I put about 4oz's in the heat exchanger , the rest in the radiator Res. . Motor temps almost never go over 183f . I think it's worth the 10 bucks.
since ur in new york too, did u use it during the winter?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 PM

dude i think my winters are colder than yours... you will be fine man.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltss
dude i think my winters are colder than yours... you will be fine man.
true, alright is water wetter even safe inside our engine iteself?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:34 AM

I had it in my last car year round without any freezing issues it mixes with coolant fine.. it'll only freeze if you use it with just water like in race applications but otherwise there is enough actual coolant in your system so that a little like 12 ounce bottle won't hurt a thing. oh yea and it get to -40C here in the winter...damn canada lol

Last edited by Mahadigus; 07-12-2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: forgot to add the last sentence
Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 AM

So how do you guys add it? You just put it in the overflow tank?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 AM

I'm going to be honest with you guys. There is a real good trick to running stronger with such a simple mod. I'm sure others will chime in on this after I talk about it. Finally going to share it.

So, if your going to do this the right way. Find out exactly how much fluid the entire system should hold. After this drain all fluids. Buy a good anti-freeze coolant. In the summer mix 40% antifr and 60% water. Now, you also have to calaculate the full bottle of whatever your using aka watter wetter. Calaculate the bottle ammount with the antifreeze. After you have your big container mixed properly with your water, antifrez, and water wetter add it to your system. After you have alot of the fluids in start up the car and slowly put in the rest. Check for leaks and take a drive. Check for leaks for at least the first day or two. Then your done. Your car will run quicker and more effiecnt.

WARNING: When fall comes its time to drain fluid and add more antifreeze. Even if you do not run your car in winter it still can freeze just sitting in the garage! If this happens you can say bye bye to your motor.

In the end in your cooling system you will have about 65% water and water wetter mixed with 35% antifreeze. Some people think its alot of work to do things the right way, but thats how our cobalts can really wake up at the track. Do things the right way, just adding a bottle will not show as good results as draining the system and having a higher % of water then antifreeze.

GMP dual pass intercooler end plates and a bigger tank will see better results with such a mod as this.
Same goes for a second heat exchanger.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Premium Member

I live near buffalo ny , and it gets real cold . I really dont think adding the small bottle of water wetter is going to change the freezing point of the dexcool enough to worry about . I used a turkey baster and sucked about 3oz of dexcool out of the heat exchanger neck. then i replaced it with 3oz of WW . I took the car for a 30 minute drive to circulate the water then i pulled another Oz of liquid from the IC filler neck , and added 1 oz of WW.

After i was done with IC i removed 6oz of dexcool out of the engine coolant tank with a battery filler ( small hose to get by the plastic mesh in the tank) , then dumped the rest of the WW into the coolant tank . Done GL
Old 07-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

Do you guys know what water wetter is? You can make water wetter for free. A drop or two of dish soap does the same thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I'm going to be honest with you guys. There is a real good trick to running stronger with such a simple mod. I'm sure others will chime in on this after I talk about it. Finally going to share it.

So, if your going to do this the right way. Find out exactly how much fluid the entire system should hold. After this drain all fluids. Buy a good anti-freeze coolant. In the summer mix 40% antifr and 60% water. Now, you also have to calaculate the full bottle of whatever your using aka watter wetter. Calaculate the bottle ammount with the antifreeze. After you have your big container mixed properly with your water, antifrez, and water wetter add it to your system. After you have alot of the fluids in start up the car and slowly put in the rest. Check for leaks and take a drive. Check for leaks for at least the first day or two. Then your done. Your car will run quicker and more effiecnt.

WARNING: When fall comes its time to drain fluid and add more antifreeze. Even if you do not run your car in winter it still can freeze just sitting in the garage! If this happens you can say bye bye to your motor.

In the end in your cooling system you will have about 65% water and water wetter mixed with 35% antifreeze. Some people think its alot of work to do things the right way, but thats how our cobalts can really wake up at the track. Do things the right way, just adding a bottle will not show as good results as draining the system and having a higher % of water then antifreeze.

GMP dual pass intercooler end plates and a bigger tank will see better results with such a mod as this.
Same goes for a second heat exchanger.
Well put man. I knew it would be you telling eveyone how it's properly done.
Everything you said is exactly what is recommended for the best results. +1 for you mang you saved me a bunch of time.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Just do what the directions on the bottle say. 4-5 capfuls per quart of coolant/water mix.