2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Zex plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Zex plugs

Just wanted to post up on first impressions... I am really surprised at how much smoother the car runs at idle as well as higher RPMs. I had thought that I wouldn't notice any difference at all, and that it would just help with the heat that we have down here, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much better my car runs now. I even had a rattle go away after I put them in. Since then, it came back, but its barely noticeable now. I'm going to keep an eye on them, check them every couple of months to make sure they are aging nicely, but so far I am impressed. I think they are a good $30 to spend without doubt.

I'm not saying these are better than NGK's, because I haven't used those, I'm just saying they are worlds better than the stock ones.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
Just wanted to post up on first impressions... I am really surprised at how much smoother the car runs at idle as well as higher RPMs. I had thought that I wouldn't notice any difference at all, and that it would just help with the heat that we have down here, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much better my car runs now. I even had a rattle go away after I put them in. Since then, it came back, but its barely noticeable now. I'm going to keep an eye on them, check them every couple of months to make sure they are aging nicely, but so far I am impressed. I think they are a good $30 to spend without doubt.

I'm not saying these are better than NGK's, because I haven't used those, I'm just saying they are worlds better than the stock ones.

with you liveing in TX this wont matter much, in fact it MIGHT help a bit BUT hear this...

yes the ZEX are nice(i use them) and the ceramic is better then most on this plug and even tho its a multi prong plug on a boosted car it run real good.

the POSSIBLE issue is that they are a copper based plug that 2 ranges colder then the stocker.

with your gm stg2 and the large 3.0pully they would be told cold in my neck of the woods with such low boost numbers.

but with the extra heat ya'll have that might balance things out a bit...however i do think you would preform better with a NGK or autolite plug thats the correct heat rage(one range colder)

just a lil FYI
Old 06-25-2007, 02:33 PM

I bought the zex plugs and they fouled out with in 2 day!! so i have no idea what happened.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
with you liveing in TX this wont matter much, in fact it MIGHT help a bit BUT hear this...

yes the ZEX are nice(i use them) and the ceramic is better then most on this plug and even tho its a multi prong plug on a boosted car it run real good.

the POSSIBLE issue is that they are a copper based plug that 2 ranges colder then the stocker.

with your gm stg2 and the large 3.0pully they would be told cold in my neck of the woods with such low boost numbers.

but with the extra heat ya'll have that might balance things out a bit...however i do think you would preform better with a NGK or autolite plug thats the correct heat rage(one range colder)

just a lil FYI
I thought these were just 1 heat range colder? I plan on giving the NGK plugs a go the next time I change them, so I have something to compare to

thanks for the input
Old 06-25-2007, 04:32 PM

i didnt have a pleasant time with zex plugs
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saunders1986
i didnt have a pleasant time with zex plugs
most people dont UNLESS you adjust your tune....there is a trick inside, but once you find it they run amazeing!

they might of also been to cold like i mentioned.

Originally Posted by Johnboy12358
I thought these were just 1 heat range colder? I plan on giving the NGK plugs a go the next time I change them, so I have something to compare to

thanks for the input
they are 2 ranges colder but the denser ceramic lets then run "ok" in a engine set up like yours.

Last edited by 06black; 06-26-2007 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
they are 2 ranges colder but the denser ceramic lets then run "ok" in a engine set up like yours.
I didnt realize that, they still seem to be running alright for me. I know going to hot in a plug can be bad, what about going too cold?
I could've swore I read that they were only one range colder. D'oh