2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP Did What?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
watch out guys, newt is sourcing all of his parts from the best! expect almost 200 whp!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

^^^^^ I Love Haters
Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM

i dont get why there need to be a single question about where the rods are made like other said.

1. if zzp tells u that kinda defeats the purpose of them selling
2. the ****** rods hold 900hp on a dyno with thousands of pound of force holding the car to the dyno, i think they are properly made newt....
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
I highly dout you will ever build a motor that makes more power and will last longer then anything that ZZP has built..

Just sayin'
hey hey now newt is a honda fanboy at heart, he's going all motor so when he loses he can say, well you have boost, or, my nawssssssssss wasn't spraying right. in the end he's just a moron who thinks that his poor little pos sunfire with some big fabulous, or not so much, build is something that people are going to give 2 ***** about. maybe his mom will buy him a trophy.
he thinks he is being sly with all his kiniving assinine questions but in reality he's like that pimple on your ass right where you sit, just annoying and will go away after a week or two. back to jbo newt, back to jbo. suck on all motor mike some more lmfao.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
hey hey now newt is a honda fanboy at heart, he's going all motor so when he loses he can say, well you have boost, or, my nawssssssssss wasn't spraying right. in the end he's just a moron who thinks that his poor little pos sunfire with some big fabulous, or not so much, build is something that people are going to give 2 ***** about. maybe his mom will buy him a trophy.
It's about damn time someone said it.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM

when can we expect a 1/4 mile video?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by HyperMuffin
It's about damn time someone said it.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Originally Posted by Ricer
sooo... if i'm reading this right.. newt just threw down an official N/A (or maybe nitrous?) dyno challenge to ZZP... uhhhmmm... i'm puttin my money on ZZP

zzp won't waste their time the money is in boosted applications for the LSJ
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM

sooo... if i'm reading this right.. newt just threw down an official N/A (or maybe nitrous?) dyno challenge to ZZP... uhhhmmm... i'm puttin my money on ZZP
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by newt
Are you really trying to compare yourself agaisnt the like of Comp or Manley? You guys are a drop in the bucket compared to them. Yes I do trust them to build quality parts as they have been doing it for years and have a reputation for quality parts.

You keep saying they are ZZP specs, what specs? The stock GM bearing dimensions and length? You took a stock rod, spec'd it and sent it off to be made.....you didn't design **** all.

Your arrogance is absolutely hilarious, this is the stuff that bothers me. There have been many others building Ecotecs for alot longer than ZZP has and making more power (untill your 900whp pass) and running much quicker times. Yet you guys act like you are the only company in the world that knows how to modify a ecotec.

You are so full of yourself, this 900whp has gone to your head. Congrats you built a dyno queen, now take it to the track and watch your **** blow to the moon.

Anyone with half a brain can source out and select parts, send it to a machine shop and get a motor built......you act like it's ******* rocket science.

I'll build my motor myself thank you very much, it will be just as good as you guys could do and make more power.

This is my last post here (yes yes no one cares, I know, I could give a ****) all I wanted from day one was a simple anwser.... I guess that was too much to ask for.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
price?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by newt
Are you really trying to compare yourself agaisnt the like of Comp or Manley? You guys are a drop in the bucket compared to them. Yes I do trust them to build quality parts as they have been doing it for years and have a reputation for quality parts.

You keep saying they are ZZP specs, what specs? The stock GM bearing dimensions and length? You took a stock rod, spec'd it and sent it off to be made.....you didn't design **** all.

Your arrogance is absolutely hilarious, this is the stuff that bothers me. There have been many others building Ecotecs for alot longer than ZZP has and making more power (untill your 900whp pass) and running much quicker times. Yet you guys act like you are the only company in the world that knows how to modify a ecotec.

You are so full of yourself, this 900whp has gone to your head. Congrats you built a dyno queen, now take it to the track and watch your **** blow to the moon.

Anyone with half a brain can source out and select parts, send it to a machine shop and get a motor built......you act like it's ******* rocket science.

I'll build my motor myself thank you very much, it will be just as good as you guys could do and make more power.

This is my last post here (yes yes no one cares, I know, I could give a ****) all I wanted from day one was a simple anwser.... I guess that was too much to ask for.
Arrogance - You haven't done anything of worth but you are GOING TO build a better motor than ZZP and make more power even though we made double what anyone here has done. And you call us arrogant?

Track - We don't need to take anything to the track. When we built cars for the track we built the fastest LNF, turbo cobalt, supercharged Cobalt, ION, 2.4, 2.0, we have no more records to take.

You say anyone with 1/2 a brain can go to a machine shop and have an engine built. That's what makes me smarter than you. I own ZZP but I can't build an engine. What I can do is recognize that everyone on the forums who has tried for years and years has normally fallen short of their goals. What makes me smart is that I recognize it isn't easy. I'm smart because I recognize tallent and know how to assemble a team that can come together and achieve great things. Go on and keep talking about your dream. If you were going to do something, you would have already. And the more you create drama, the more posts the thread gets and the more people who see ZZP's brand name and check out what we're doing.

Comp. Comp is a company much different than ZZP. They sell a lot of parts for a lot of cars. that makes them not nearly as specialized in any one field. So when Comp wants to know about Ecotec or 3800 parts, guess what? They call ZZP. And I'm not joking. We work with them, spec parts, tell them how to do things and currently are addressing their fixturing issue for grinding Ecotec cams which is why only ZZP is selling accurate Ecotec cams from Comp.
Furthermore Comp has had massive failures on parts. Valve springs moved from an American company to Mexico and they failed. LS1 market got hit hard. Our 3800 market got hit. Were you there asking them if a reputable company was making their springs? ZZP got involved, we found the old company, checked out the new, talked to Comp, came out with ZZP brand springs for the 3800 market and that's all people were buying.

when it came to Ecotec rods, we designed something. We now sell a rod handling over 1000 HP for less money than any other company sells rods.

Our pistons are unique. Using the latest technology for a low friction design, our ZZP designed JE pistons are not sold anywhere in the world but ZZP.

Our engine design was tried by GM and they failed. Clearly ZZP out engineered them and we're ofering engines at a very low price that handle more than anyone else has ever commercially offered.

It's easy to sit back and say something is easy but when you're doing things that no one has been able to do for years and years, I think a smart person takes notice and is impressed. A person of lessor intelligence doesn't reconize what's going on and makes a statement that it's easy and they will do better with little effort, knowledge or investment...

Last edited by Zooomer; 04-12-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

you guys start on the 2.4 yet?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM

they did a 2.4 that ran 11.56 in the 1/4 mile.....they need to do an f23 tranny for me and like 6 others lol.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 PM

/war.

ZZP obviously is on the leading edge of the Ecotec platform. As Zoomer said, the hold like every record in the book. They're the best at what they do because they're willing to put in the time, money and R&D. They're going places nobody else has gone. Yeah they may come across as cocky, but IMO they have a right to. Who else is pushing the limits with success like these guys? I don't care who makes their rods, or springs, or blocks or anything for that matter. They're tested and proven.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Sorry. I worded my statement wrong. I used "like" in place of "practically."

My point is ZZP holds a majority of the records involving the ecotec platform. That didn't happen by chance.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by boost_junkie16
/war.

ZZP obviously is on the leading edge of the Ecotec platform. As Zoomer said, the hold like every record in the book.
not every record. arguing that is a moot point as it sits.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
not every record. arguing that is a moot point as it sits.
Including HP. (not trying to take anything away).

Though what a similar powered car was able to run.

Crew Chief: Charlie Schafer / Rob Salle
Class: NOPI Turbo Street Chevy CObalt

2007 best elapsed time: 9.317 seconds (Atco/NDRA)

2007 best speed: 158.68 mph (Phoenix/NDRA)

# 900hp
# 2.16L Inline 4 cylinder
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 PM

didnt bates made the most in their drag car?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kxrida2000
they did a 2.4 that ran 11.56 in the 1/4 mile.....they need to do an f23 tranny for me and like 6 others lol.
If you have a spare F23 trans, we could look into it. However, you have to understand that we are already backed up for months and months with projects that are already in the works. Taking on low-volume, custom parts really hurts profitability.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
you guys start on the 2.4 yet?
Todd is assembling several stroker motors right now, but most were already sold. Hopefully we can get one in Ryan's car in the next couple weeks.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
price?
I don't think the girdle is available for separate purchase. It is part of our performance shortblock.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 AM

You guys need a 1500whp shop/drag Cobalt.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Including HP. (not trying to take anything away).

Though what a similar powered car was able to run.

Crew Chief: Charlie Schafer / Rob Salle
Class: NOPI Turbo Street Chevy CObalt

2007 best elapsed time: 9.317 seconds (Atco/NDRA)

2007 best speed: 158.68 mph (Phoenix/NDRA)

# 900hp
# 2.16L Inline 4 cylinder
not including power actually. That car is 900bhp, ZZPs is 900whp, so over 1,000bhp. Thats also a very specialized motor. Zoomer was careful to state "more than anyone else has ever commercially offered."

but yes, i suppose if you want to bring up the specialized 2.16l drag ecotecs, they havent broke the 1500bhp mark, which i believe is the current title holder of highest hp ecotec
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
not including power actually. That car is 900bhp, ZZPs is 900whp, so over 1,000bhp. Thats also a very specialized motor. Zoomer was careful to state "more than anyone else has ever commercially offered."

but yes, i suppose if you want to bring up the specialized 2.16l drag ecotecs, they havent broke the 1500bhp mark, which i believe is the current title holder of highest hp ecotec
It's something we always run into.
If we run at the track, someone says "well but does it dyno xxx?"
When we dyno, someone says "take it to the track"
When we do both, someone says "what kind of mileage does it get?"
We built Ryan's car with parts available from ZZP that you can purchase off our site or with an email and people say "but does it compare to a methanol burning, cement filled block, 1500# dragster with Cobalt stickers on it"
There is always going to be someone doing something better if they specialize their goals. ZZP is setup to test parts that we sell or may offer. We don't have a crazy tricked out ignition system on Ryan's car because we're not going to offer one. We don't use methanol because our customers never will. We don't build engines that can't stay cool driving on the street because that doesn't fit the needs of our customers. We try to be the best at making go fast parts you can afford, you will use and that don't remove all drivability from the car. From Ryan's 2000cc injectors, to dual fuel pumps, ZZP block, stage 2 cams, 90% ethanol fuel, ZZP turbo manifold, modified saab intake, etc. All these are things you can buy for your car from ZZP and still drive on the street w/o problems.

Last edited by Zooomer; 04-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: ZZP Did What?