2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP Stage 3 Warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZP Stage 3 Warning

Just a heads up to anyone after zzp stuff. Thier parts are good , thier tune however , will **** you off lol . I am speaking from experience !
I thought when I bought thier stage 3 kit with thier pcm and thier tune . . . I would be done spending money but was I wrong. When you order the kit they ask you for all your aftermarket parts you have and that makes you think they are tuning for your setup , but they CANNOT do this so they should not be asking. They can maybe get you by if you have a stock air intake and stock exhaust , but if you have a cold air intake or exhaust work don't bother gettin thier pcm , just get the parts and get a tune somewheres ...learn from my mistakes.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chevyracing
When you order the kit they ask you for all your aftermarket parts you have and that makes you think they are tuning for your setup , but they CANNOT do this so they should not be asking.
I hate to tell you this, but that's how all vendor-based tunes work. I'm guessing they do change some settings for your parts, but at the end of the day it's just an educated guess.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a heads up to anyone after zzp stuff. Thier parts are good , thier tune however , will **** you off lol . I am speaking from experience !
I thought when I bought thier stage 3 kit with thier pcm and thier tune . . . I would be done spending money but was I wrong. When you order the kit they ask you for all your aftermarket parts you have and that makes you think they are tuning for your setup , but they CANNOT do this so they should not be asking. They can maybe get you by if you have a stock air intake and stock exhaust , but if you have a cold air intake or exhaust work don't bother gettin thier pcm , just get the parts and get a tune somewheres ...learn from my mistakes.
zzp is awesome. canned tunes suck. get used to it.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

I am used to it , very used to it , i am just putting a friendly warning out there to the guys who ARE NOT used to it but thanks for your comments! I expected a tune on that pcm when I bought it that would end my spending money , as I am sure many others expect when they hand over thier money. So yea , just a heads up to guys looking at stage kits don't expect to drive on zzp tunes cuz it won't happen , keep your pcm and have that tuned by someone.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM

Dude obviously a canned tune won't bring you the most power it's basically to get you running with your setup. If you wanted the most power for your setup you shouldn't have gotten their canned tune. No reason to start a thread because you didn't research enough before you purchased.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Banned

you're bitching about a $450 kit that adds about 30whp? how were they going to tune your car if your car wasn't there?

the expectation of $1000 worth of parts and labor for $400 is stupid on your part... and that's coming from any vendor not limited to ottp or zzp.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM

I wouldn't say the guy is bitching. I don't see anything wrong with giving people a heads up on something like this. I've never looked at zzp's stage kit, but if they asked me for my mod list I would think the same thing.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss88
I wouldn't say the guy is bitching. I don't see anything wrong with giving people a heads up on something like this. I've never looked at zzp's stage kit, but if they asked me for my mod list I would think the same thing.
he is bitching, cause the kit comes with a free tune lol
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

I am not bitching i am doin what ss88 said , giving a heads up to those that dont know everything like you think you do
YOU do realize that zzp gets people to send thier pcm's in right ? How is that a free tune ? Even if you get thier pcm it still isn't free , you need to get a crank case relearn , so I am letting people know, save your money from sending in your pcm , zzp cannot put a good tune on there. Don't buy thier pcm either , there is no way around a custom tune ! So when you go for a stage kit , allow some money for a tune,
You guys want to talk trash , now talk your foolish trash , this was just a heads up so people didnt rely on zzp tune like I did. And now hopefully I can save even 1 guy from wasting $100.00 !!!!
Have fun
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

I am not bitching i am doin what ss88 said , giving a heads up to those that dont know everything like you think you do
YOU do realize that zzp gets people to send thier pcm's in right ? How is that a free tune ? Even if you get thier pcm it still isn't free , you need to get a crank case relearn , so I am letting people know, save your money from sending in your pcm , zzp cannot put a good tune on there. Don't buy thier pcm either , there is no way around a custom tune ! So when you go for a stage kit , allow some money for a tune,
You guys want to talk trash , now talk your foolish trash , this was just a heads up so people didnt rely on zzp tune like I did. And now hopefully I can save even 1 guy from wasting $100.00 !!!!
Have fun
The tunes are there so you can bolt all the **** on your car INCLUDING injectors, which you wouldnt be able to drive your car without tuning for, plug in the new pcm and be good to drive.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 AM

Have fun
You're Bitching about a FREE tune, YES FREE. You expect them to give you a free PCM? You can pay a core charge for the PCM and have it refunded to you once you send your PCM back making it a FREE TUNE or you can just send in you PCM and they'll tune it and send it back making it a FREE TUNE or they can send you a FREE TUNE via HPT file. So how exactly is it not a free tune. Will the tune give you maximum power NO cuz your car isn't there to adjust the tune. Will it run rich? Yeah all vendor canned tunes do to be safe.

Oh by the way thread is sure to be locked or deleted for Vendor Bashing
Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Banned

lol i love educated bashers they make the site so interesting!!!

You guys on zzp payroll ? lmao
I wasnt bashing zzp , they make good parts and I am within my rights to warn others about the tune so they dont get thier hopes up , get a life idiots

Oh and locking the thread would be a great thing to shut up the haters
If zzp wanted us to believe it was just a tune to get you to a tuner , they should state this or did I miss that somewheres ? You guys seem to think its common knowledge that zzp couldn't put a good tune on my pcm except for the drive to the garage , where was my warning for this ? I missed it on thier site....my apologies
Anyways , long live zzp , great parts and I will continue to order parts from them!!! You guys ruined a good thread giving any new guys a heads up , don't think they are done spending money when the kit is installed with thier pcm , thanks guys!

Last edited by chevyracing; 05-19-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can't really expect the world from a canned tune, this is old news. Get a dyno tune or other similar custom tune.