Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
What's going wrong
Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
details man details lol
Old 10-02-2014, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gonna need a new kit and the wife is pissed as hell, lol. **** got bad on the one I brought.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang man that sucks. At least you got a new shinney dip stick tube on the way
Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 PM

I'm eyeballin that kit you got son.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM

did she break it?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 PM

naw, too many issues with the kit to list. **** not being disclosed til after the fact.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck
Old 10-06-2014, 05:00 PM

Where do I start? First off the sale ad I responded to never mentioned the issues I have with the kit. The Alternator is broken and that wasn't disclosed prior to sell even though there was a picture taken of the alt the day before I brought it. The seller claimed that he forgot the alternator was broken but didn't relay this until I had the kit in hand. The "complete intake manifold" in his words was not complete at all. When I took off the single pass plate I realized the cores were set up for dual pass. When I went to correct the oreintation I then noted that there is a spacer missing from one of the cores. This missing spacer allows coolant to follow into the intake runners and that's hydro-lock conditions. I was informed by the seller that the manifold came off of a stock LSJ and was swapped because the sellers buddy wanted dual pass and they decided to swap IM for IM. This intake manifold is not complete and even if it was it would have hurt my engine the way they had the cores setup. The cherry on top is the RED throttle body that came with the kit. Seller claimed the TB in the pic was an LS4 TB and he had to ship the red one. We have site rules for a reason and swapping parts after taking the sell picture is a clear violation.

The sellers opinion on the whole deal is that I should send these parts back prior to him replacing them. I'm sorry but at this point there is no trust here. I looked back at his previous sells on css when I started my paypal dispute and found that he tried to sell the alt before and did list it as broken but it didn't sell under the truth so he decided to leave that truth out during my sale. He also claimed in a pm that he got the red tb from a friend right before he shipped the kit but he has a sell ad listing it from last year. I kept a record of our pm's and the screenshots from the 3 sell ads related to this claim. The seller says that I should trust him and send these parts back before he sends me the parts I actually paid for.

This is why my build is on hold.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:46 PM

This is why I don't like people lol. This is also why I bought my kit in person. Good Luck. I hope it all works out
Old 10-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Yeah, it's pretty fucked up. He hurried up and spent the money thinking paypal would not give us the money back. Well they are going to insure our refund but that's a whole different can of worms for him.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Who was this so future buyer's can beware
Old 10-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Just gonna leave this right here. I do post above the sellers posts but once you read the very first post on the bottom and work your way back up it all makes since.

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
Tell me one more time you are not a liar.

Tried to honestly sale your broken LSJ alternator here and it didn't sale on 8-9-14

Tried to sale that **** red tb, you swapped on me, on 12-16-13

So please do tell me again you are not a liar. You knew the alternator was broken and didn't tell me. You knew you were gonna send me that red tb I did not want. You also knew the intake manifold was not a complete system in working order. Please tell me how you did not lie during all this.

Originally Posted by SSfamilywagon
I am not a thief or liar as well. I just need the parts for my car.

I will consider sending them first. I will have to figure out how to be without a car for the time its within shipping.

I will not do the $300 refund. But I am considering doing the full $1100 amount for the return parts back. The issue is me not having the money. If PayPal fronts and gives you the money right away so your taking care of that may work out so I can resell later. If not I'm not sure how going about the refund will work out.

Dude I sent you my money, of course I'll send you what belongs to you. I'm not a thief I just want what I paid for.

You really need to stop with the name calling and allegations. It doesn't help the situation.

Like I've said from the beginning I'm willing to help and make things right but we must work together. i will get you the washer and replacement alt and throttle body, in exchange for the parts I sent. I just want to know how am I sure you will send those back to me once you have everything?

Send the alternator, throttle body I paid for, and the laminova core spacer and if they are legit we're good. Of course once the receipt of said items are verified in good order I will ship your bad parts back. You need to send these items first as I no longer trust you and will be keeping records of this message along with our other talks. Dude you snaked me once, not again. You already have my money, you will not defraud me agin, I'm sorry but you did this.

I already have. So do you want replacement parts?

I sent them evidence of your fraud. You should call them.

I'll worry about that and fix it myself so you don't have to. I know how to go about finding the washer needed.

You said you can't send the intake manifold first because you still need your car running, correct? Well the one you sent me is no good and will destroy your engine so how are you going to swap them out? The thing will force coolant into the engine and will hydrolock the motor so again how are you simply going to swap them out?

So are you refusing my offer to send replacements parts back in return for the ones your not happy with?

Call them. Today is your last day before they issue the refund and have me ship the kit back.

Just got off the phone with them. I really do think you should address this issue we have. $300 refunded or Paypal said they will refund it all and this will effect you account standing with them.
I have addressed the issue with them and are in contact with them as well. That is not the information that they gave me. My offer of replacements parts is a good standing offer per them or I can make another offer as well.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Damn dude that blows, hopefully you can find a better kit
Old 10-06-2014, 08:17 PM

I am not a liar. Plain and simple. I know your trying to push my buttons and get my upset but it's not going to work. People here know me enough to know what your saying isn't true and I know that as well, so I am not worried about any of that at all. I'm here to fix address the situation and fix the mistakes that were made. Things happen, people make mistakes, we learn, fix and move on.
Anybody here wanna vouche for this guy?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 PM

So I'm not here to cause any issues or do any bashing, even though that's all that has been to me lately here. Since I sold the kit I gave my phone # and contact info so I can be reached for any help on install and if any issues came up. I've been here to help and that's all I like to do.

I've had these parts, and many other parts as well, for months trying to sell them. I kept adding to it little by little to make it more complete and a better buy to get more from it. I threw in some free parts to make it more attractive and not have things laying around. I really needed help paying bills at the time.

For things that are being brought up. It's all just a big misunderstanding and I can honestly understand his frustration and been trying hard to work with him as best as possible so we both come out ahead in the best way and not loose out.

As for the intake manifold. It came off of my buddies completely stock daily driver with roughly 70k on it he's had for almost a year now. He just started wanting to mod. I had a complete intake with dual pass on it that he wanted. He gave me some cash and we traded. Since it came off a running car with no issues, I found no reason to take it apart for inspection, and neither did anyone else helping them. I was surprised when I was told it was missing a washer inside and set up that way. I explained my side and offered to find and send the missing part and a new seal to make it better.

As for the throttle body. The one I put in my add was a mistake and an LS4 when I listed a stock LSJ. I noticed my mistake when packing up. We still had my buddies red one laying around that he still hadn't sold for months. I worked something out with him and gave it in the kit to make it complete. I honestly didn't think the color would be such a big deal. Quincy here pm'd me when he got it and asked about it being red. I explained and didn't here back so I assumed we were ok. Now after some time it appears it bothers him and not to his liking.

As for the alt. Yes I knew it was broken. I put it in one of my older ads. As stated above after copying and pasting and editing and adding stuff. I see I erased it for the current one and was not brought up to him. My mistake there. It was a free part of the kit and we all know not needed for the swap but there if you wanted it as well as the a/c compressor, extra belt and pulleys, and exhaust mani. I just through them in to make the deal better as I really can't sell them separate for anything good anyways.

Just after having it for so long, copy and pasting and editing for different forums, I didn't pay attention. So he is right. I made a couple mistakes, and didn't check over things I had. Hey you know things happen and people make mistakes. The difference here is I owned up to my mistakes with him and explained my side and offered to fix them the best way possible. I have no intention of taking advantage of anyone and never have. I've been here a while and this has been my only issued ever selling anything. He's just been very hard to work with because he's so upset, and again I understand his side as well. I'm still here willing to try and fix it all come to an agreement.

As for resolution, he wanted $300 back and keep everything he has. As the seller I don't agree with that because that means I loose out was more on the kit and sold it for to cheap in my eyes to what was given. So I offered to send the missing part and replace the ones he didn't like off my personal car and I would deal with the issues my self as I'm fully capable of doing and he could be taking care of fast and be happy with know good parts. That wasn't to his liking as well.

My concern with the refund is not getting him taking care of fast enough, we've used the money for bills and is no longer there. I don't have anything to refund. So in talking with paypal and explaining the situation just now, it seems they are more then willing and happy to front the money and I can get Quincy taking care of and he doesn't have to wait for me to come up with the money. I believe that is going to be the best resolution. He's get his money back and can find something else, I get the parts back and I can resell and pay the amount back.

In the end I have said sorry for the frustration and confusion in the matter and one he has his refund I wish you well in your build and hope things work out for you. I have learned from this and will be happy to move on and get him taking care of.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:41 PM

You would be upset too if you were not told the truth until you complained about the discrepancies at hand. You wouldn't want replacement parts from the gentleman that sold you bad parts in the first place. Come on, the sale pic was dated for the 19th and I brought the kit on the 20th. I don't trust that you forgot at the time the alt was broken and I paid for everything I got nothing for free. The throttle body in the pic is the one I paid for yet I got a red one with no warning. Yes that is a big deal as I paid for what was in the ad. The ad listed a "complete intake manifold" and what I got was very far from it. $1100 of my money spent and gone and all I got is a useless kit and a **** load of excuses. I don't see how I'm supposed to eat crow and take it like a man.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the plus side a more complete kit was just listed...

Taken off of a fully functional car.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993
On the plus side a more complete kit was just listed...

Taken off of a fully functional car.
If you're talkin about lobalt, we have been in contact.

Paypal just gave me the all clear to return the kit. They closed the case in my favor. I like how SSfamilywagon wants the forum to believe that Paypal is fronting him the money, lol. He took my money and tried to run but you can't run through Paypal based on lies and false promises. SMMFH.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:30 PM

I refuse to take sides, and I believe so, he had a 06 SC 2.2
Old 10-08-2014, 04:24 PM

Andrew the second half of my post was not directed at you so I don't see how you need to pick a side. I was addressing my thread. Sorry if you misinterpreted my full post.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:51 PM

You shoulda kept the turbo!!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 AM

It's fine I just don't want to take sides, you'll have a ton of fun with this kit even if it doesn't have the same potential of the S256.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:24 PM

06 ion2 it wasn't even an option. We were homeless when I sold the kit so my family ate off that money for a while. No biggie though it'll all work out in the end.

Quick Reply: Spanky's back on da boost