2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

200hp cruze?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
how the **** do i upload pictures now? i can't even find the gallery button or upload.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool story bro, keep it to yourself next time unless something interesting happens.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
cool story bro, keep it to yourself next time unless something interesting happens.

who are you talking to and why? lol
Old 06-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor

We are the main tuning vendor for the Cruze market and I can tell you it is possible that a Cruze can make over 200HP but that is with bigger injectors and E85. Most of them tuned on premium fuel make like 170HP/200TQ
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
how the **** do i upload pictures now? i can't even find the gallery button or upload.
Click the little black camera on your own post and u can upload pictures there
Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
Click the little black camera on your own post and u can upload pictures there
thanks. i found the link in a different spot the other day

community link - " your photos and albums" not "pictures and albums"
Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 PM

Where the pictures!?!?! hahaha
Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by DSmastery
Where the pictures!?!?! hahaha
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/pict...e-pics-299543/
Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 AM

thank you sir
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 PM
TSt

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
the cruze 1.4 is maxed out stock. Modding that motor leads to "boom". Its not a real ecotec. Its a daewoo grenade.
This is the stupidest thing I've heard in my ENTIRE 34 years of life. My wife has spent the last 40k miles and 2 years daily driving her 200 crank horsepower 1.4t Cruze - mods consist of a drop in K&N filter, Bad News Racing catless downpipe, and TORQUE SOUTH Tuning via EFILive.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
thats 200hp? is that whp?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 AM
TSt

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
thats 200hp? is that whp?
No, it's at the crank. It would be near if not impossible to make 200 wheel with stock injectors and pump gas, as BNR said. I am reading the torque PID of the ECM which according to top tuners and dyno tests is dead accurate. I am actually a ****hair under 200 engine horsepower, like 190 something. Would probably dyno 17x at the wheels.

This is a stock almost everything automatic Cruze LTZ that my wife daily drives. It has a drop in K&N filter that probably gives 1 horsepower, and a nice BNR downpipe that I just installed - with a monster tune I wrote myself.

I smoke new Audi A4s and tires go bananas in the first two gears. 0-60 is in the 6 second range.

If you research this 1.4 engine it was made to last a million miles under heavy boost.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
I can believe the beating of an A4, I pulled one by accident in my Sonic with the same setup (1.4T/6A, catless DP and tune) while I was experimenting with the manual shifting mode. Didn't realize he was trying to beat me until I let off the gas and he flew past me. It was only a 2.0t but still I was surprised. That 1.4 is pretty quick at lower speeds as long as it can use the gearing.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TSt

This is the stupidest thing I've heard in my ENTIRE 34 years of life. My wife has spent the last 40k miles and 2 years daily driving her 200 crank horsepower 1.4t Cruze - mods consist of a drop in K&N filter, Bad News Racing catless downpipe, and TORQUE SOUTH Tuning via EFILive.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagg9jXJOzk

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOjubV-x5Q
I would have to agree with Powell on this. Seems like you are a little sensitive about the size of the engine driving your wife. But "her 200hp daily driven 1.4" is probably sees normal driving. She probably isn't dumping the clutch or flooring it at every red light. While I think the Cruze and Sonc are alright daily drivers, I by no means believe they should be "modded" beyond stock. It is basically a purpose built engine...to get good fuel economy and have a slight amount of "passing power." The internals definitely are pretty much at their limit at stock HP figures. Also the M32 transmission is prone to failure even under normal driving because of its design. It is a 3 shaft design in an extremely compact casing which leads to serious heat issues. I've seen the M32 6 speed blow in less than 10k miles on more than 1 vehicle. The tranny gets way too hot and essentially cooks the gear oil causing it to lose most of its effectiveness as a lubricant and synchros among other things break. Also as Powell said it isn't a true ecotec, just a relabeled Daewoo motor.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 AM
TSt

Originally Posted by 08SilverSurferBalt
I would have to agree with Powell on this. Seems like you are a little sensitive about the size of the engine driving your wife. But "her 200hp daily driven 1.4" is probably sees normal driving. She probably isn't dumping the clutch or flooring it at every red light. While I think the Cruze and Sonc are alright daily drivers, I by no means believe they should be "modded" beyond stock. It is basically a purpose built engine...to get good fuel economy and have a slight amount of "passing power." The internals definitely are pretty much at their limit at stock HP figures. Also the M32 transmission is prone to failure even under normal driving because of its design. It is a 3 shaft design in an extremely compact casing which leads to serious heat issues. I've seen the M32 6 speed blow in less than 10k miles on more than 1 vehicle. The tranny gets way too hot and essentially cooks the gear oil causing it to lose most of its effectiveness as a lubricant and synchros among other things break. Also as Powell said it isn't a true ecotec, just a relabeled Daewoo motor.
Funny guy. Again, I respectfully but strongly disagree. You are obviously confusing the 1.6 Liter E-tec motor that came in the Aveo with the 1.4 liter chain driven Ecotec from Opel Germany with piston oil squirters and everything inside the engine built for boost.

I won't quote my reliable sources just yet or state my qualifications because I am all too familiar with these forum arguments. But you are very wrong sir.

By the way my car is automatic... trans. is tuned by me with increased line pressures and more tweeks. There have been no known failures of engine or trans. in these worth mentioning considering the millions sold, and 25% of them are tuned.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
There's no way 25% of them are tuned, maybe 2-3% of total sales. But yeah the failure rate is amazingly low on everything but the manual trans, the turbos fail (usually wastegate actuator issues) but this happens on stock vehicles just as much as modified ones. I'm happy with the punch my tuned sonic has with only the primary cat removed, with some further modding the idea of squeezing nearly 200whp and over 200wtq out of a little 1.4 is pretty cool. My girl loves the way the car drives now, much more than stock, was far too anemic before.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by TSt
Funny guy. Again, I respectfully but strongly disagree. You are obviously confusing the 1.6 Liter E-tec motor that came in the Aveo with the 1.4 liter chain driven Ecotec from Opel Germany with piston oil squirters and everything inside the engine built for boost.

I won't quote my reliable sources just yet or state my qualifications because I am all too familiar with these forum arguments. But you are very wrong sir.

By the way my car is automatic... trans. is tuned by me with increased line pressures and more tweeks. There have been no known failures of engine or trans. in these worth mentioning considering the millions sold, and 25% of them are tuned.
08 silver and Italian Joe are there already. Tst, apart from the fact that you basically called me stupid, and say in your next post that you "respecfully...disagree" .... well ya, sure.

I have to say that anyone suggesting that 25% of cruzes out there have modified engines in the true sense of the word, is making a statement completely without foundation or any reliable means to support the claim. Straight up BS. And then you say "No, it's at the crank. It would be near if not impossible to make 200 wheel with stock injectors and pump gas" No kidding. Folks around here dont quote crank hp they live for WHP. Thats a fact. Thats all they talk about and measure results by, whatever anyone's opinion on that,and its repeatability,and the reliability of the numbers.

You are 34 years old and a genius. I am over twice that age and learn new things everyday.GM have some of the smartest and best true believer engineers out there, but there was next to zero effort to build into the Cruze the quality of parts and engineering foundation that went into the true ecotecs.

ZZP got a Cruze, with a view to doing something for the market. Stillborn. ZZP are arguably the most go ahead performance aftermarket shop for power crazies out there for these entry level beaters. They must have figured something out , and they parked it when they did.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 1.4 Ecotec's are not designed by daewoo, your thinking of the S-TEC engines that commonly get refferred to as ecotec s-tec engines. THe 1.4's in the cruze/sonic are Family 0 engines designed by opel/vauxhall. GM's RPO code for that engine should be LUV but its still the A14NET found in the opel astra J. Although I wont make speculations about where the 1.4's max out, they are certainly not built to the standard that family 2's were.