2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Chevy Cruze info, look inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chevy Cruze info, look inside

http://jalopnik.com/5221218/wtcc-che...-into-shanghai

Looks like Chevy might be hinting something. Discuss
Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
moved to oh, the Cruze forum?

read https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/announcement.php?f=68
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice lookin car.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 AM

WOO HOO! Go ahead Chevy with your bad ass self! A screamin 140hp 1.8! WOW! even better would be the 112hp 1.6! But the best would be the turbo charged 1.4! Man that things gonna be a BEAST! and then to have a 6 spd automatic behind it?! HOLY WOW AND DAMN! Thats things gonna be a straight up hot rod! All the Geo Metro 1.0 3cylinders in town are gonna be running and hiding thats for damn sure! Too bad not much else will be tho.

THIS is what Chevy plans to replace the Cobalt with? THIS THING! are they on crack? I personialy can't WAIT to see the SS version hit the streets!

I can see this replaceing the Aveo but not the Cobalt, sorry.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 AM

I would think that for this particular project they would put a peppy LNF in.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jackalope
WOO HOO! Go ahead Chevy with your bad ass self! A screamin 140hp 1.8! WOW! even better would be the 112hp 1.6! But the best would be the turbo charged 1.4! Man that things gonna be a BEAST! and then to have a 6 spd automatic behind it?! HOLY WOW AND DAMN! Thats things gonna be a straight up hot rod! All the Geo Metro 1.0 3cylinders in town are gonna be running and hiding thats for damn sure! Too bad not much else will be tho.

THIS is what Chevy plans to replace the Cobalt with? THIS THING! are they on crack? I personialy can't WAIT to see the SS version hit the streets!

I can see this replaceing the Aveo but not the Cobalt, sorry.
very well put
Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 PM

THIS is what Chevy plans to replace the Cobalt with? THIS THING! are they on crack? I personally can't WAIT to see the SS version hit the streets!

I can see this replacing the Aveo but not the Cobalt, sorry.
I think you're the one on crack. Just because a performance model hasn't been announced on a vehicle that is FAR superior in MANY ways to Cobalt doesn't mean it's a POS.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by DeftonesFan867
I think you're the one on crack. Just because a performance model hasn't been announced on a vehicle that is FAR superior in MANY ways to Cobalt doesn't mean it's a POS.
Well see there's the problem, you went thinking again.

Not sure where you're getting it being a "FAR superior" car in ANY ways to the Cobalt other then its ability to sip gas due to its tiny engine. But I'm willing to learn, please link all relivent data as to the Cruze being a "FAR superior car in many ways to Cobalt" so I can see the error of my ways.

In other words, prove me wrong and I'll retract my statements. If not eat me!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Not sure where you're getting it being a "FAR superior" car in ANY ways to the Cobalt other then its ability to sip gas due to its tiny engine. But I'm willing to learn, please link all relivent data as to the Cruze being a "FAR superior car in many ways to Cobalt" so I can see the error of my ways.

How about reading all the driving reviews in this section of the forum? Can't be that hard can it?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:44 PM

superior is this...

even in automatic its superior

Last edited by Projekt; 04-29-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2009, 01:50 PM

God, I love that interior
Old 04-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JsavageSS/TC
God, I love that interior
Same here! I wish our Cobalts had that interior!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM

i think ive seen that interior before o wait i have

HONDA CIVIC LOOK AT THE STEERING WHEEL OF A NEW CIVIC!!

can count me out of buying taht spaceship interior

Last edited by beamer1341; 04-29-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by beamer1341
i think ive seen that interior before o wait i have

HONDA CIVIC LOOK AT THE STEERING WHEEL OF A NEW CIVIC!!
No, no and NO.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM

ive worked at a honda dealership they are very close and i dont like them

No, no and NO.
hmm looks like an 09 si interior to me here a link to HONDAS website

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-s.../interior.aspx

Last edited by beamer1341; 04-29-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Dash design isn't the same. Honda has way more buttons, even on the steering wheel. The steering wheel's aren't similar.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM

Ohhhhhh. that interior is pretty. Anything else or does it stop there? The interior is killer looking thats for sure, tho I'm SURE the automotive press will say its made of cheap plastic and that it sucks. You know the general hate toward domestic cars interiors.

I'm not a fan of the exterior and the drivetrain offerings leave alot to be desired IMHO. If you take a test drive in the Saturn Astra with its 1.8 ecotec I'm sure the Cruze will offer the same lack luster performance. But what do I know, GM built high performance cars and look at them, teetering on the edge of bankruptsy. Maybe high performance has had its time and now its time for gas sipping little cars, like Honda. *shrug* Oh well in any event I got mine.

BTW I was wrong about the interior thats for DAMN SURE! Its awesome looking! Now if GM could just do something about the exterior and offer the LNF in it. Then it'd have my vote as a little bad ass as the interior alone can't pump it up enough IMO.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Interior

Exterior

It's a mini malibu...
Old 04-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Ohhhhhh. that interior is pretty. Anything else or does it stop there? The interior is killer looking thats for sure, tho I'm SURE the automotive press will say its made of cheap plastic and that it sucks. You know the general hate toward domestic cars interiors.

I'm not a fan of the exterior and the drivetrain offerings leave alot to be desired IMHO. If you take a test drive in the Saturn Astra with its 1.8 ecotec I'm sure the Cruze will offer the same lack luster performance. But what do I know, GM built high performance cars and look at them, teetering on the edge of bankruptsy. Maybe high performance has had its time and now its time for gas sipping little cars, like Honda. *shrug* Oh well in any event I got mine.

BTW I was wrong about the interior thats for DAMN SURE! Its awesome looking! Now if GM could just do something about the exterior and offer the LNF in it. Then it'd have my vote as a little bad ass as the interior alone can't pump it up enough IMO.
Like I said before, read the reviews.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM

Like I said before, read the reviews.
Reviews are only valid if you're a consumer that falls in the age bracket they target, which is not the 21 - 30 bracket the Cobalts were targeting. Go back to the reviews and note how many complaints they directly (or indirectly) make about the powertrain, then sit there for a moment and consider this:

The 1.6L engine they are offering on the Cruze is essentially the same output as my g/f's 2009 Chevy Aveo. Throw into the mix the Cruze will clearly weigh far more than her car and have the review boards explain to me how the measley HP these cars are putting out is enough for the vehicle it is hauling down the road?

The core reviews have complained on numerous vehicles lately that the HP output is not in sync with the size and weight of the vehicle and I guarantee with the 1.6L and 1.8L the Cruze will be no different. The interior (assuming it comes as shown stock on ALL models) will boost the reviews I'm sure (and is a step in the right direction) but for consumers like myself, I don't live in the car so as long as its functional and not completely hideous it works for me . Reviews are always subjective and the only TRUE test is a test drive of the various models and combinations for yourself...I'm interested to see how this vehicle turns out for GM.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Permafried-
Reviews are only valid if you're a consumer that falls in the age bracket they target, which is not the 21 - 30 bracket the Cobalts were targeting. Go back to the reviews and note how many complaints they directly (or indirectly) make about the powertrain, then sit there for a moment and consider this:

The 1.6L engine they are offering on the Cruze is essentially the same output as my g/f's 2009 Chevy Aveo. Throw into the mix the Cruze will clearly weigh far more than her car and have the review boards explain to me how the measly HP these cars are putting out is enough for the vehicle it is hauling down the road?

The core reviews have complained on numerous vehicles lately that the HP output is not in sync with the size and weight of the vehicle and I guarantee with the 1.6L and 1.8L the Cruze will be no different. The interior (assuming it comes as shown stock on ALL models) will boost the reviews I'm sure (and is a step in the right direction) but for consumers like myself, I don't live in the car so as long as its functional and not completely hideous it works for me . Reviews are always subjective and the only TRUE test is a test drive of the various models and combinations for yourself...I'm interested to see how this vehicle turns out for GM.
He asked me to show where it's superior to the Cobalt, and the reviews show it. The handling, build quality, mileage and other aspects which are the most important to 95% of economy car buyers have been made MUCH better vs. the Cobalt.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 PM

He asked me to show where it's superior to the Cobalt, and the reviews show it. The handling, build quality, mileage and other aspects which are the most important to 95% of economy car buyers have been made MUCH better vs. the Cobalt.
Unfortunetly reviews are subjective and as I said before the powertrain in the car lacks too much for me to ever consider it as anything other then an obsticle on the highway that will no doubt get in my way. I've driven the Saturn Astra with the 1.8 and it couldn't get out of its own way on a down hill run with a strong tail wind. I guess I'll take a trip to a Chevy dealer once they arrive but I'm not expecting much as it shares the same lack luster performing enigne that the Astra has and then even worse it makes a small engine even smaller!

Other then its interior I see nothing that would suggest the Cruze is any better then the Cobalt. if gas mileage is such a determining factor for you then I'd suggest getting a 1.0 liter used Geo Metro as they could get in excess of 55mpg. Sorry but for me I'll never be buying one unless somehow it can impress the HELL out of me on a test drive.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:24 PM

Has there been any word on a drivetrain? Is it just me or does the rear wheels look wider then the fronts or is that common for road courses?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty Art
Has there been any word on a drivetrain? Is it just me or does the rear wheels look wider then the fronts or is that common for road courses?
Thats just the race car version. The car consumers will get will have either a 1.8 with 140hp or a 1.6 with 112hp and the transmissions will include a 5spd manual or 6spd auto. GM is even considering dumping a 1.4liter turbo into the car. If they do anything they should use the direct injected turbo diesel from Europe as it may be the cars only saving grace.