2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

well GM f&*(ed it up again

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those pics of them with the kit make this car actually very damn nice..
Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 PM

big deal.... i say wait it out... these are just base models.. just like the cobalt... cam out with a low powered base model 4 door first.. then the coupe's came.. then the SS came.. give it time.. if there making the AVEO RS with a manual.. they will make a Cruze with a manual.. or no younger people will buy it lol... except college girls and rental company's like enterprise..
Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by SRodSS007
no younger people will buy it lol... except college girls and rental company's like enterprise..
see i can take things out of context... just like most people are doing with the cruze!
i think it will be a business success for gm.

sorry to butcher your post btw. it worked to prove my point about people complaining about a car thats not even out yet
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShadowStal3er
all that said, i think if gm made the cruze with more options it would be a better car... give the option for the g85 transmission... the lnf engine... or any personalization mods FROM THE FACTORY and gm could make a killing!

my 2 cent
How do you figure? The Cobalt SS/TC makes up what maybe 5% of the total Cobalt sales. Making a car for the other 95% is what makes profits.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 AM

see i can take things out of context... just like most people are doing with the cruze!
i think it will be a business success for gm.

sorry to butcher your post btw. it worked to prove my point about people complaining about a car thats not even out yet
its alright.. i kinda changed my feelings.. like i said the cobalt first came out as a 4-door.. then the coupe.. then the SS give it time.. they will make some good things for the Cruze.. i mean comon now.. they have the AVEO RS... they have to do somethin for the cruze
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
300 all motor on a 1.5L D15... yeah right.

And I'm not "All motor". I have forced induction.
300 maybe not but my 91 civic D15B2 with High compression pistons, ported head, Oversized Valves, Ultra light flywheel, Msd Ignition and Indivual Throtle Body System made around 190 (Before I blew the engine ) and in an old civic that was less than 2000 LBS thats a lot of power so dont dis the D15
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM

or they could pull a nissan... the maxima was their only real 'sporty' car untill the altima 3.5 se came out. then they gear the maxima for luxury and the altima came from jsut a lower model to a sporty car. a solid choice for nissan, but it pissed off alot of maxima drivers, including myself for a time. point is, companies do what is best overall, and when you think about it... the market for tuners is very small when thinking about vehicles overall. they made a good choice becuase most consumers dont want or need tunable, moddable cars... they want and need high mpg and reliable cars. thats what everyone is going for... they pull people in with engines like the 1.4l turbo... people hear turbo and think, wow this is gonna have some nice power to it. as far as transmissions go.. when i bought my cobalt i was the first person to EVER say to my sales guy (who had be doing car sales for 25+ years) if its not a standard i dont want to see it. showing that 99.99999% of the market dont car either way or dont want manual transmissions. they do whats best... not want a small corner of the market thinks is right. sorry guys lol
Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Ask anyone with a K motor making 300 all motor ponies if they think their car is daily drivable and the smart ones will admit it isn't, most I have seen just have too much compression or have cams that make it nearly impossible to drive normally. I've driven a 305HP K series all motor...I wasn't impressed you literally could NOT drive the car under 4 grand, it lurched had no torque and felt as if it was severely restrained. The reason? High compression pistons. When you bump up the ratio even with vtec the low speed cam lobes just don't allow for torque at all. So anemic is the word, even with alot of horsepower it's pointless when the power is from 7 to 9K rpm. That is why most prefer forced induction to reach that power, broadens the powerband and makes the car street friendly.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by emiller
How do you figure? The Cobalt SS/TC makes up what maybe 5% of the total Cobalt sales. Making a car for the other 95% is what makes profits.
the point was give people the option to order these from the factory... i have been saying from my first post on this thread that the SS models were on smaller end of the sales.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Wow this thread jumped all over the place and it wasn't what I was smoking, its what I was drinking.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 PM

the point was give people the option to order these from the factory... i have been saying from my first post on this thread that the SS models were on smaller end of the sales.
The more options GM has to build the more money it costs. Extra parts to design, test, build, store, etc. Its not profitable to make a ton of different packages. That's why most companies have cut back to only a few different ones.

They will probably come out with a sporty model down the road if they think they can make money on it. I mean there is an Aveo RS concept so its not like they just said hey no more sporty models.

Last edited by emiller; 09-12-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 PM

this is true... but as for now they might cut them out and rely on the camaro and corvette for their sporty cars. they cover a huge price range
Old 09-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
says the guy with 180whp all motor when honda's are making 300 all motor....
300HP all motor...

Yea, and 57 ft/lbs of torque too, right??

And a powerband that looks like a black diamond ski slope??

And all for a ridiculously high cost as well, it takes a fully built, basically race prepped motor to make 300HP with an N/A Honda 4 cylinder.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Axelthered05
300 maybe not but my 91 civic D15B2 with High compression pistons, ported head, Oversized Valves, Ultra light flywheel, Msd Ignition and Indivual Throtle Body System made around 190 (Before I blew the engine ) and in an old civic that was less than 2000 LBS thats a lot of power so dont dis the D15
So you're saying you over DOUBLED the horsepower of your 1.5L engine by doing some headwork and changing the pistons.

Seriously?? GTFO, thats a joke
Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD
So you're saying you over DOUBLED the horsepower of your 1.5L engine by doing some headwork and changing the pistons.

Seriously?? GTFO, thats a joke

Iv seen Mini me swaps pull 130whp, thats nothing more than a vtec head and ecu swap on a non vtec block. the head swap bumps compression to like 10:1 which isn't much, so id have to imagine with some crazy high comp pistons (12.5:1) and revving the hell out of it could net close to his clam, at lest at the crank if nothing else.