Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Transmission issues... HELP! please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission issues... HELP! please.

Ok so I bought my car like a month ago... drove it two days and then it messed up...

My clutch had been slipping but I thought I had more time to fix it. I already bought a spec clutch and a new flywheel to have them replaced but I'm worried that the clutch may not be the problem... I had just entered onto the interstate and went to shift into 5th gear and it was like it was stuck in neutral, tried down shifting, same thing and it smelled like a clutch. I took to a local mechanic who said I had spun the clutch, so I'm like eh whatever I knew it was messed up no big deal. I'm still waiting for parts to arrive but the dealer that has it now ( long story about why I changed who was working on it and it isn't really relevant, let's just say I don't like scammers) said that he felt he should warn me that the transmission doesn't look good but he wouldn't know anything until he tore into it.

So basically I'm asking any ideas as to what could be going on?
Does that sound more like a clutch or does it sound like a transmission?
Where can I get a tranny other than gm or gmpp?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What year is your car and is it sc or tc? I have an 07 Ss/SC and I have had my transmission break 3 times in less than 2 months the 2nd time the dealer had my car for 30 days which by state law turned it into a lemon and i got it back and had it for three days then the roll pins supposedly broke.....no one could tell me why this stuff was breaking except that it was defective parts so i pushed for a repurchase from GM(mind you the car is still a GM certified car doesnt even have 30k on it)then all the sudden they are blaming me for driving it to hard...I never knew 65 mph on cruise control on the hghwy was driving a car Taggged SS way to freakin hard...is this your first encounter with trans issues?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM

BabySS,

It appears that you already have an appointment to see the dealer to discuss this issue. I would recommend discussing these issues further with the dealership; they should be able to address any concerns you are having. I would like to stay up-to-date on your concern. It would be appreciated if you could get back to me through a private message once you have visited the dealership. This way you can let me know if your concern has been addressed. Thank you again for any help you can provide and if you have any other questions, please feel free to email me.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 PM

The car is an 05 ss.
Ok so I had the clutch, (replaced with a spec 2+), flywheel, (replaced with a lightweight fidanza), and the slave cylinder replaced... Car seems to be running fine but when they bled the lines there were metal shaving in it...

Now though I was driving the car home and it seemed to be trying to die. Like it got super bogged down. I ha heard of some cars doing this when the throttle bottle needed to be cleaned, pulled the intake off and checked the throttle body and there was no corrosion. I don't understand why it would be doing that now. The dealer said that the problems couldn't be related. The intake on it looks like an off-brand aftermarket. I had heard of people having issues with theebay option intakes but I don't know if that's what it is. It just bothers me that it started like with 200 miles of getting out of the shop. It seems to me it would have to be something they did at the dealer...
Any ideas on that one?