Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Anybody with HID's in the Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody with HID's in the Projectors

Anybody with HID's in the projectors, can you take a picture of what the back of your headlight looks like???

Thanks to anybody & + rep!

Anybody that knows how to put HID's in the projectors please PM me, or respond back. I need some help!

Last edited by JPizzle; 09-02-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
even though i dont know exactly what bulbs yours use, i'm going to take a wild guess they are 9006 lowbeam in the projector and H1 or H11 highbeam. Most HID kits come with a rubber grommet that the bulb wires run through. If you get a kit that does, you can cut a hole in teh rear plug that covers the back of the projector, and insert the grommet into that hole...that will seal it up nicely. If you dont, you can do what i did with my fathers subaru and just drill a hole big enough to fit the connectors through, then RTV the hell out of the hole to seal them back up again.

As for connecting the ballasts to power, make sure the HID kit you get has a RELAY HARNESS otherwise you stand the chance of burning up your stock wiring. The headlights SHOULD have the correct connector on them to plug into your factory wiring, so if you DONT have a relay harness, you can use THAT connector to MAKE one.

Basically, this is what you'll need to make:

to better explain.........

You'll need a 4-pin automotive relay, most common is Bosch or some other brand. It has 4 labeled pins on it, 30, 85, 86, and 87(87a available in 5pin)

You will want to connect the lowbeam positive input to Pin 85 on the relay, this will turn the relay on. Pin 86 is the ground, connect it to a good chassis ground. Pin 30 is your Battery +12V input, and Pin 87 is your +12V Output that will go to the HID's Ballasts. The optional part is a single Diode, model number 1N4007. This diode will allow you to keep your lows on while your highs are on. If you want the lows to be off when the highs are on, then DO NOT do this part. If you DO want them to stay on, pay close attention to the diode, as it has a WHITE STRIPE on one end. This indicates direction of flow. If you wire it backwards, your highs will not shut off and will be on always with the lows. The white stripe goes to the OUTPUT side(i.e., you want the high to power the low, so have the white stripe on the lowbeam side).

I would recommend doing 2 relays, 1 for lows, 1 for highs, whether you're using HID's for both or not, it's just safer and can actually give you a little bit more output because it pulls power directly from teh battery as apposed to the less than addequete factory wiring...

Any more questions?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! I have to try it, then I will see if I have any more questions. It is for the projectors which have H1's for the high & low beams. The part that has me, is where it is talking about the relay & how it connects to the headlight harnesses. It comes with 2 (two) spade connectors.