Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Anyone have it in stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Ern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have it in stock?

Does anyone have the Carbon Fiber SS Hood in stock?

I talk to Modern Performance and they dont. I cant seem to get ahold of anyone else and Im not paying 599.99 plus 160 shipped from Cobalt Addiction either.

Modern did qoute me 700 shipped.

I cant find this hood anywhere.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:59 PM

www.cobalt-addiction.com
Old 03-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Ern

Originally Posted by Ern
Im not paying 599.99 plus 160 shipped from Cobalt Addiction either.

To expensive
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ern
To expensive
there all expensive
Old 03-04-2006, 06:08 PM

My bad, I didnt read all that much. Sorry. But i dont think you are going to get CF for much less...unless you bought an SS hood and did a CF wrap on it.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by roccityroller
My bad, I didnt read all that much. Sorry. But i dont think you are going to get CF for much less...unless you bought an SS hood and did a CF wrap on it.
am i crazy? i dont think i have ever seen an actual stock cobalt SS hood with that style of hood.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Ern

Its all expensive yes, but if i can save 60-70 bucks Im going too.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 PM

I tried to find them too, but I couldn't I emailed cobalt addicition to see if they have the hood in stock, but I never got a reply. Also e mailed a couple others but most never replied. Ray at rev it up doesn't have them in stock. At least he answered my e mail. What ever happened to customer service? That's why I order from turbo tech! Eitheir way I believe these hoods are backordered now.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when did you send an email out?

Kenny usually answers his emails in the morning and evenings. We are not open on the weekends so if you emailed us Friday late, Saturday or Sunday , he wont receive it until Monday morning and usually spends the most of mondays answering. We get hundreds of emails daily and try our best to respond to everything which is why i try to respond back asap in PMs on the board. If you do not hear from Kenny, I can be reached through PM as a backup method of communication. Direct your technical and install questions to kenny. If you need help with availability then i am here and can easily check that for you.

In addition, when calling, leave a voicemail if you can not get through and someone will get back to you. Again we are not open on the weekends.
We have a lot of people who will call 10-15 times in 15 minutes while the line is tied up. I check the site in the morning, Lunch time , and when i get home from my regular 9-5 job.

I aplogize for the delay :-)

Last edited by badg1rl; 03-06-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Ern

I have to agree customer service is crap. I cant say anything about cobalt addiction becuase I havent dealt with them yet. Modern and Revitup never respond to my emails or my instant pms.

Oh well we will find that the hood sooner or later.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
when did you send an email out?
I sent the e mail on feb 25th. I'm not trying to down you guys, but I just don't understand why none of the companies reply to e mails. I was ready to buy the hood that day, but nobody responded. So I bought an exhaust from turbo tech instead.

Hey Ern, I used to live in Anderson, right next to Highland Highschool! Small World!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor

We answer email every morning and afternoon Mon - Fri. We have found that some email services have been blocking our emails as spam because of our signature attachment. This problem seems to be fixed now.
As far as the hoods , The CF OEM hoods as well as the SS CF hoods are currently out of stock from every manufacturer we can find . Currently all CF hoods that are produced overseas for any make car are all delayed. The military has put restrictions on all carbon fiber manufacturing due to the military using CF on some new Airplanes. We have been dealing with this problem from every manufacturer that does its production overseas. When the hoods do come in they only send like 2 or 3 and most of the time they are already sold before they even hit the US. All the dealers and manufacturers have a waiting list on all these hoods.
If anyone is even thinking of getting a CF hood for summer i suggest making payment and going on the waiting list and this will be the only way to get a hood anytime in the next 6 months if not more. I know REV IT UP has a waiting list and so does MODERN . This is because right now there is only one maufacturer making the SS hOOD. So i would suggest getting on OURS or any of the dealers waiting lists now if you want to get ahold of one of these hoods for this show season .
I hope this helps anyone out and helps them realize whats up with the carbon fiber delay and pricing increases.(All carbon prices have gone up by almost 15% in the past 6 months)
As far as emails if you happen to email us and not get a response , check your spam folders , or wait till the next business day . IF still no response please feel free to email us again and we will get back to you if we recieve the email . Also make sure it is sales@cobalt-addiction.com ....make sure you put in the dash or else someone else will get your email not our company.
Thanks Kenny
www.cobalt-addiction.com