Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

huge fail!!! need help from everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry huge fail!!! need help from everyone

Hey everyone.

I need your help on what i should do. My local rim shop damaged my 2 of my rims in the fall. I will give you guys a short story on what happened. I broke my key lock trying to take my wheels off to put my winters on. Went to the place i bought them and asked them to remove it they said it was an easy task and will only take a few minutes and they do it all the time for people. what happen was they got some joke kid to remove them he used the wrong wheel lock removed and ended up cutting huge holes in my chrome wheels.

Now its spring and after what was a huge battle all winter they are willing to replace the damage rims. However guess what, after much searching form them, they have told me that the rims are not available anymore. I have also looked and have not found any in the base 4-100 bolt pattern now I am screwed i ended up falling in love with these rims lol.

So i was wondering if you guys had any suggestion on what will look good on my car i want chrome again loved how it looked in the sun

sorry this is the only pick i have of the car with them on my car has changed a little since this but its close enough.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you love those ones see if you can find a reputable wheel repair shop and send the bill to the shop that damaged them in the first place.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:45 PM

ya i wish it was that easy...but they are chrome and to fix two of them will cost a lot. They say its cheaper for them to give me a new rim at the price I payed for those. Well that is how they see it, I am not sure how much it will cost to fix them but I know there is no places in Canada that will do it.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i know a few in calgary but that doesn't help you in ontario
Old 03-13-2011, 05:53 PM

Ya I already argued with them to send them out to fix them. But I do see the shops side if they can give me a rim that is similar and around the same price then I may have to go that route. I like the style and have had them for three years on the car and a change might be nice just not sure what I want to do. Like these rims are a pain in the ass to clean. I was looking at the Konig Afterburner Wheels simple and nice but I am not sure if they suite the car?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:08 PM

Ok I used the search tool. Turns out I do not want them if everyone got them. j/k I like the look of the Blix 3 anyone on here got something similar? In chrome?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
what percent tint is that?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by royce777
what percent tint is that?
Its 15% all round looks darker then normal because it was overcast out
Old 03-13-2011, 06:31 PM

get a lawyer... screw how much it will cost them... tell them you are sending your wheels to be repaired and the bill will be sent to them... end of discussion, if not, sue the **** out of them, get your wheels fixed, and pocket some money for your troubles
Old 03-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
get a lawyer... screw how much it will cost them... tell them you are sending your wheels to be repaired and the bill will be sent to them... end of discussion, if not, sue the **** out of them, get your wheels fixed, and pocket some money for your troubles
If I win then ya, but that is a lot of trouble to go through with them. Like they have agreed in writing that they will replace the damaged wheels with new ones. I told them I would take them to the better business bureau of Ontario and they will get it figured out if we cant come to an agreement. The problem iam stuck with is do I want a new set of rims that look different or stick with the ones I got and try and get them to pay for the repairs. What do you guys think about the rims I got? I know its all personal preference. The cool thing about these rims is that I have seen these rims once on another car before and it was a BMW. So not a cobalt/g5 kinda makes me stand out a little???