Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Picture needed: SS/TC Sedan with TurboXS GT Catback

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picture needed: SS/TC Sedan with TurboXS GT Catback

currently I have a Megan 3" catless downpipe on stock catback with muffler delete. I'm looking for something quieter and mellow that still appears very concealed (to keep with the sleeper thing I got going on). The only reason I had to get muffler delete was when I bought the car it had a fart cannon on it, so that lasted about a day or so for reasons you should all understand. I did muffler delete then because with the tip it only cost me $20... very budget friendly.. if my car didnt have the fart cannon on it I would've left it stock catback for sure but now I'm in a pickle for what I want

Now I'm looking at either tossing a muffler on the stock catback, with nice resonated tip and all that fun stuff.

OR

for not much more money I could bump into getting the TurboXS GT 3" catback (as one is for sale at a decent used price). The one concern is that the sedan doesnt have the rear lip to conceal the round muffler like the coupe does and I'll admit I'm picky and like that **** tucked away. so question being then is does anyone have a picture of the GT catback on a sedan so I can see how tucked away that muffler is?

picture of catback for reference

this is a bit exaggerated and I know its a different exhaust and rear bumper, but in general this is the look I DONT WANT.. hope everyone gets what I'm saying here by saying this looks shitty by hanging out everywhere
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
So put a lip on the sedan so it's a bit more tucked. Sorry this isn't the answer you want.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
So put a lip on the sedan so it's a bit more tucked. Sorry this isn't the answer you want.
not going into all the work/time/money involved to do that.. plus I kinda like the look without the lip to be honest

if it comes down to the GT 3" not looking how I want it to, I'll end up throwing a muffler on the stock catback and just making sure its tucked away nice n kosher. This is definately a decison based more on appearance and cost where adding a lip isnt an option. If the GT looks good though I'd gladly toss the little bit of extra money up for it (and gain that every so slight peformance) over wasting more on a hacked together stock size catback system.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Yeah I feel like the stock look actually looks pretty good, and for the gains, it's tough to justify spending big bucks on aftermarket exhaust.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
Yeah I feel like the stock look actually looks pretty good, and for the gains, it's tough to justify spending big bucks on aftermarket exhaust.
i agree and feel stock is just fine. if only the previous owner didnt put that garbage can on it then I wouldnt have to mess with it at all

but anyways by time I buy a decent quality muffler, with tip, installed, looking good and all that it wont be a ton more to just buy this catback used.. which is the only reason I'm debating it. I know gains will be minimal or small at best, but i'm looking at it more from a simplicity of install aspect and for the money why not have maybe small gains to boot
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM

my hahn cat back sticks out past my bumper by about an 1" 1/2,it really,REALLY bugged me at first but then i thought it looked good. i had to add another hanger to the exhaust and so it sucked the tip (haha thats what she said) back in about a 1/2 inch,so now i think it looks perfect. shows off the Hahn logo on the tip

my Hahn cat back was used,my buddy had it on his sedan and he had an aftermarket muffler put on in place of the stock Hahn muff. idk if that had to do with the 1" 1/2 sticking out,or if it was the coupe to sedan swap,if the rear lip on the coupe had an effect on it.

but if you are worried about getting a cat back system and it sticking out past your bumper and your looking for a flush look,you should be able to take it to a exhaust shop AFTER you put the cat back on and get an additional hanger added to hold it in place to avoid the tip poking out past the bumper.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM

its not so much the tip I'm concerned about.. its the muffler itself being visible