Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

powdercoating (MD)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
powdercoating (MD)

So I was asking a friend about powdercoating my wheels. She works for a company that does sand/media blasting but they wok with another compay that does powdercoating. I asked her to look into it for me. She told me that since my wheels are aluminum that the powdercoat won't stick. I was like WTF? Others have gotten them powdercoated. So either they're stupid, or my wheels aren't aluminum. So who knows any place that can do powdercoating around here and how much do the charge? I'm thinking about getting my wheels done in silver. Either color match, or the same olor as the TC wheels.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:08 PM

I am a coater and can tell ya aluminum can be coated with no problem..as a matter a fact, i prefer it...i get a better blast profile, which makes the powder stick better, easier to clean from the start, and can be polished and candies really pop over it.....where are you located, i belong to a network and can push you in the right direction to a great custom coater.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by 06G85
So I was asking a friend about powdercoating my wheels. She works for a company that does sand/media blasting but they wok with another compay that does powdercoating. I asked her to look into it for me. She told me that since my wheels are aluminum that the powdercoat won't stick. I was like WTF? Others have gotten them powdercoated. So either they're stupid, or my wheels aren't aluminum. So who knows any place that can do powdercoating around here and how much do the charge? I'm thinking about getting my wheels done in silver. Either color match, or the same olor as the TC wheels.
They may have an E-Coating system which uses an electro static charge that the part carries into a booth that is blasted with media. The aluminum may not carry the charge well enough for their booths.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:58 PM

^^This is the information I needed. Thank you!

Payrion: I'm located in Glen Burnie, MD
Old 09-18-2011, 01:06 PM

Custom Functionz - Professional Powder Coating, Ceramic Coating, Wheel Repair and More- Servicing MD, VA and the DC Metropolitan Area
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM

Do you know anyone in the Austin or San Antonio?

Originally Posted by Payrion
I am a coater and can tell ya aluminum can be coated with no problem..as a matter a fact, i prefer it...i get a better blast profile, which makes the powder stick better, easier to clean from the start, and can be polished and candies really pop over it.....where are you located, i belong to a network and can push you in the right direction to a great custom coater.
I just got my cobalt ss turbo 2 months ago and I'm going to powder coat my rims. But I want to paint the stokes of the rim black and have pink as the background color. Do you know anyone that can paint the stokes black after they are powder coated in Austin or san Antonio? Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 PM

custom functionz does great work...some of the best coating ive seen.......they are on a few forums i am on too...Thisd is exactly who i was gonna post up for ya