Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

?'s about Powdercoating Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?'s about Powdercoating Prices

I have no clue how much powdercoating rims is supposed to cost... 100% clueless about it.

With that being said, I own a 09 SS/TC, and the rims in question are the stock 18s.

I found a reputable powdercoating place that is a quick 15 min down the road from my house.

I stopped by today, and I told him what I drive and how big the rims where... he quoted me at 65$ per rim... so I am looking at 260$ total.

Good price, bad price????

One factor is, the distance... its really close to my house... besides this place, I am looking at a 45-1hour drive ( just there.. not round trip) out to Lansing, MI.....

Whats up css.net? help a brother out
Old 06-25-2009, 02:55 PM

it depends on what they are going to do... If that covers cleaning, blasting, powder coat, tire mounting/unmounting (with your tpms), and center caps then you just got a great quote...

Mine ended up costing $300 for everything (should have pics in a few days)...

Just make sure you are getting the full deal. Many times the quote you get does not include cleaning or mounting/unmounting tires/tpms... you are expected to do that yourself... Also our rims have a clear coat so they will need to be blasted prior powdercoating
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nakaiya21
it depends on what they are going to do... If that covers cleaning, blasting, powder coat, tire mounting/unmounting (with your tpms), and center caps then you just got a great quote...

Mine ended up costing $300 for everything (should have pics in a few days)...

Just make sure you are getting the full deal. Many times the quote you get does not include cleaning or mounting/unmounting tires/tpms... you are expected to do that yourself... Also our rims have a clear coat so they will need to be blasted prior powdercoating
well he said " Its going to be 65$ per rim because I have to remove your tires" so I assume thats the full package.. I was busy and in the work car.... so I just took his card and will call for more details..... unfortunately, money is tight now because Im trying to get my first home purchased this summer. Gotta save.

but still.. I have had the car 1 year, no engine mods planned, so I want to do atleast 1 thing lol.

I think yellow with gloss black powdercoated rims would look sweet!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 PM

well... I have a feeling he doesn't know about the tpms yet... probably won't be a big deal, but make sure you find out where he is going to have them mounted/unmounted at and be aware that people have been known to break them...

It also sounds like he will be doing the blasting...but check into the cleaning just to make sure...

I went gloss black on mine...when I get a chance I will post some pics for you...
Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by ElDude
I have no clue how much powdercoating rims is supposed to cost... 100% clueless about it.

With that being said, I own a 09 SS/TC, and the rims in question are the stock 18s.

I found a reputable powdercoating place that is a quick 15 min down the road from my house.

I stopped by today, and I told him what I drive and how big the rims where... he quoted me at 65$ per rim... so I am looking at 260$ total.

Good price, bad price????

One factor is, the distance... its really close to my house... besides this place, I am looking at a 45-1hour drive ( just there.. not round trip) out to Lansing, MI.....

Whats up css.net? help a brother out
thats a good deal if there going to do everything for you. and you dont have to do anything then id say thats a good price