Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Tint in the columbus area

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint in the columbus area

Hey all, Just had a quick question to those in the Columbus Ohio area. Now that spring is fast approaching and I have been working for awhile it is time to start modding the balt. Im thinking the first thing that I want to do is tint up the windows since that is a pretty inexpensive mod and does wonders for the looks. I have searched the internet and also the yellow pages and all I could track down was Solar Art Custom Glass Tinting which is located up around Worthington off of 71. I know that this cant be the only place in Columbus to get your windows tinted. Was just wondering if any of the guys in the Cbus area have gotten their windows tinted or if anyone knows of any good places to go and if this Solar glass place is any good. Im also going to call my dealer and see if they do anything along the lines of tinting. But I was planning on possibly calling wherever and scheduling an appointment sometime next week cuz I would like to get this done as soon as I can. Thanks for everyones help and sorry if I seem so ignorant about the Columbus area but I am only here when I work and that hasnt been for very long. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:53 PM

I work here in Cbus/Westerville and have also been looking for a place. I have been searching for a couple months and have not found anything that stands out to me. Sorry I couldnt help more.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:15 PM

I called 2 places today, Ziebart, and Solar art custom glass tinting, both sound like reputable places and the ziebart quote was for 169.95 and the solar quote was 140. Both ran about the same warranties saying that the tint company has a lifetime warranty and ziebart had a one yr store warranty and the solar place said that they guaruntee their work and that if you think something is wrong with it take it in and if they can fix it they will if not they will replace it. Im kind of leaning towards the solar place cuz I talked to the guy and he said I would prolly be able to squeeze in next saturday if i called and scheduled an appt on Monday. I think I may do that especially for $140. Ive also heard that ziebart only tints what is legal, so that is another key factor, cuz I was thinking of going 35 in the back 3 windows and 50% on the front two, dont wanna make it too dark and stay semi legal, so who knows. I may try and call some other places but as of right now Im thinking Im going to go with the Solar art custon glass tinting which is located up in worthington on shrock road.