Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe one day next week? i should be sitting around 15.0 flat right now, i'm hopping to squeek out a 14.6-14.8 by the end of the summer. Anyone have friends that wanna partake in an evening of good races?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by thought
lol jeff - imma come visit you tom while i wait for the princess to get her fluids changed
for sure , what time do you figure? afternoons are always better then mornings lol. do you want me to bring those injectors for u? they are just sitting here so if you want them back, let me know . . . i'll just throw them in the car in the morning and then i have them with me lol
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaJ
Going Dual Pass brought you down only 10 degrees? That seems hardly worth the effort (or money if you buy on pre-made, aren't they close to $200?)

Well... hopefully the HE makes a much bigger difference.

well I didn't record a pull in 30+ degree weather before. it was like 20 degrees in may. that is all I have to compare to. I used to hit 165 on a good hard pull. who knows what that would equate to now. and it took much longer to get up there. If I do only a 2 and 3 degree pull then it is much lower. It is worth it especially for 10 degrees. that is huge. but you can always get more.... Kenny's setup does more. I also may still have air in the system (even though I doubt it). I have to see what is the capacity of the system. I was able to get 1.5 L in.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

OK, just an FYI/feeler:

Orion has now decided to sell/install their own remote starters/alarms so that they can warranty the electrical work done. They have the 2-way autostart alarm/starter with lcd screen and will install in in manual tranny cars with all the power features of the stock remote, for $555 installed. He said if a few of us buy together they can include the power door locks and other features that are extra, for free.

Let me know if anybody is interested - would be nice to get it done before winter.

PS: Or let us know Juan if you found a better deal.

I just like the idea of a GM dealer installing it and backing it up - and its cheap.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM

$500 for 5 of us for the exact same thing...so ask them to get it cheaper...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
MaJ

Found this link to be pretty dandy. Not that it really matters at all, just another useless factoid about the future life of the Cobalt.

Originally Posted by GM.com
The SS and SS Supercharged designations have been put on hiatus while the next generation of Cobalt high-performance’s legacy is finalized.
Source: http://media.gm.com/us/chevrolet/en/...alt/index.html
Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ
Found this link to be pretty dandy. Not that it really matters at all, just another useless factoid about the future life of the Cobalt.

Source: http://media.gm.com/us/chevrolet/en/...alt/index.html
That is pretty cool. maybe I wont do any more modifications. then wait and see what they come up with. I would expect it will be 300HP and hope for RWD or AWD. I hope for RWD personaly. I want to drift...LOL.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM
MaJ

If they really want to do something that will sell to the "high-performance" market, they need to go around 300hp and RWD or AWD. They would be stupid not to at this point.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 PM

if they did something like that..it would prob be expensive
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ProjektCobalt
realisticly , it cant be to expensive . gm wouldnt dare hike up the price to much because they will lose the youth appeal . . . rocket outa the box at an afordable price. there market group of 16 - 25 will drop if they change a low 20 000 car to a high 20- 30 000 car ! ti s just not practical for the consumer base to take a product that is doing so well, change it and charge more moey for it.they would lose to much of the general publics interest. when going to that kind of money . . . your eyes can start wandering into other car markets for less money and more horsepower or whatever. gm would be fools to do something like that.

my 2 cents lol
Old 08-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jefferyss
realisticly , it cant be to expensive . gm wouldnt dare hike up the price to much because they will lose the youth appeal . . . rocket outa the box at an afordable price. there market group of 16 - 25 will drop if they change a low 20 000 car to a high 20- 30 000 car ! ti s just not practical for the consumer base to take a product that is doing so well, change it and charge more moey for it.they would lose to much of the general publics interest. when going to that kind of money . . . your eyes can start wandering into other car markets for less money and more horsepower or whatever. gm would be fools to do something like that.

my 2 cents lol
WEll GM very well could be a fool. they screwed with SS branding...LOL but other than that I really did not understand where you were going with this.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 AM

basically if they **** around to much, they are gonna lose a lot of sales lol

should of just wrote that instead of going on a rant heh heh
Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 AM

My $0.02 is that the Cobalt SS was/is a success for Chevy, as it came in making a profit, unlike the base models that don't give them as much of a margin (albeit better numbers). They probably want to improve on it rather than remove that from the lineup. My guess is LNF (2.0 with VVT and 260HP with Turbo) from the Solstace GXP and SKy Redline, along with either RWD from that platform or more drivetrain from Saab than just the gearbox, like the future AWD Saab drivetrain. I'm thinking there will be a "cheap" and "expensive" SS like we have now with and without LSD, etc. All I know is that SC is gone and they have a well tested turbo 2.0 in use now, so..... :-)

RE: Jeff/Injectors:
Sorry I didn't make it in to Point West today, I left in quite a rush and then didn't have the time to come back. However I did you see you at WalMart chatting up a hottie sporting tats on the back and **** on the front I didn't want to interrupt for fear of messing up the vibes

RE: Hispano1/Starter:
So how do you feel if we can get them down to $500 to match that price? Then we get the bonus of having a GM dealer backup both vehicle and starter electronics?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 AM
MaJ

I'm pretty sure what he was saying was that he doesn't think GM will go more power, or a better drive system, simply because it would make the car cost more.

At least that's what I got out of it.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by ProjektCobalt
I agree. Probably will offer something like that with stage kits that cost a lot, but not needed to buy the car.

Originally Posted by MaJ
I'm pretty sure what he was saying was that he doesn't think GM will go more power, or a better drive system, simply because it would make the car cost more.

I agree with you 100%. My guess is that's why the 1 year gap, to allow enough time for the LNF to be old enough to be "cheap", and "slow" compared to the new EVOs and Camaros, but while being able to increase the price due to 2 years "inflation".

Last edited by thought; 08-03-2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2007, 02:39 AM

My $0.02 is that the Cobalt SS was/is a success for Chevy, as it came in making a profit, unlike the base models that don't give them as much of a margin (albeit better numbers). They probably want to improve on it rather than remove that from the lineup. My guess is LNF (2.0 with VVT and 260HP with Turbo) from the Solstace GXP and SKy Redline, along with either RWD from that platform or more drivetrain from Saab than just the gearbox, like the future AWD Saab drivetrain. I'm thinking there will be a "cheap" and "expensive" SS like we have now with and without LSD, etc. All I know is that SC is gone and they have a well tested turbo 2.0 in use now, so..... :-)

RE: Jeff/Injectors:
Sorry I didn't make it in to Point West today, I left in quite a rush and then didn't have the time to come back. However I did you see you at WalMart chatting up a hottie sporting tats on the back and **** on the front I didn't want to interrupt for fear of messing up the vibes

RE: Hispano1/Starter:
So how do you feel if we can get them down to $500 to match that price? Then we get the bonus of having a GM dealer backup both vehicle and starter electronics?

yeah , she is ****** sexy as hell ! i luv the tats lol we are kinda dating kinda hangin out with no strings and no commitment . . . .perfection lol

you should of stopped by and said hey. we were just in the same place at the same time so we were saying bye's for the long weekend cause im out of town .

and i had the orion command start put in my 2.4 . . . . D O N ' T D O I T ! i had nothing but problems with it , i must of had it back at the shop a least 10 times for reprogramming. i would start it in the morning before work,the alarm would go off and i would have to go out ot the car in -30 and press the brake to get it to stop. of course that was when the power locks would actually unlock and i could get into the car ! i would swear at it till i was blue in the face !

one thing and only thing i liked about having it . . . it had a flashy blue light that would flicker off beat so it looked like an alarm but it was really just the command start antenna .

################ D O N ' T D O I T ###################
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaJ

Soltice and SKY....$35000 with rag top? and that is inflated cause of availability. I dont think it would take much to put that drive train and platform with a coupe body.

I agree. Probably will offer something like that with stage kits that cost a lot, but not needed to buy the car.

I agree with you 100%. My guess is that's why the 1 year gap, to allow enough time for the LNF to be old enough to be "cheap", and "slow" compared to the new EVOs and Camaros, but while being able to increase the price due to 2 years "inflation".
Age does not make something cheap..... MASS production does. if they expand the soltice sky into the cobalt market just makes sense and they could run the assembly line with a different body just dropped on. that is GM's intention and goal is to have a small, mid, and large platform and be able to drop what ever body onto it. mid could be a mini van, SUV, or a sportscoupe. Saw this at GM test track in Walt Disney expo. it actually was very different and did seem possible with some minor changes to suspension and body and wheels to achieve all.

yeah , she is ****** sexy as hell ! i luv the tats lol we are kinda dating kinda hangin out with no strings and no commitment . . . .perfection lol

you should of stopped by and said hey. we were just in the same place at the same time so we were saying bye's for the long weekend cause im out of town .

and i had the orion command start put in my 2.4 . . . . D O N ' T D O I T ! i had nothing but problems with it , i must of had it back at the shop a least 10 times for reprogramming. i would start it in the morning before work,the alarm would go off and i would have to go out ot the car in -30 and press the brake to get it to stop. of course that was when the power locks would actually unlock and i could get into the car ! i would swear at it till i was blue in the face !

one thing and only thing i liked about having it . . . it had a flashy blue light that would flicker off beat so it looked like an alarm but it was really just the command start antenna .

did Orion resolve the problem? maybe now they know what they are doing? perhaps one car should get it done and be a test pilot?

I am not interested though in it.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

anyone going out tmrw?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by hispano1
anyone going out tmrw?
Yep, I'm having some issues with the car so hopefully I can get them worked out at the track, tunning on the street is just stupid in 4th gear. Will be running slicks for the first time, my goal is a 12.5@115 or better.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 PM

I just got back from Murray's about trading in my car... decisions, decisions...
Old 08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hispano1
anyone going out tmrw?
I would have but...... work caught me at home.

in two days I will put in four shifts. that will pay for 6 shifts. plus I am on holidays and I get paid anyway...... life is good. maybe sunday after midnight. I will be off work then. LOL

EDIT - Holy that is almost $1700 in 2 days.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 PM
MaJ

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Holy that is almost $1700 in 2 days.
I'll take my ZZP Mid-length with heat coating and stainless downpipe.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 PM

x2 hehehe
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 PM

That's too bad......I wonder why they offer it at all if the whole reason for them installing starters was to avoid it breaking and having to run between dealerships and installer. All that just to screw it up seems like a waste of time for them. I think I'll ask them about it and see what's what about that. At least in your case you could take it back to them and have them fix either the starter or the vehicle electronics....but that still makes me wary....
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 PM

i was thinking of going tmrw and be the lonestar balt but i still have my cel since orion was busy today couldnt fix my 02 sensor yet until next friday...now is it worth the trip or should i wait?

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2007