Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha no probs man, i was just jokin around wit a little self-depricating humour a la mister bean - whom i probably resemble
Old 07-17-2007, 06:59 PM

no, you resemble a coworker i used to know. Except you are cooler. much cooler.

Another very useful thing i found: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drag-racing-52/drag-racing-basics-66573/

Thanks to poppagun for finding it in the first place. I don't know how accurate it is to our track but it is free simple info.

My favourite part is

"11) The starter will activate the tree, and the yellow lights will come on, one at a time .5 seconds apart. When the last yellow light comes on, GO! By the time you react, then your car reacts, the green light will be on. Trust me. If you red light, it is no big deal. Afterward, check your reaction time, and adjust. .500 is a perfect light on a standard tree (The pros use a tree where all the yellows come on at once, then green. A perfect light on a pro tree is .400). Although your reaction time has absolutely no effect on your ET (the clocks don't start until your car moves forward enough to trip the beam), it could be the deciding factor as to who wins the race."

I saw a lot of .9 second reactions..... following this info would bring you down to .4 seconds...

Last edited by Dayn; 07-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:55 PM
MaJ

I'll keep that reaction time thing in mind when I go out next time.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 PM

yeah the tech guy told me to go when the last yellow light lit, and so I did that and managed to cut a .5 light that time I went against Maj. We should each put in like $5 next time we go and then whoever gets the best reaction time gets the pot! That would be fun and we can focus on our launches rather than our times............

likey?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
MaJ

Personally not interested in doing that.
We all have different experience with cars, as well as different experience at the track.
Besides, the track is suposed to be a place we can all go do have fun. No sense in cluttering it up with competition.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM

Does Anyone Have A Pic Of What The Air Box Mod Should Look Like Before I Start Cutting Into Anything Lol
Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i like friendly situation team attitude for everyone to get faster. i find that fun bouncing ideas and techniques of each other so someone can get their personal best

Originally Posted by jefferyss
Does Anyone Have A Pic Of What The Air Box Mod Should Look Like Before I Start Cutting Into Anything Lol
there are many different ways to cut the cheese.... that did sound good. Gross

Ok what filter to you have? cone or drop in filter that requires the bottom to be put back on? also are you getting another air box for winter time? kind of recommended if you want to go extreme but if not the I have other ways of doing to save the box to provide protection for the winter slop.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 07-18-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
yeah i like friendly situation team attitude for everyone to get faster. i find that fun bouncing ideas and techniques of each other so someone can get their personal best

there are many different ways to cut the cheese.... that did sound good. Gross

Ok what filter to you have? cone or drop in filter that requires the bottom to be put back on? also are you getting another air box for winter time? kind of recommended if you want to go extreme but if not the I have other ways of doing to save the box to provide protection for the winter slop.
IM THINKING OF PICKING UP A CONE STYLE ( APC ) FROM PRINCESS AUTO AND SOME 3 INCH TUBING , THE BOX IT SELF I CAN ALWAYS GET ANOTHER ONE THROUGH THE SHOP HERE , IDEALLY I WOULD LIKE TO NOT BUTCHER IT UP TO BADLY INCASE I CANT FIND ONE BUT WE'LL SEE I GUESS LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jefferyss
IM THINKING OF PICKING UP A CONE STYLE ( APC ) FROM PRINCESS AUTO AND SOME 3 INCH TUBING , THE BOX IT SELF I CAN ALWAYS GET ANOTHER ONE THROUGH THE SHOP HERE , IDEALLY I WOULD LIKE TO NOT BUTCHER IT UP TO BADLY INCASE I CANT FIND ONE BUT WE'LL SEE I GUESS LOL

Well it is your car but princess auto APC cone and tubing wont fly. you need a place for your MAF. not sure what you will do there. as far as APC this is vital part of your car. not sure APC is the right thing to do. either it will restrict flow too much or let dirt in. it not exactly quality. Also consider the sto filter and it paper surface area. you can impede performance by having a filter that is too small.

hope that helps in deciding depending on your goals. if you dont car about the car or performance and just want sound then go ahead and get APC. the inlet has to be 3.25" to 3.5" as well to fit inside the stock airbox.

I want to get a CAI so do you want to buy my K&N drop in? $30.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
Well it is your car but princess auto APC cone and tubing wont fly. you need a place for your MAF. not sure what you will do there. as far as APC this is vital part of your car. not sure APC is the right thing to do. either it will restrict flow too much or let dirt in. it not exactly quality. Also consider the sto filter and it paper surface area. you can impede performance by having a filter that is too small.

hope that helps in deciding depending on your goals. if you dont car about the car or performance and just want sound then go ahead and get APC. the inlet has to be 3.25" to 3.5" as well to fit inside the stock airbox.

I want to get a CAI so do you want to buy my K&N drop in? $30.
THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN, MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT AND DO CAI AS WELL , AND NOT BUTCHER EVERYTHING UP
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM

we should have airbox modded that pig last night. lol

seriously though.. Its easy.. and dooo it. I will even supervise u, if u are having doubts.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ
Personally not interested in doing that.
We all have different experience with cars, as well as different experience at the track.
Besides, the track is suposed to be a place we can all go do have fun. No sense in cluttering it up with competition.
OK cool, just thought it might be fun.

Originally Posted by jeffryss
THANKS FOR THE INFO MAN, MAYBE I'LL JUST WAIT AND DO CAI AS WELL , AND NOT BUTCHER EVERYTHING UP
Well, if you order AEM part#21-2110DK (3.25") you can get one that fits in the stock airbox, and you just leave the bottom cover off and drill a little hole in the side of the airbox so you can tighten the hose clamp that comes with it. That's just one way of doing it, as ssnipes says - but not much hacking involved in that approach.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by thought
OK cool, just thought it might be fun.

Well, if you order AEM part#21-2110DK (3.25") you can get one that fits in the stock airbox, and you just leave the bottom cover off and drill a little hole in the side of the airbox so you can tighten the hose clamp that comes with it. That's just one way of doing it, as ssnipes says - but not much hacking involved in that approach.

K BUT HOW MUCH ? LIMITED FUNDS FOR THE MOMENT LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 02:17 PM

Brand new they are about 80 bucks after shipping

I just sold mine to WPG SS/SC or else u coulda had it.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by EuteR
Brand new they are about 80 bucks after shipping

I just sold mine to WPG SS/SC or else u coulda had it.
IS THE AEM JUST A FILTER ? AND DOES IT JUST GO IN PLACE OF THE OEM FILTER?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM

ya.. the aem is a 3.25" filter..

If u get a 3" filter from wherever, you are going to have to do some trimming, which is what I did everytime, its a pain in the ass, but it works fine. The filter for that is about 25 bucks.

U being tight for cash, should maybe try the part source one. Just be carefull which one you get.. Some of the filters cannot be trimmed (learned that the hard way)
Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM

does anyone know ho much a new 02 sensor for the exhaust will be or have any friend that works for gm that can put it as a warranty problem since im still under 60 k's even though i have a different resonator and muffler?? found out my 02 sensor is going ah wall...
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by hispano1
does anyone know ho much a new 02 sensor for the exhaust will be or have any friend that works for gm that can put it as a warranty problem since im still under 60 k's even though i have a different resonator and muffler?? found out my 02 sensor is going ah wall...
don't know about that, but I think there is a thread around here where a parts guy will give you the P/N and price. I think it's called "help from the parts dept" or something similar

I posted this before, maybe that helps you Jeff:

MOPAC
1-866-366-6722

21-2110DK AEM filter (For Airbox Mod)
$50.24 Price
$63.85 Shipped Total (Calgary to Winnipeg)

Last edited by thought; 07-18-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by thought
don't know about that, but I think there is a thread around here where a parts guy will give you the P/N and price. I think it's called "help from the parts dept" or something similar

I posted this before, maybe that helps you Jeff:

MOPAC
1-866-366-6722

21-2110DK AEM filter (For Airbox Mod)
$50.24 Price
$63.85 Shipped Total (Calgary to Winnipeg)
THINAKS EVERYONE, THINKING ABOUT IT AND JUST GOING TO WAIT AND DO CAI WHEN I GET SOME CASH LOL

" Thanks " Lol

Jaun , What Year Is Your Car And Exact Mileage?

Last edited by jefferyss; 07-18-2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM

2005 cobalt ss/sc and mileage is 57226 kms right now parked @ my work before i go to bk for whopper day...what can you do jeffry...call me if u can figure anything out..thanks...

got this from winnipegheights forum if some of ya'll don't go on there but im in for this day...

3rd Annual Sport Compact Day !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a name for the GM's at Gimli

For the last 2 years we put together a Sport Compact day at Gimli and it seems to be a growing success. Last year we had over 50 cars come out for this event and it was a great time!!

Some of us get together at the Tim's on McPhillips the morning of and then head out from there to the track. It is always a fun ride out!

Just like last year, if you put your name on the list (found in the Drag Strip forum) you will get a discount at the gate. You will receive $5.00 off your entrance fee, $40-$5 = $35!!

This race day is geared toward Sport Compact cars but not limited to Sport Compact cars. If you have a fast street car and want to give the Compacts a run, put your name on the list, bring your car out, and we can make a battle out of this!!

This is the perfect opportunity for all you guy/gals that want duke it out with your friends or enemys, legally and safely at the track! This is straight up, heads up racing!!

***AUGUST 25, 2007 Street/Sport Compact Car Shootout***

**IMPORTANT** - IF you put your name on the list confirming that you will come out for this event, you will get a discount. SO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST!!!

Even if you don’t have a car to race you should still come out to the track and check out all of the great racing.

Here is a video of some highlights from last year (new video that actually shows times ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbO6nPC_G_Q

Last edited by hispano1; 07-18-2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Jaun , Call Me A.s.a.p .!

You Owe Me Kidd, I Need All Your Info Tonight , I Should Have A New One Tomorrow . I Can Help You Install It As Well

Last edited by jefferyss; 07-18-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 PM

hopefully jeffryss, today gave you a better idea of what it looks like after showing you my stock intake....on another note, are people going to be goin out on augst 15th to the strip??
and pablo, are you doing that sport compact drag show on august 25? and is there anyone else interested other then me..
Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 AM

I'm all in as long as I don't work - for as many track days as I can
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 AM

I will be there for sure, should be 3 other SRT-4's out there that I know of, a mildly modded stage 2, and two seni stock ones, should be a fun day, last year was a great turn out.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 AM

do u know that orange srt4's owner that has side exhaust under the driver passenger door that sounds very raspy?? any srt4's that are stage 3 yet or just stage 2 basically?

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2007