Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07SSG1RL
yah im really interested!! how much $$ are we talking for this?? get me all the details cuz i really wanna get this done kinda soon!!! thanks so much!!

and i apologize to everyone for last night LOL ****** ryan, i mean richard :P
Originally Posted by MaJ
Yeah, me as well. I really want to get a starter for this winter since I'll be winter driving the beast again.

ROFL!
OK, I know the price is in the $500s for the top of the line model, including install. It is the type with a picture of a car on it and it let's you know where on the car the alarm is going off, etc. It includes manual tranny package, GM interface package etc. They said the extras are included with a group of us. Three is a group, right? LOL I'll get a price for us this week, and then it should be a go (unless some ppl want to wait for funds).
Group Buy for Orion Paging Alarm/Starter:
1)Thought
2)SS-Girl
3)Maj
4) Feel Free to Jump in on it y'all (But I think Jeff may stray from this one, lol.)

Now for the extremely long post with pics! Dundun-da-dunnnnnn!

OK, so I ordered another AEM drop-in filter for the airbox mod, so that I could replace mine and clean the old one at my leisure and not be stuck waiting for it to dry. Man, was I IMPRESSED with the way the filter held up! I bought the car in November, have 27,XXX Kms on it since then and about half of that is with the AEM on there. Many of those kilometers have been on shitty back-road gravel (where my cabin is), through many storms. Below are some pics to show exactly why I am amazed. Although I think some of it might have to do with my setup. I have left the bottom of the airbox off, but I have left the sides intact, protecting it somewhat:

Old/New Side by Side(freshly pulled from the airbox)

New Filter, INSIDE...

OLD Filter, INSIDE!!!

All I can say is "what a relief!!!" Especially after the horror stories I have been hearing, I was worried sick! Although this does show that I can't use that an an excuse at the track, LOL

And also, for those of you, like me, who are pondering engine mounts / ingalls etc to fight wheel hop, here is something that really made me think:
Stock Rubber Front Tranny Mount...

Can you say useless? wow.... No WONDER that vendor on here selling motor mounts won't warranty them unless you buy the tranny mounts as well!

And 1 MORE thing! OMG this shocked me too! So you know how our stereo distorts when we crank it? Popped by Juan's work to check out his new deck, and at volume "04" it is louder than mine at 3/4 max! Those Pioneer speakers are KICAKSS that we have but the GM deck/amp is t3h crapness! So if you like music, change that deck! OMG the speakers were sooooooooo loud and soooooo clear!!!! CLEAR!!!! ah!!! I am sooooo saving for a deck now!!!

Last edited by thought; 09-08-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 PM

So just changing the deck alone will make better sound quality with our speakers?? what about base, all I am wanting to do is to pump out more base.

Also, I know this is late notice, but just wondering if anyone is around and interested in seeing the movie "Shoot Em Up" later tonight at 10pm at St.Vital Silver City, it is kinda a last min thing almost since its not much time, but if ppl are interested in going, just respond back and set up a time to meet up to see it or something

Last edited by ChiGoku; 09-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dayn
The typhoon intake is insane richard. reving in neutral doesn't do it justice. the whole system sounds AMAZING when driving.

If you need a visual of how amazing the intake is maybe wes will post a picture that says it all.
One cobalt SS/SC - 23,000 to 27,000.
One GMS2 performance package - $800
One K&N Typhoon intake - $250

Smoking every mustang and fairlady on my block? - PRICELESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

that is one awesome picture

EDIT: Dane- my wife Julie called. she is out with friends and her friends saw your picture on her camera. A few questions later and now they want you to drop by Wasabi (spelling?) on Broadway. Her friends think your cute. they dont know about the car or typhoon yet so I sure when they do there is a slam dunk for you!

Im going to rape your typhoon intake....how do you like me now???? BIOTCH!!!!!

BITCHES AND HOES
OH ****. another cheap ass ebayer left out of the loop and gets no action. Its Shiny yet dull?!
Well here it is, it works, I dont know that it is as good as a typhoon but it is alot louder than stock. I maybe out tonight if you want to check it out.

Filter is for sale. it looks really good. I thought of keeping it and do the same as Thought. clean one and put another in its place right away.

Listen to me rip down sturgeon...10 minutes....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....BIOTCH
OOOh plays rough!?

Originally Posted by MaJ
I'm kind of upset he didn't post that picture yet....
I thought I was to email it to you Maj. well it is posted now.

Originally Posted by thought
I WILL GIVE FREE DRINKS (sound desperate? LOL)
I live basically across the street from Tamara, and you can call me at 952-1279 or MSN chat@thoughtspot.ca if you are in.
Ah man I was just there stalking Tamara. I didn't know you were so close I could have taken a 15 minute break!

Now for the extremely long post with pics! Dundun-da-dunnnnnn!

OK, so I ordered another AEM drop-in filter for the airbox mod, so that I could replace mine and clean the old one at my leisure and not be stuck waiting for it to dry. Man, was I IMPRESSED with the way the filter held up! And also, for those of you, like me, who are pondering engine mounts / ingalls etc to fight wheel hop, here is something that really made me think:
Stock Rubber Front Tranny Mount...

Can you say useless? wow.... No WONDER that vendor on here selling motor mounts won't warranty them unless you buy the tranny mounts as well!

And 1 MORE thing! OMG this shocked me too! So you know how our stereo distorts when we crank it? Popped by Juan's work to check out his new deck, and at volume "04" it is louder than mine at 3/4 max! Those Pioneer speakers are KICAKSS that we have but the GM deck/amp is t3h crapness! So if you like music, change that deck! OMG the speakers were sooooooooo loud and soooooo clear!!!! CLEAR!!!! ah!!! I am sooooo saving for a deck now!!!
1. AEM drop in filter. That is not considered a dropin filter. you have to modify it to work on the cobalt. Drop in filter is only made by K&N to my knowledge and refers to a reusable filter that is designed to the exact physical specifications as stock so you take out your old filter and literally drop-in the aftermarket replacement. Correct me if I am wrong but you cant just drop in the AEM. you have to tighten a clamp and it was not designed to be held on with the bottom cap. What you have there is a Universal cone filter. Sorry to be technical about it but I thought you would want to know.
2. that front tranny mount is a joke. LOL yeah a poly mount would do wonders. have you heard of anyone complaining about vibrations with the aftermarket poly mounts.
3. Juan's stereo. yeah it is amazing. get that and dynomat the car and say "FINI !!". I was impressed.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 09-08-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by ssnipes
that is one awesome picture
Haha! Totally! It looks like he's having as much fun as he can with pants on! But then we can't SEE his pants in that shot...
1. AEM drop in filter. That is not considered a dropin filter.
Yeah, I know it's not reeeally a drop-in filter. I just was lazy and forgot what I should have typed was something more like "direct fit clamp on no airbox cutting needed or ky jelly to get it to fit" filter I'll watch what I say now that I know Wes is a-watchin!

And Chigoku - oh YES the bass is louder, cause the sub is getting better signal and more power. It's just BEAUTIFUL. It sounds like......like an audiophile's car. Loud and clear components, perfectly aimed speakers, nicely complimenting woofer. It's amazing. It's like a $1000 upgrade in sound-ness (my word! I made it up!) for way less. Hell, if I worked on the Pioneer team that designed those speakers, I would be PISSED at the dirty power/signal GM went with with their like AC Delco radio!

have you heard of anyone complaining about vibrations with the aftermarket poly mounts.
Almost forgot to reply to this part.....well I have heard conflicting information, which just makes me want to wait longer, lol. I think it is a matter of taste because what some guys described as "noisy" "annoying" others have described as "race-car-like" "firmer and beefier feel and sound" etc. But I hear the most vibes are at idle. So I guess there are more vibes to live with, but I have no idea how severe they are. Not quite sure if it is worth the tradeoff just for a few track days every year.....Please chime in with your opinion(s) on the matter cause I'm still up in the air about the whole idea of mount replacements.

Last edited by thought; 09-08-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Banned

Yeah, I know it's not reeeally a drop-in filter. I just was lazy and forgot what I should have typed was something more like "direct fit clamp on no airbox cutting needed or ky jelly to get it to fit" filter I'll watch what I say now that I know Wes is a-watchin!

And Chigoku - oh YES the bass is louder, cause the sub is getting better signal and more power. It's just BEAUTIFUL. It sounds like......like an audiophile's car. Loud and clear components, perfectly aimed speakers, nicely complimenting woofer. It's amazing. It's like a $1000 upgrade in sound-ness (my word! I made it up!) for way less. Hell, if I worked on the Pioneer team that designed those speakers, I would be PISSED at the dirty power/signal GM went with with their like AC Delco radio!

Almost forgot to reply to this part.....well I have heard conflicting information, which just makes me want to wait longer, lol. I think it is a matter of taste because what some guys described as "noisy" "annoying" others have described as "race-car-like" "firmer and beefier feel and sound" etc. But I hear the most vibes are at idle. So I guess there are more vibes to live with, but I have no idea how severe they are. Not quite sure if it is worth the tradeoff just for a few track days every year.....Please chime in with your opinion(s) on the matter cause I'm still up in the air about the whole idea of mount replacements.

Well I didnt want to come across as being knit picky or being the AIR RAID police or something. sorry I will shut up.

Yeah I was amazed at the THD like sound in Juan's car. I am going to get a major head unit upgrade oneday.

Yeah those mounts concern me. I wish there was something middle of the road. Guess that will be worried about when I destroy it.

side note I didnt go out tonite. Julie was away too long. too bad I wanted to hear my SC. I did some runs earlier today and compared them to runs with stock intake. I went from 15.5 lbs max boost to 17.5. car just pulls. MAF tuned helped out even more I feel. car idles nice now and you name the PE AFR Ratio you want just plug in the appropriate number and you get it. amazing. I think there is more to do with the car.

just to name a few tuning I want to do.
1. ve tune just a bit more
2. PE tune with 2.8 in other PE with part throttle
3. Tune for 2.6!!
4. Going to spark tune with other gases to see if there is better than coop. going to try Gasahol and Shell Premium. any other favorite gas products?
should do it.

I need an additional HE. anyone know any SVT cobra owners in the peg?

3" exhaust goes in on monday!!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 AM

post less i dont like reading long posts

speaking of SVT yes there is a silver one i always see for sale at the car wash...30'gs and its urs
Old 09-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ProjektCobalt

speaking of SVT yes there is a silver one i always see for sale at the car wash...30'gs and its urs
change the channel or learn to read. I dont want a SVT. I want a HE from one. HE = Heat Exchanger.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:09 AM

lazy kids these days haha
Old 09-09-2007, 01:41 AM

change the channel or learn to read
Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 AM

change the channel or learn to read. I dont want a SVT. I want a HE from one. HE = Heat Exchanger.
i dont take time to read long posts..i could be educating my self with a book insted..
Old 09-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Banned

i dont take time to read long posts..i could be educating my self with a book insted..
if you dont read it then dont respond to it. makes life that much easier for you.

(i made that as short as possible to accomodate your short attention span... )
Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
MaJ

Maybe you should work on that... :P
Old 09-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

if you dont read it then dont respond to it. makes life that much easier for you.

(i made that as short as possible to accomodate your short attention span... )
Originally Posted by MaJ
Maybe you should work on that... :P

Ahhhh JP. were just bugging you! WE still love you even if Phonics didnt work for ya!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:14 PM

Ahhhh JP. were just bugging you! WE still love you even if Phonics didnt work for ya!
i want my money back
Old 09-09-2007, 12:24 PM

anyone goung for a drive tonight?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kennyspec
anyone goung for a drive tonight?
I am working. and have to get up early for 3" exhaust install.....LOL
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 PM

I work till 7pm tonight, I know andrew says he'll be there at 8pm at a&w, anyone going earlier that that? so it can still be light out for cruise night
Old 09-09-2007, 01:09 PM

well im out at 11:30.....i imagine you will all be long gone by then, so leave a few mustangs alone for me,will ya?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM

i am going for 8.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Yeah ill be out at around 8ish too...depending on if im still able to drive after the bomber game. GO BOMERS!!!!!

PS Dane remember that CD...thanks bud
Old 09-09-2007, 06:51 PM

im leaving here at around 6:30..gotta hit it up around 7 so i can still see the pretty girls out :P
Old 09-09-2007, 07:00 PM

NAH NAH NAH NAH HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE hillbillies....GO BOMBERS GO!!!!

On another positive note....just bought a Typhoon and Ingalls from someone on the site...and also met a guy this morning at a car show with a silver stage 2 ss that might come out tonight.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM

im leaving here at around 6:30..gotta hit it up around 7 so i can still see the pretty girls out :P

I'll meet up with you since I work like 15 mins from the a&w, so I'll come out early also.. kinda wanted to shave first but oh well, I'll meet you there j&p, I'll be your wingman
Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ChiGoku
I'll meet up with you since I work like 15 mins from the a&w, so I'll come out early also.. kinda wanted to shave first but oh well, I'll meet you there j&p, I'll be your wingman
Sounds like a plan!
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM

I've decided to work until 11..............

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2007