Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Best Place Saskatoon

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best Place Saskatoon

Just wondering if anyone can give a heads up for places to look or buy from for any particular reason. Ive browsed tirerack, but would be interested in just grabbing in the city.

Im looking for winter tires that will go on the stock rims.

Also im not sure it matters but is there any reason I shouldn't use the stock rims (if I plan to get ultraleggeras in the summer).

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cranemaster
Just wondering if anyone can give a heads up for places to look or buy from for any particular reason. Ive browsed tirerack, but would be interested in just grabbing in the city.

Also im not sure it matters but is there any reason I shouldn't use the stock rims (if I plan to get ultraleggeras in the summer).

Thanks!
I work for Les Schwab so I can pretty much tell you what you need to know. As far as your stock rims....you can pretty much put any kind of tire on there that is within the recommended tire size and that doesnt rub. As far as where to buy your tires....i would say that Tire Rack would be your best bet....just because i have no prior knowledge of where you are and whats around you. hell for all i knew Saskaton sounded like a god damn chewing tabacco.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Do_WorkSS
I work for Les Schwab so I can pretty much tell you what you need to know. As far as your stock rims....you can pretty much put any kind of tire on there that is within the recommended tire size and that doesnt rub. As far as where to buy your tires....i would say that Tire Rack would be your best bet....just because i have no prior knowledge of where you are and whats around you. hell for all i knew Saskaton sounded like a god damn chewing tabacco.
Haha Canada for the win! Im one of few 2010 cobalts around the city.. the only victory red one ive seen
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Check out SaskDeltas - Index page
We have lots of guys willing to help on there. We use it slightly more then this site.
And i have bad news, i know of three Vic Red Cobalt's in stoon, just all 05-07 SS SC's though.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 AM

Thanks!
I've always heard that the salt/ice melt or whatever that they put on the roads in the winter eats up aluminum/allow rims. Whether this is just a big scam to get people to buy a second set of rims/tires or not... I decided I didn't want to chance it and ordered 4 steel rims and 4 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 from Kal-Tire.

I used to recommend Bridgestone Blizzak's when I worked at Sears but they don't seem to be quite as good as they used to be and are still pretty expensive. The Nokian Hakapeliita was reviewed favorably but was more expensive than my Michelin's.

Originally Posted by Do_WorkSS
I work for Les Schwab so I can pretty much tell you what you need to know. just because i have no prior knowledge of where you are and whats around you.

Think North/South Dakota, Eastern Montana or maybe even Kansas during the winter. Cold, windy and snowy just about on a daily basis.
Also, props to Les Schwab. I had my Enkei RS-6's and Toyo Proxes FZ4's put on six or so years ago. I wish tire companies siped the tires here like they did there.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by CrashMurphy
Also, props to Les Schwab. I had my Enkei RS-6's and Toyo Proxes FZ4's put on six or so years ago. I wish tire companies siped the tires here like they did there.
Well many thanx. we're selling siping like a son of a bitch right now because its starting to rain. hella people are getting paranoid thinking their tires wont hook up.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:50 AM

Haha Canada for the win! Im one of few 2010 cobalts around the city.. the only victory red one ive seen
I had the first tc vic red in calgary july 08. I bought a set of pirelli snowsports, they r a performance tire and a snow tire. this will b my third winter using them and i have no complaints, when its nice out i can still rip it up, and when theres so much snow ur lower lip is 'plowing' it these tires will get u through it all, i even rock the mountain trips with em. little more expensive then just a winter tire, these r amazing. I purchased mine from tire rack. its one of the few brands that carry our size in snow and performance. i run the stock 18's for winter, they will get chewed from the rocks but u cant really see them from affar, just when ur detailing.

hope that helps