Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Big Alberta Meet - Feeler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calgary is 9 hours for me, Red Deer is 6 hours & Drumheller is about 8 hours according to my peoples.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM

This is exactly why I don't try and oganise something of this magnitude. TO MUCH ARGUING!!!!

Lets face it you can never make everyone happy with these type of things. One person does not like location, another can't make it that day...etc.

lets pick a happy medium and go with that. Or..Or, maybe...plan two separate meets so that everyone can partisipate(sp) and those that want to go to both can go. I know that I like driving my car anywhere and distance does not matter if I'm up to it.

**** last summer I drove out to a rock fest at the last minute at 1:00 AM so that I could meet the fairy at 6:00AM to go hange with my buds that were already there and that was a 7 hour drive by the time I got to Nikusp BC.

Cheers guys
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM

I agree that everyone cannot be pleased, and yes, some people will be left out. Looks like Red Deer or Edmonton would be the middle point to me.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM

ok you know what, if this is the way things are gonna be at a meet, i wont even go, jeez all the freakin drama......... people really need to grow up.......................
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
This is exactly why I don't try and oganise something of this magnitude. TO MUCH ARGUING!!!!

Lets face it you can never make everyone happy with these type of things. One person does not like location, another can't make it that day...etc.

lets pick a happy medium and go with that. Or..Or, maybe...plan two separate meets so that everyone can partisipate(sp) and those that want to go to both can go. I know that I like driving my car anywhere and distance does not matter if I'm up to it.

**** last summer I drove out to a rock fest at the last minute at 1:00 AM so that I could meet the fairy at 6:00AM to go hange with my buds that were already there and that was a 7 hour drive by the time I got to Nikusp BC.

Cheers guys
GREAT point. And I said that already in that not everyone is going to like it and it sucks.....but that did not seem to matter.

Originally Posted by saunders1986
ok you know what, if this is the way things are gonna be at a meet, i wont even go, jeez all the freakin drama......... people really need to grow up.......................
Saunders.......I agree completely.

Last edited by DoubleLP; 02-12-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleLP
Well I am clearing my hands of this........so do what you want.
if your going to put your hand up to organise large amounts of people, you better get used to compromising, and listening.

dont bail on people who have listened to you so far just because others had suggestions on how to make the meet better.
dont step away from this and try and pretend it was other peoples fault.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 PM

We can not keep moving the location from Drumheller, to Red Deer, to Edmonton. People want a set location and date so that they can organize what they need to to get there. Hence why I picked the place and time.

I will stay with this.......but I dont want to hear anymore complaining. If you dont like it.....dont come.....simple.

I have no problem compromising........but at the same time I am sticking to my guns with giving us a unique meet.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy

Cheers guys
agreed. but you have to start with a happy medium.

I just thought maybe, the "western canada mega meet" would try and please as many people as possible
not give the best place for a photo.
look at the first few pages id hardly call 3 people saying "yay drum" and about 5 people saying no...would be a happy medium for
"the western canada mega meet"

We can not keep moving the location from Drumheller, to Red Deer, to Edmonton. People want a set location and date so that they can organize what they need to to get there. Hence why I picked the place and time.

I will stay with this.......but I dont want to hear anymore complaining. If you dont like it.....dont come.....simple.

I have no problem compromising........but at the same time I am sticking to my guns with giving us a unique meet.
and if you dont like people suggesting things, you shouldnt try to lead.

dont take things personally. and dont freak out at people if they think things would work better another way.

Last edited by an0malous; 02-12-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM

I do agree also with Anom and Black ss tough. If you want to have one big meet that can include BC, Alberta and Sask then the best middle point would be Red Deer. Not nessesseraly in Red Deer but somewhere close by so that it is central. But if we want to have a Drum meet then you it may only include the southern aAlberta folks on that one. I personnaly know of several good spots in drum. Now if we are thinking of planning a northern meet then yes maybe somewhere like Jasper would seem Ideal.

So let's stop the fighting and badgering and come to a aultermatum (sp) sorry I'm tired so my brain/hand/eye coordination sucks right now. haha

cheers guys
Old 02-12-2008, 06:31 PM

I agree with an0malous, I may have missed some posts but I didn't see where the Edmonton and more Northern AB people agreed on going that far South. I don't want to argue and really don't want to have a meet if no one listens or compromises. That's why I though Red Deer would be a good idea but hey, WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 PM

And keep the suggestions coming......but the location is set....so is the date. We just have to figure out the smaller details now.

The big meet last year was in the Red Deer area last year. Anyone remember the Sylvan Lake incident of 2007??

That is another reason I chose this spot because it is far away from there and a unique place to have a meet.

Last edited by DoubleLP; 02-12-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I cant find the date?????? When is it.?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 PM

so the people in edmonton are willing to drive to calgary, but now drumheller? am i getting this right? and from the looks of it, there will be at least 4 or 5 from saskatchewan willing to make the 5 hour drive? is the gas money too much for some of you?

Originally Posted by Rippin07
Okay, I cant find the date?????? When is it.?
june 28 there is a sticky about it

Last edited by supa_chgd_07; 02-12-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM

And keep the suggestions coming......but the location is set....so is the date. We just have to figure out the smaller details now.

The big meet last year was in the Red Deer area last year. Anyone remember the Sylvan Lake incident of 2007??

That is another reason I chose this spot because it is far away from there and a unique place to have a meet.
how can i forget... thats the day i had to peel my tint
Old 02-12-2008, 07:08 PM

yeah. i cant afford the gas money mommy wont let me borrow that much
just forget about it.

I guess making it as easy as possible for EVERYONE just isnt in our vocabulary.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Not even going to say it.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:17 PM

hahaha you guys are funny. june is still like 4 1/2 months away
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM

......but the location is set....so is the date.

Keep your mind open Double, don't close the door on locations. Having 15 able to go or 30 is a big difference. I don't personally care as anywhere for a meet is pretty much 3 hours(+). Drum, Calgary, Red Deer (I like this choice due to my daughter is there and a place to stay lol ) Camp, hotel whatever, but a Mega meet needs mega attendance.

Whatever its been 2 days and its 4 months away, I appreciate your initiative and resolve for the meet, and will come regardless, but try to be flexable. People want to come to your meet, don't definitively cancel them out so early on.

well thats all i wanted to say.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM

how about Rocky Mountian house? pretty much the same distance for the guys in saskatoon then it would be to go to drumheller.. and its almost dead center between calgary and edmonton? anybody?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM

how about robson park in bc? jsut out side of jasper. they have huge groupe camping, I saty there every year, we can tent it out. lots of nice places for pictures and fun roads
Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 PM

lots of picture op's in bc
Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Being from Saskatoon, I personally don't care where it is. I would love to cruise through the mountains in a convoy, but a scenic place is a must for pictures. I ain't driving all that way for more flat prairies and potholes.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

^ hahahahaha good ol saskatchewan!

and personally i would LOVE to get a big meet somewhere in the mountains and cruise around there.. would be sick. I thought it might be a little far for some of you sask guys to drive all the way to the west side of Alberta tho
Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 PM

i dont care either for driving, but robson park is super nice, and for the calgary guys you get to cruise up the mountain highway which is super fun!!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 PM

would be alot further for the sask guys though....

Quick Reply: Big Alberta Meet - Feeler Thread