Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

EPIC FAIL Shaganappi Chevrolet stealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutly.
i hate doin things monday, ill call tomorrow see what i can do over the phone with them.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have monday's for 2 weeks straight! lol
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 PM

UPDATE
After being forced to go to the stealership in order to have them sign off on the canclation of my GMPP, i finally recieved a check. Of course according to my calculations they r attempting to rip me off by paying out my GMPP at 25% remaining (they calculate remaining KM and remaining time frame then take the lesser number and pay u that. According to my calculations its more around 75%.
Also they just send a check with no information regarding how they reached that number, how they calculated, which critiria/numbers were used to reach this total they feel is owed to me. Nope just a check attactched to a single sheet of paper with my policy number, VIN, date, cheque number.
But nothing as an actual receipt, VERY SUSPICIOUS in my book. U only do somthing shady like that if ur tring to pull some **** over on someone. Very professional. So now im filing another BBB complaint attempting to recover the remainder. As i said earlier my numbers show i am still owed more.
UGH
such champs these people

As per GMPP website FAQ
"Cancellation/Termination: You may cancel this Contract within sixty (60) days of the date purchased, and you will receive a full refund less an administration fee ($100 plus GST/HST and any applicable provincial tax). If you have made a claim during the first sixty (60) days, this Contract may be terminated as described in section below)."

GMPP Glossary on gm.ca
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I wish I could offer you some words of encouragement.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM

would make things allot easier if they sent a "reciept" breaking down their formula for calulation. Thanks bro i appriciate it!
BTW big guy, happy early bday hope its a gooder!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM

thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
This will b my rant i have made it as short as possible, true storey .

Info to others regarding an ongoing issue i have had to endure with my stealership, Shaganappi GM (Shaganappi GM 4720 Crowchild Trail N.W.
CALGARY, AB T3A 2N2).

-I bought my Turbo cobalt in July 2008 (first one in my city of Calgary).
-End of December 2008 my Turbalt was hit and ran while it was parked outside of my current residence at the time.
-Filed police report, filed with insurance, booked appointment with the BODYSHOP at Shaganappi GM, 3 months later vehicle went in for bodyrepairs (March 2009).
-I was quoted Two weeks for the work to be completed. Took a month and half.
-Returned with multiple 'waves' in the repair work, as well as small clusters of painted over dirt on the new repair. 3X times as long as quoted, returned with a **** rush job
-returned it to the body shop to repair the waves and multiple paint problems
-quoted a week, it took three.
-less than 1yr later moisture built up and started to bubble under the paint
-opened a complaint with GM cust care
-brought back to stealership so they could see it for themselves (bodyshop manager says to me 'gee you shoulda have brought it to us before u filed a complaint we woulda fixed it' I laughed at him "considering this is now the THIRD time in. Last time and this time I delt only with you, remember you already had it in for redos once" (funny how they lost the record of the redo.......hmmmmmm)
-booked another appoint for the 3rd redo to remove lumps of clear coat run off in jams from redo 2, and MORE dirt that was painted over, then cleared coated over.
-again quoted to drop off on monday and they would have back to me by thurs, fri the latest but i would have it for the long weekend (long weekend as the mon following the weekend was a stat holiday)
-was returned after the long weekend, at the end of the week on fri
-repainted and cleared, and of course new painted dust!!!! (I have a pic of the latest)
-this is where it gets good, while in thier possesion my vehicle was damaged (somone applied to much force to a locked door attempting to get out and broke the piece where the cable connects to the handle)
-they deny everything, and get this! wanted me to bring my car back to them so they could 'polish out' the painted over dust
-needless to say i did not and will not allow them to touch my ride again.
-GM Shaganappi BodyShop are all lip service, are these people employing unqualified people to paint and repair vehicles at a place that claims they will bring your vehicle back to "pre collision condition"? or what is the deal ? either way.......... PATHETIC!!
-GM Cust Serv was no assistance, was helpful at first until the redo was still faulty and now the stealership busted a cheap piece that is 50 bucks to replace. Now i get attitude like i have not been more than patient through this whole 3 year problem! Is it so difficult to do it right the first time? or redo it right the first redo? whats a matter with these people?
not to mention the tint the scratched the **** out of by removing the window to paint 3 times! wth! (they also deny this of course)

AVOID THIS STEALERSHIP AT ALL COST!!!!
they do not care about their workmanship whatsoever, let alone value your time as a human being.

That is all.
These are the best pics i could pull off, its very difficult to photograph these dust burrs that were painted over............ (paint looks like crap in pic, not so bad in real life, still not the greatest paint to begin with lol)

Pretty rough from a stealership bodyshop, you would expect better.
Again the swirls are hardly noticable, as are the many painted dust specs, these pics were shot close up and at an angle to help show them in these pics. was no easy feat.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks man!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:20 AM

Bought a new Corvette Z06 from **** and took it in for an oil change. The service advisor insisted that the tires needed to be rotated front to back.
You would think that the number one Corvette dealer in Calgary would know that you can't rotate the tires on a Corvette because they are directional and mine were 17 inch front and 18 inch rear.
To make him look stupid I said "Fine, go ahead and rotate them". When I picked up the car the advisor sheepishly said they couldn't rotate the tires. I said "No **** Sherlock".

The ABS pump went out on the Corvette and I took it there to have it replaced under warranty.
When I picked it up I looked under the hood and the entire engine and engine compartment was covered in brake fluid!
Furious, I had the service manager come and look at it. He was embarrassed and vowed to clean it up like new. I told him that if any paint came off anywhere they would have to pull the motor and repaint the engine and engine compartment.
When I came back to pick it up I looked under the hood and it was soaking wet and there were 2 soaking wet shop towels covered in brake fluid sitting on top of the fan shroud.
I lost it and pulled back into the service drive thru and threw the rags at the service manager and proceeded to do a massive burnout the length of the drive thru, never to return.

In grade ten, the present owner Gary's sister sat behind me in math class. She was in love with me and played with my super long hair from behind (1975). Had I known then that her father, Italo, was going to build the biggest GM dealership in the city I might have been able to get past her moustache.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:26 PM

wow...

Same old crap at that dealership.

I'm sorry to hear that they didn't take care of you the way you would have hoped.

From my experience, it comes down to the service advisor making sure everything is done right, and to your (their customer) satisfaction;
I had a great service writer at Jack Carter who went to bat for me a couple times...
I wonder if that has something to do with why he is no longer there... ??

There are shiessters at every dealership - JC is a great example of that too... the leasing manager is a major piece of crap... but there are often good eggs at the dealerships too.

For the last several years the only dealership service department which I have dealt with has been High Country Chevrolet (in High River) - the service manager is a top notch stand up guy, and even though one of the service writers is a d-bag, the rest of them all seem like good people.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:25 PM

When **** was a kid he got a new GM vehicle every year. First it was a Chevy shortbox 4X4, then it was a fully customized boogie van, then **** took in a 1967 Camaro convertible on trade. He really wanted it bad so they had the service dept completely redo the powertrain with a crate 427, transmission and rear diff. The bodyshop then spent weeks restoring the body and putting on a killer custom paintjob.
He soon tired of the 67 so they ordered a new Z-28 for him (1980 or so). One night he was working his job cleaning the floors in the shop when the car transport rolled in with a load of new vehicles.
He recognized his new Z-28 on board so he grabbed a dealer plate and took it for a drive. The next day my friend who worked in the bodyshop told me to come on down there to see ****'s new Z-28.
I said why should I come see it, it's a fire hydrant car, there's one on every block. He told me to get my ass down there.
I got there and inside the bodyshop were the remains of his Camaro. He had wrapped it around a tree on the U of C campus. I looked inside at the odometer. 42 kilometers on it!
The car was a write off and their insurance wouldn't cover it so somehow the bodyshop repaired it.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
That is a good point soundjunky. The dealership that screwed me with my porous block has an absolute a-hole for a service manager. The other Chevy dealership nearby is owned by the same company but I had a very good experience with them. I didn't talk to the manager, just the rep that helped me, but the attitude was much much better than the crap dealership.