Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia

Need help... Whinning/squeeking sound coming from front passenger

Old 06-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help... Whinning/squeeking sound coming from front passenger

Hey guys,

I have a weird whinning/squeaking sound in front of my 2010 TC I'm down 800$ and no change... It seems to be coming from the front passenger side. It makes the sound according to the wheel speed and not the engine speed... So lets say I'm going 25km/h drop it in neutral and let it slow down I can hear it following the wheel spinning speed...

**Replaced wheel bearings
**Replaced front rotors
**Replaced breaks

++axles are loose a bit and would need replacing before the end of the summer but my mechanic says he's positive it has nothing to do unless its the mid section bearing that's making the sound but he's doubtful, he's insisting on returning the wheel bearing we just put and order another one saying he could have gotten a defective one... But the EXACT same sound with 2 different bearings... I'm kind of doubtful but I'm not discarding the possibility that **** happens...

Here's a couple facts...

-It only start doing it after you've drove 30-40km and then it gets noisier the longer I drive.
-Don't hear anything while on the lift even with the mechanic stetoscope...
-Oiled/Greased everything that possibly could be in the front...
-Its not an "interior" type of sound its exterior and really high pitch and not sounding muffled like something encased.
-If I got 20km in the walmart partking the sound is reduced about 70% when I turn the wheel about 3/4 way on any side... And gets loud again when the wheels comes back toward the middle...

Anyone had something similar???
Old 06-12-2014, 04:30 PM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
struts? strut mounts? Tire noise?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JapEatr
struts? strut mounts? Tire noise?
Nope none of the above, its really a constant and steady squeek/whine just like a belt squealing almost but its not that we checked... It's consistent with the speed of the car and not the engine RPM. Like I go 40km/h put it in neutral and let it come to a stop and as the car slow down the noise diminish proportionally to the speed decrease...

I and 2 professional and certified mechanics just past 6 hours test driving, putting the car on the lift, test driving again to no avail we can't fine the source of that darn noise... And its really annoying...