Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Don't be surprised if you get a dirty message on your answering machine, ZZP...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by interviewatruins
Why should that matter? It shouldn't take more than one email or one call.
truff right there... if a company like zzp that makes so many good products would just work on their communication, it would benefit them a lot... im not sure why they dont work on that.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Premium Member

I'm not trying to say that one attempt isn't enough, I was just curious
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM

Like others have said, I've personally never had a problem with them. Every time I order i get everything the next day. But like others as well, I'm just small amounts of money.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
no excuse for bad customer service when dealing with products like that.

Take a company like VVME they were once of the first to have cheap hid kits, and there customer service despite being the worst english ive ever read was spot on less than 12 hrs.

Another company that used to have awful CS was Trubenz but that was years ago not sure if they have changed.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM

They should let me handle their customer service. I handle legislative inquiries and pissed off people all day long trying to circumvent the law or complaining because they don't have the correct documentation but want to bypass federal law....

Dealing with orders and responding to emails/PM's is easy as 1,2,3.

I love ZZP's parts, i think they really need a dedicated person to handle their ordering/emails/status updates.

Although, and certainly not OP or anyone in general, this community can also be very needy and can ask lots of stupid questions for no reason at all. So far i have had great responses from them when i had technical questions over turbo upgrades and have not had any order problems thus far with my parts.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM

Dam man that's alot of money I'd be sending you season greetings every oppurtunity I had if I were them! I'm def not spending that much but I am just starting to deal with them and I ordered a part on Sunday online and it still hasn't been sent out I asked Shane to look into it and haven't heArd back...... My point is customer service is everything! And like ford said it really isint that hard !
Old 03-21-2012, 05:24 PM

I had a problem with teh Axles that I bought from them

Product; great. I got both axles and they were shipped in a timely matter...it's when I tried to get the passenger side out. (the one with the intermidiate shaft) That I ran into problems. I had to work the next couple of days. So leaving the car on the lift was going to cost more than I wanted to pay. I called ZZP at 3pm eastern time. So I know it wasn't an absurde hour. No matter what avenue I took on their automated recorder I couldn't speak to a live person. It took them over a day to get back with me. Their response was "it should just slide right out".
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ford
They should let me handle their customer service. I handle legislative inquiries and pissed off people all day long trying to circumvent the law or complaining because they don't have the correct documentation but want to bypass federal law....

Dealing with orders and responding to emails/PM's is easy as 1,2,3.

I love ZZP's parts, i think they really need a dedicated person to handle their ordering/emails/status updates.

Although, and certainly not OP or anyone in general, this community can also be very needy and can ask lots of stupid questions for no reason at all. So far i have had great responses from them when i had technical questions over turbo upgrades and have not had any order problems thus far with my parts.
i agree. i work for apple and handle logistics, repairs and and major collateral issues between major iphone carriers in latin america. these carriers don't wait and need answers now. i know what being impatient is like. but if its one thing I know its that quick, correct, polite & precise service is key to keeping these major telephone carriers happy. it's not hard at all. especially if they hire someone sweet like gloria from powell.

a person running a business should want to treat customers so well that they turn customers into repeat purchasers for life.
it's not just about the current transaction.....but the total experience. that is what keeps customers.

Last edited by ei3dag3; 03-21-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I ordered 2 parts from zpp and they came in a timely manner and I had no problems. I hope it aint like this when the efr comes out.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol, still no post from ZZP. They must be on spring break....
Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by alerosaint
I ordered 2 parts from zpp and they came in a timely manner and I had no problems. I hope it aint like this when the efr comes out.
My intercooler, flywheel, and valve springs came quickly. But the issue is I was told 2 weeks by Zoomer is when this engine would be shipped out when I ordered it. Its been thus far double that and I haven't gotten any updates from anyone. It would be different if they flat out told me "We're sorry man, we are really backed up right now on built engines and will be shipping yours out as soon as possible".
Old 03-21-2012, 06:19 PM

For the doubters...
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles with ZZP . I have ordered a ton of stuff from them and only had one problem which they quickly handled.
I know is has been too long with little to no contact, but i am sure they will make good on everything
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

:click:
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM

in for ZZPs exusse into why this is exceptable and how this guys is lying and how they are gods like always
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
For the doubters...

The only thing im doubting is that shipping price!!! OTTP charged me more for a god damn spacer!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 PM

ive had similar experiences with zzp too. i ordered the 2.2 stage 2 turbo kit on black friday 2010. i ended up spending around 3000 with zzp. i tried sooooo many times by phone and never once heard a voice. i emailed them and they were good about that. it took them a month to get my kit out and the DP didnt have a welded bung and it was missing the oil feed fitting. they shipped out the oil feed fitting no problem but it was just a hassle to contact them. good products and all but they definitely need to work on their customer service...
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM

i never had a problem with zzp but then again i nevr spend more then 250 with them and i email them with a question it took just 1 hour for them to respond but my friend order a transmission and same thing happen with him no response to his call or emails.... and damm that shippin in low i bought a gauge pod from them and the shippin was more
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ford
The only thing im doubting is that shipping price!!! OTTP charged me more for a god damn spacer!
No, shipping is $300. Its included in the engine price. Thats just for the arp head studs ordered as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
wow man that sucks! hopefully it gets resolved OR you get your money back.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cuuuuhhhhhhhhllllliiiiiiiiccccccccckkkkkkkk
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Dirty message was left, Steve called today from ZZP and said it would be here Friday of next week and he'd inform me if there was a hiccup. He also said he left several emails and that they went to my junk mail folder for my hotmail....funny since I just checked my junk and had nothing from ZZP, but nonetheless they said they're shipping it next week!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:59 PM

Glad it finally got worked out, thats a big chunk to be gambling with. Post pictures when it all arrives!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Dirty message was left, Steve called today from ZZP and said it would be here Friday of next week and he'd inform me if there was a hiccup. He also said he left several emails and that they went to my junk mail folder for my hotmail....funny since I just checked my junk and had nothing from ZZP, but nonetheless they said they're shipping it next week!
So basically we need a lawyer to call and threaten them in order to get a response? Hogwash.... I have never purchased a thing from them and THIS is why. Lots of threads/messages like this here about their customer service.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Customer service does need some improvement but their parts are top notch. I get frustrated when I can't get ahold of them but when it comes down to it I still buy my parts from them. When it comes time to get a head/turbo kit and sleeved block they will be who I go to because they have proven their work.

Quick Reply: Don't be surprised if you get a dirty message on your answering machine, ZZP...