Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Don't be surprised if you get a dirty message on your answering machine, ZZP...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all my question were anwsered today and i was informed yesterday about what the status was of my parts so all is good thx guys apprecate you guys taking the time to anwser all are nn sense questions
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
There's a lot to respond here. I'll start with the OP's situation.

The engine has taken a lot longer to build than we had anticipated. We have one engine builder and he's EXTREMELY backed up. In that sense, we're a victim of our own success. We are selling an engine or a transmission nearly daily. Thousands of other parts. It's been tough to keep up. Overall as the owner, I feel we're doing an excellent job. However, in the case of this motor, our communication hasn't been good.

I saw two emails from the OP and FWD them to Henry. After hours I spoke with Henry and he said 'there's nothing to tell the customer so I couldn't reply. Todd isn't done with the engine'.
I get very frustrated with my employees when this happens because 'nothing' is never a good answer. A customer always needs to be told what's going on. Furthermore, I have told my employees 10,000 times 'if you aren't going to respond or do anything, tell me so I can handle it. Otherwise I'm assuming you're responding'.

I can say that Steve did send out the emails. 7 IIRC and when he received a phone call, he was told that no one has replied to any emails. Some of his emails were just to say 'are you getting my email?' and there was no reply.

Anyway, the engine is being worked on as fast as humanly possible. I apologize for the long wait. I know when you spend money, you want fast service. In the future, you can always email me directly at zooomer@aol.com and say 'no one is answering my emails.

------------------------
To respond to the rest of what's in this thread:

-People who are talking about lawyers, suing, credit card chargebacks, and so on....
Why? You act like it takes a bunch of force to get a refund or your money back. You know a few effective easier route? Ask to cancel your order. It's really that simple. Honestly it is. We are not OTT, we don't have BS restocking fees or fake tracking #'s. I have no idea why people talk about lawyers being involved when they could simple just ask for a refund. Do you do that with Best buy too? Problem with your purchase so you call your lawyer? No, you just go in and get a refund. ZZP is really that easy as well.

-ZZP is growing. In fact, we've grown for 11 out of 12 years in business. We're 34% up from 2011 and 11 was a record year. Every year is a record year. But growing is hard. It's not just a matter of hiring more people. We do, but part of why ZZP grows is the experience we create for the customer. Do you think you can just hire your way out of a customer service problem? There's a post where is guy is mad because he didn't get good advice on taking his axle out. Well, guess what? There are literally 10,000 things to know about a Cobalt. All you guys want to call 'the experts' but get mad if we hire someone who doesn't know an intricate detail about your car that you don't know!!! Then you get mad if our expert techs are too busy to answer your calls. Then gen mad if those techs who should be building your order (as engine above) are answering calls instead of building your parts. Get it? Think about it. It's really quite a simple problem with no simple solution.

-We have 27 employees currently. An office assistant was hired 1 week ago, engine builder assistant hired 2 weeks ago, Ecotec CSR hired 2 months ago, additional mechanic hired 3 months ago. We are growing but it takes YEARS for these new people to give the type of knowledge and service you guys are demanding. Our new CSR showed me this post. But he doesn't know what to say or how long the engine will take. He can't even read through the 100's of emails we get daily much less understand them all and answer.

-Do I need a tune when I relocate the MAF
-How much HP with XXX and XXX give me
-How much power will this hold
-how do I install this?
-will your part work with this other company's part?
-Do 255 tires fit w/o rubbing with your lowering springs
-what is the spring rate of your lowering springs
-do you have a tune for e47
-what's the spool difference from a 256 to a 259 turbo?
-can I change the injector size of a 5th injector
-how long is the top bolt that holds on the IC pump
-what thickness is your gasket on the phenolic spacer
-what diameter is your turbo coupler inside?
-What's the difference from these two plugs?
-what gap should I run for xxx
-how much for these 30 items shipped to Canada, ok. what if I don't want the downpipe. How long will it take to get here
-Can you change my order to red? (who are you?)

and hundreds more EVERY DAY! These are HARD emails to answer day after day. A new person has to go ask someone else. That other person then can't do their job. If ZZP wasn't growing, it would be easy. Then again, you'd be upset that we aren't adding the new products you're asking for. So we're doing the best we can and appreciate being #1. It ain't easy.
Yall have earned back my respect, I may purchase from yall again in the future now.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been a critic, so when I see something done right I should acknowledge that too.

Well put, Zoomer. Very well done.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 AM

Sounds like you guys may need to invest in some sort of CRM software if you haven't already!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love how one person has a problem, then 3 or 4 others come in and jump on the band wagon and start zzp bashing, then zoomer or someone else comes in and explains whats going on and everyone goes back to loving zzp again. it just tickles me how fast people turn against them and how fast they go right back to loving them. I personlly like to order from zzp most the time as I always get a good product and get it in a timely manner but I have an understanding that no one is perfect and mistakes happen so people sometimes need to just give it a lil time before you grab the pitch forks and go on a rampage.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vander Nars
I love how one person has a problem, then 3 or 4 others come in and jump on the band wagon and start zzp bashing, then zoomer or someone else comes in and explains whats going on and everyone goes back to loving zzp again. it just tickles me how fast people turn against them and how fast they go right back to loving them. I personlly like to order from zzp most the time as I always get a good product and get it in a timely manner but I have an understanding that no one is perfect and mistakes happen so people sometimes need to just give it a lil time before you grab the pitch forks and go on a rampage.
I never meant to bash zzp. If thats what I wanted then I would have started trash talking, but I kept everything truthful and sincere. But I guess you are talking about others.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 AM

So many lolz.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:40 AM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zooomer
There's a lot to respond here. I'll start with the OP's situation.

The engine has taken a lot longer to build than we had anticipated. We have one engine builder and he's EXTREMELY backed up. In that sense, we're a victim of our own success. We are selling an engine or a transmission nearly daily. Thousands of other parts. It's been tough to keep up. Overall as the owner, I feel we're doing an excellent job. However, in the case of this motor, our communication hasn't been good.

I saw two emails from the OP and FWD them to Henry. After hours I spoke with Henry and he said 'there's nothing to tell the customer so I couldn't reply. Todd isn't done with the engine'.
I get very frustrated with my employees when this happens because 'nothing' is never a good answer. A customer always needs to be told what's going on. Furthermore, I have told my employees 10,000 times 'if you aren't going to respond or do anything, tell me so I can handle it. Otherwise I'm assuming you're responding'.

I can say that Steve did send out the emails. 7 IIRC and when he received a phone call, he was told that no one has replied to any emails. Some of his emails were just to say 'are you getting my email?' and there was no reply.

Anyway, the engine is being worked on as fast as humanly possible. I apologize for the long wait. I know when you spend money, you want fast service. In the future, you can always email me directly at zooomer@aol.com and say 'no one is answering my emails.

------------------------
To respond to the rest of what's in this thread:

-People who are talking about lawyers, suing, credit card chargebacks, and so on....
Why? You act like it takes a bunch of force to get a refund or your money back. You know a few effective easier route? Ask to cancel your order. It's really that simple. Honestly it is. We are not OTT, we don't have BS restocking fees or fake tracking #'s. I have no idea why people talk about lawyers being involved when they could simple just ask for a refund. Do you do that with Best buy too? Problem with your purchase so you call your lawyer? No, you just go in and get a refund. ZZP is really that easy as well.

-ZZP is growing. In fact, we've grown for 11 out of 12 years in business. We're 34% up from 2011 and 11 was a record year. Every year is a record year. But growing is hard. It's not just a matter of hiring more people. We do, but part of why ZZP grows is the experience we create for the customer. Do you think you can just hire your way out of a customer service problem? There's a post where is guy is mad because he didn't get good advice on taking his axle out. Well, guess what? There are literally 10,000 things to know about a Cobalt. All you guys want to call 'the experts' but get mad if we hire someone who doesn't know an intricate detail about your car that you don't know!!! Then you get mad if our expert techs are too busy to answer your calls. Then gen mad if those techs who should be building your order (as engine above) are answering calls instead of building your parts. Get it? Think about it. It's really quite a simple problem with no simple solution.

-We have 27 employees currently. An office assistant was hired 1 week ago, engine builder assistant hired 2 weeks ago, Ecotec CSR hired 2 months ago, additional mechanic hired 3 months ago. We are growing but it takes YEARS for these new people to give the type of knowledge and service you guys are demanding. Our new CSR showed me this post. But he doesn't know what to say or how long the engine will take. He can't even read through the 100's of emails we get daily much less understand them all and answer.

-Do I need a tune when I relocate the MAF
-How much HP with XXX and XXX give me
-How much power will this hold
-how do I install this?
-will your part work with this other company's part?
-Do 255 tires fit w/o rubbing with your lowering springs
-what is the spring rate of your lowering springs
-do you have a tune for e47
-what's the spool difference from a 256 to a 259 turbo?
-can I change the injector size of a 5th injector
-how long is the top bolt that holds on the IC pump
-what thickness is your gasket on the phenolic spacer
-what diameter is your turbo coupler inside?
-What's the difference from these two plugs?
-what gap should I run for xxx
-how much for these 30 items shipped to Canada, ok. what if I don't want the downpipe. How long will it take to get here
-Can you change my order to red? (who are you?)

and hundreds more EVERY DAY! These are HARD emails to answer day after day. A new person has to go ask someone else. That other person then can't do their job. If ZZP wasn't growing, it would be easy. Then again, you'd be upset that we aren't adding the new products you're asking for. So we're doing the best we can and appreciate being #1. It ain't easy.
Here is your response.