Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

Trouble with THMotorsports and TERRIBLE shipping practices...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eccarwiz
I'm not saying that you handled the situtation 100% correctly but I understand where u are coming from. It seems like everyone else who posted in this thread just has a hard on for THM.
this is why this site has gone to hell
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JAYNO20
No "he said, she said" here, I have proof of everything I stated. I am just making sure the people of cobaltss.net understand their shipping practices before they buy. Apparently everyone needs to ask him first if they have the item in stock. Hopefully everyone else here knows that or they will end up in my situation.
As a customer and consumer, it is your due diligence to be proactive in your purchasing and ask if something is in stock. You bought your lines on Cyber Monday. It is the busiest day of the year. I would have had no problem in listing whether it was in stock or not but I wouldn't have on brake lines and clutch lines because they are always built in 48 hours. Needless to say, with the holidays being here, it got backed up.

Originally Posted by eccarwiz
The only thing that isnt right what THMotorsports did is not tell the OP that the product was out of stock. ANY legit company should always tell a customer if the product their buying is out of stock. Whats absurd is that THM expected the OP to call the company after he placed an online order to make sure that its in stock. Someone placing an order online in noway should be expected to then go and call the company to make sure they have it, ESCPECIALLY after its already been payed for. I dont care how busy you were on black friday, Best Buy who does 1000x the business you do and is infinitly busier on black friday then THM lets you know immediatly if a product is out of stock. Using black friday as an excuse is just a cop out
THM did not expect to have the customer do anything. This is hear-say and there is no PM, email or text that states this from anyone in the company. We updated the customer accordingly exactly when the customer wanted information. I absolutely agree that a customer should not have to do any research or work for a tracking number. This is why we have an entire staff dedicated to just shipping alone. When the OP wanted tracking information, I directed him to our shipping depart exactly and they informed him of the current status. Comparing Best Buy a multi-million dollar company valued in the hundreds of millions does not compare to a company with a staff of 20. I think your analysis is off but just a smidge. Black Friday wasn't an excuse but merely an explanation as to why the order was delayed.

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
THANK GOD! Someone understands. I posted this only for you guys, just so you know what you are getting into when you buy from them. Jon sent me a PM asking me to delete this thread and he'd give me my next order at cost or he was going to tell a mod to delete it anyway. They really don't want anyone to know of their shady shipping practices...

Here is what Jon sent me:

"I would respectfully request that you take down your thread. In your return, I can over you your whole order at cost and make your next order at cost as well regardless of what you order. This will more than compensate you now and in the future.

If not, I will need to get a moderator involved and I dont want to make this any uglier than what it needs to be."

I am giving up the chance to get this stuff at cost just because you guys need to know who/what you are really dealing with. I am VERY hesitant to buy from this place in the future knowing they are willing to BRIBE people to give them good reviews. Shady, shady, shady.
Bribe? No.... this is called CUSTOMER SERVICE. You experienced something that was not like THMotorsports at all and we sympathize with your situation. So as a sales representative from THMotorsports, it is in our best interest to help you become a satisfied customer but in return, if we have resolved the situation and made right on it. Why should the thread be up? Since you have taken the liberty of making a PRIVATE MESSAGE with a good standing offer PUBLIC, I will be getting a moderator involved. There is no reason to make a PM public, when the exact name represents what it stands for, "PRIVATE MESSAGE." Which violates rules and regs. The offer stands but a moderator is getting involved now because this is not the way we do business.

The very essence of my signature invokes customer service. "PM for QUICK RESPONSE!" In no way, shape or form in over 5 different modes of communication that you could have used to communicate with THMotorsports did the original poster could have used to tell me, "hey... this is taking too long, I didn't pay for this, can you help me?" I would have had the opportunity to call up the manufacture and over-nighted a set for the sake of saving an order and saving face. Not only that, I could have called another source. I could have used my resources to make right on the order. Instead we have an OP that is upset and says nothing to me and just makes his posts public without even giving THMotorsports any opportunity to make it right for the customer.

We offer something in good standing faith to make it right, even after the fact then ACCEPTS our offer but the customer still wants to bash us? This makes no sense and if you thought a so called bribe was un-ethical... no.... you accepting it and then bashing us for it still is the only thing that is un-ethical.

Last edited by thmotorsports; 12-12-2012 at 11:13 AM.