Cobalt SS Vendor Reviews Please post your first hand service experience with Cobalt SS vendors.

ZZP Long tube header and 2.5 Cat back

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZP Long tube header and 2.5 Cat back

I purchased a brand new long tube header a few months ago from a person on here. They bought it with the intention of going TVS but scrapped the whole idea and never put it on the car so I got it for a great price. I just got around this past weekend to putting on the everything including a ZZP 2.5 cat back. Everything went great and fitment was perfect after some finessing in some spots where the pipes join together.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Zoomer and Matt for helping get everything smoothed out with the catback. I would like that thank Zoomer especially for answering my email during the weekend. I definitely was not expecting that and it shows that they are for the customer as much as they can.

Welds on everything were great. Performance bump was great and the sound with the catted down pipe is heaven.

Thanks again guys for making a great product!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Awesome man, can't wait to hear/see it! :
Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Ya Joe, this is probably one of the best ones I've heard. BTW you get the crank sensor squared away so you can come up this weekend?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1AJeremyD
Ya Joe, this is probably one of the best ones I've heard. BTW you get the crank sensor squared away so you can come up this weekend?
Long story on that, I did get it taken care of (pain in the ass btw) CEL went off but went back on a little later... Idle is better, but still rough. I'm also getting some compressor surge/flutter which I'm trying to take care of... not sure if it's that the BOV isn't releasing the pressure like it should or what... but I'm working on that as well. My buddy is scanning the car tomorrow to see what the CEL is. I'll let you guys know.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts
what needed to get smoothed out with the catback, im highly considering selling my corsa and going to their cb
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
what needed to get smoothed out with the catback, im highly considering selling my corsa and going to their cb
The only issue I had with the install was that some of the larger ends exhaust pipes were slightly off not allowing the smaller ends to fit together. Just required some slight filing down inside the pipe and everything slid together. Definitely was not bad at all and well worth the it. If you are every free on a weekend, you can come up and hear it for yourself at one of our mod days.

The smoothing out with ZZP was that the wrong flange was sent on the resonator (2.5in instead of 3in) so I could not connect it to the long tube header dp. Zoomer answered my email in the afternoon on a saturday and got a shipping label out to me early in the week. They got the part in, welded in the correct flange, and had it out the same day it got there. Definitely surprised me that someone was answering emails during a weekend but I am very grateful that he did and took care of everything for me.