Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.

2007 Victory Red SS SC for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Victory Red SS SC for sale

Hi all, Victory Red Cobalt SS SC for sale.

Just got a 2010 black TC and I love it, so this has got to go... I live on Long Island, NY. and Here's a list of mods and repairs I have done, every nuance I can think of so I don't get flamed on for any one mentioning something I forgot.

Bought car in 08, immediately tried to fix hop, got the ingalls, sucked. made my own poly mounts, LOL sucked bought polys, too much vibes, got the rotated mounts early 09.

Put OTTP Stage 2 kit on in summer 2010. wanted 2nd ecu for warranty purposes, no go, OTTP couldn't get the VIN right on 3 ECUs they sent me, i said to hell with it they took and flashed my original... 1 month later, it all started.

flex pipe, broken. bought zzp downpipe. heard exhaust noises, turns out it was normal sound of exhaust passing through thin metal of the badmad shorty header I also put in. end of 2010, got stuck in snow with my snow tires, did 1st/rev/1st/rev for an hour, got out... the next day, clutch was done. pressure plate was cracked, so I put in the cobalt clutch upgrade kit (aka, turbo cobalt clutch, pressur eplate and throwout bearing) thennnn in march 2011, punched first, got spin, went to go to 2nd, driver axle snapped. replaced under warranty...

may 2011, sold badmad shorty and zzp, bought entire exhaust from a guy on here... vibrant header/dp 2.5" and 3" hahn racecraft catback... flex broke again, leaked. week later exhaust sounded raspy/crappy, OMFG gonna lose it! kepy replacing flex pipes every couple of months, chopped off hahn muffler sold it and got dynomax turbo. replaced flex again... Did a burnout in front of my job and the trans blew, YAY. $3000 later, I have a rebuilt in and new shift bracket, car drives and shifts fine.

now it's summer 2012. i've since learned to weld, i put my own flex sections in every 2 months, thought it was the flex pipe's fault for being cheap... couldn't take the exhaust problems I kept having, until I put 2 + 2 together... engine always ran great, save for occasional p0300 random/multiple misfire. kept dumping $$ into exhaust work, never got to true problem.. I need a real retune! misfire is dumping raw fuel into exhaust and messing things up.

And for some ungodly reason, the car still hops slightly, perhaps I need some control arm bushings? I drive the car hard, I pushed it around cloverleafs, I had a blast with it for 4 years. Do I need to share this info with every person I talk to about selling her? no. I want to be real and put it all on the table for the community that I have been a part of and has helped me for 4 years.

And so... This car is pretty much mint on the outside, never got into an accident of any type, title is clean, just slight mechanical stuff. when **** broke, I fixed it. rims might need some slight buffing (aftermarket platinum apex type 200, 8" wide) the coolant needs to be flushed soon, and that's about it. Realizing I need a $300 tune, $200 control arms (cheap on rockauto.com) and a flex pipe done, and not knowing of any tuners on LI that I can trust... I have my car for sale. The Turbo SS is just a fantastic ride, I love the advancements they made. I don't have the time or energy anymore to mod my car.

Personally, I would have loved to keep it and gotten a tune to fix the rich AFR and misfire bullshit, fix the hop with spherical control arm bushings, gotten a cheap quiet catback for it, and weld in a new flex pipe... DONE. car would be mint. That's about $1.5k in work and mods, to mint this thing out but alas, I don't have the time, energy or $$ to do that right now. My friends and family were starting to get concerned when all I did was mess with my car and try to fix ****.

I have it on autorader for $11.5k because I am negotiable and 11.7 to 12.3 is the edmunds and kbb valvue for great. It's not that great right now... I just wan to sell it, I will sell for my absolute lowest of $10k to a member on here though because I just want the $$. A tune and a flex and she's ready to rock.

The car has a lot of potential, and if someone on here is handy enough, they can get a sweet ride for cheap. Thanks for looking...

p.s. I was honest and said it how it is, no need to be rude about the condition of the car please? We all need to try and be a bit nicer on this site, sheesh.

Last edited by 07MetallicSC; 06-27-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM

Its really nice but I kinda skipped it because Im in TX.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
link to autotrader removed. not allowed per site rules. please add pictures or thread will be locked
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my bad

ok, no problem... i figured it'd be OK but I guess not. no external links allowed at all, shucks.

clickable thumbnails are ok, but the links to said pictures are not... well, the info says it all, any1 interested should PM me for pics I have a ton of em.

edit: p.s. this is my new name, I am selling the car... SprChrg4Life was my old name and well, if I drive a turbo car the name is not appropriate

Last edited by Turbo Johnny; 06-28-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: clear confusion
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 AM

bump for a honest guy!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
1. - need pictures in thread per site rules
2. - could have just pmed and asked for a name change