Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale 2008 Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 Cobalt SS G85 Coupe - Black - 89.4k

I will try to be as complete as possible, please ask any questions though. This is my 3rd SS/TC (I owned 2 new off the lot) so I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable. I would love to see the car go to a home who will appreciate it the way I do. I would be willing to take the car to a mechanic for an independant inspection and/or drive it to you if business was concluded. Whatever makes you the most comfortable.

I ask that you PM me for my contact information, I don't want scammers emailing or calling me. I purchased a 2016 Golf GTI and one of my vehicles needs to be sold.

Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS
Miles: 89,400 (and holding, I am not driving this car right now).
VIN: 1G1AP18X487327276
Title: Clean, no prior salvage.
Price: $9000/obo

This IS a G85 car.

Recalls are completed on the car, and I have 3 programmed ignition keys and 2 FOB's.

Current modifications: GM Stage 1 Tune (via HPTuners), stock DP is gutted, PRS trailing control arm bushings, MPX shorty antenna, OTTP stage 1 mount, OTTP shifter clamp, and OTTP shifter base bushings.

Recent repairs (all done at about 82k miles in May of 2014): When I put in the PRS TCABs, I put them into brand new FE5 control arms. So brand new balljoints, FCAB's etc. New Moog front sway bar bushings and end links (greaseable!). New Moog inner/outer tie rods (greaseable!). ALL new OEM brake rotors & OEM brake pads were done at 85k miles.

Tires: BFGoodrich G-Force, good tread (I will measure exact ASAP).

Things that will come with it: a stock DP with cat's intact, a pair of spare CV axles, and a K&N air filter.

I purchased this car when I still lived in Texas from the original owner. I then moved it up here to Iowa with me, and I just use it as my toy car. This car has never seen salt/winter and I can take pictures under if you like. No rust on anything, its a real joy to work on in that regards! The original owner was another middle-age man like me, so I believe we tried to take care of it the best we could.

The car is not cosmetically perfect and I make no claims it is, it was his daily driver. I have taken pictures of "the big stuff" but you can expect the occasional door ding. Also, he had some sort of garage incident which left a scratch/impression on the passenger door I photographed and pointed to. It's on the pillar thing behind the window glass. I can tell you this, when I bought this car I looked at about 10 different SS/TC's in Texas. This was, by far and away, the best example I could find. The other 9 of the were severely beat down mechanically and cosmetically.

The interior is pretty decent. The only major things I can think of are the original shift knob/boot could use replaced I guess.

The car has a 0% loan on it though my credit union, so I have not been inclined to pay it off quickly. The current pay off is $9100 and dropping. The loan is held though Randolph Brooks Federal Credit for any TX folks familiar with them. I can promise we can make this a smooth transaction, and I can provide many references if needed. Clearly I'm not trying to get rich here, but I won't take it in the shorts either. I would let you use my Iowa license plates until the title is conveyed to you if you are willing to sign an affidavit of responsibility (tolls you might run, speeding cameras.. etc).

As a strange added bonus, even though I disconnected it LONG ago, the XM radio still works in it lol. I believe this is because it sat in the garage and never got the kill signal.

I will endeavor to get better pictures of the car soon, but I will post what I have. It's just sitting in my garage with a cover of it.

Scratch on passenger door, really the major SNAFU on the car.

Last edited by Gimpster; 12-27-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:50 PM

Here are pictures of it when I last had it detailed:

Old 02-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Hey everyone, the car is still for sale.

I've had a couple 16 year old tire kickers who want to joyride it, but not much else. Keep in mind, I am willing to transport the car to you.

$8500/obo.

Last edited by Gimpster; 02-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:03 PM

Car has SOLD.