Complete Cars List your vehicle for sale.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2008 cobalt SS turbo 7,500$

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart
Yeah, I agree with everyone else, dude. Seeing all of the cars that get listed on here--if the car had a clean title, I doubt you'd have any problem with getting the $7,500 you want. Maybe even with the salvage title you'd be able to get something near that if the miles were a lot lower (like 30k-40k). But as it stands, I wish you good luck getting that much money for it and I'm currently in the market for one.

75k miles isn't terribly high but it's up there. KBB has it listed for about $8,500 in very good condition with those miles but if you look under the KBB FAQ, it says that the general rule of thumb for salvage cars is to subtract 30-40% of the value which is around $5-5.5k and I think you'll have trouble getting even that much because it's modded. Hell, if you say a dealership will give you $8k...I'd say that you didn't tell them it has a salvage title. Same goes for the guy you said almost bought it for $8,500. But if you did tell them and they're still willing to spend that type of money, JUMP ON IT because I don't see you getting anywhere near that here.

Salvage titles are seriously the worst red flag you could have and people know that. Not many people want to throw away thousands of dollars for a car that may or may not be reliable in the long run. With that being said, good luck, dude.
Trust me I was really joyful when I was literally moments away from getting that asking price. Sadly, it did not happen because of his credit. Thank you for your feedback, and I will take it into consideration if all fails. But as right now I am just going to wait and look for the correct customer to appear.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tuned08ss
Willing to sell the coils?
Yes I am willing to sell the coils, to whom ever is interested. But as of right now I have a buyer on the coils. It is pending but they might sell tomorrow. If anyone else is still interested just send me a PM with an offer. Thank you
Old 02-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Really joyful because you were about to rip dude off a couple thousand. The would be purchaser sounds like a guy with really bad judgement. He has credit issues and house payment issues and was expecting to buy a salvage car up on a loan. The bank looked at him and went no way this guy is getting a loan he's already over his head.

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to put up the original owners thread about him fixing the car back up, it would only help.

If you want to sell this put in the effort, or else trade it in to that Hyundai dealer friend of yours. A salvage title car that has been on the market for awhile, priced super high, ridden hard, 2 different owner car. Do you even have the receipts of all the work that's been done?

Sorry, but expect resistance when you throw up a lackluster generic post with missing crucial info and expect firm pricing. We're just watching out for other cobaltss.net members so they don't get ripped.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:24 PM

id consider trading you my 2001 trans am for it. i have 3 vehicles so the salvage title and stuff wouldnt deter me any. but like the other guys said, trying to get a loan on a salvage title car no matter how nice of a car it is, isnt very smart. thats just my opinion, not meant to be a critisizm.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AtilanoSSisBOOSTED
I'm pricing based on what the market is currently around my area and how the vehicles are going for. The car was quoted for that amount in trade in value, with the salvage title. It ranges from city to city. For example in Houston I got quoted 6k in trade in. In San Antonio it was 7k. I don't mind members coming on here and placing their own opinion on the car, especially with the uninformative post I made from the start. I just find it find it rude and distasteful that you come on my post and start making price judgments on my car. It not like I'm going to your for sale threat and criticizing your vehicle.
No one is necessarily being rude, dude. most people won't buy a salvage titled car PERIOD let alone one with 75k miles for over $7,000. I respect you wanting to get as much money for your car as possible but you need to be realistic.

Like I said, if a dealer offered you anywhere near $7,000, JUMP ON IT and don't look back because the only real way you'll get a private buyer to pay that much is if they really don't know what they're doing and there's no telling how long it'll be before someone like that comes your way.

Like my dad likes to say: "there's an ass for every seat," but I don't think that ass is here.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shanedude
Really joyful because you were about to rip dude off a couple thousand. The would be purchaser sounds like a guy with really bad judgement. He has credit issues and house payment issues and was expecting to buy a salvage car up on a loan. The bank looked at him and went no way this guy is getting a loan he's already over his head.

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to put up the original owners thread about him fixing the car back up, it would only help.

If you want to sell this put in the effort, or else trade it in to that Hyundai dealer friend of yours. A salvage title car that has been on the market for awhile, priced super high, ridden hard, 2 different owner car. Do you even have the receipts of all the work that's been done?

Sorry, but expect resistance when you throw up a lackluster generic post with missing crucial info and expect firm pricing. We're just watching out for other cobaltss.net members so they don't get ripped.
The only question I have for you is, why are you even on my post? The only thing you have accomplished or done since I've placed the post on here is criticize everything. I'm trying to rip people off? Ok. I'm trying to do what any other seller of anthing wants to accompish, and that is try selling the item for the best possibrle price one can get. Why is that so terrible? You act like you dont the same or haven't done so before. But ripping people off is not even near my intention. I might have done a really bad job introducing the veichle out there but I already explained that. What happened to cobaltss.net? It used to be place where people gave input and recommendations or at least asked things about how the car runs or what it all has. This is just sad.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This whole thread is full of recommendations; for people to be very wary of your car based on what you've posted.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by footballplaya3k
This whole thread is full of recommendations; for people to be very wary of your car based on what you've posted.
You are correct, and I'm more than open to others opinions but he is not giving recommendations he's more bashing than being helpful. Put simply ill just leave it as that.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 AM

You might get close to your asking price if you changed it back to stock, parted out all your aftermarket stuff you can, and find some documentation on all the work done to repair the flood damage (an invoice maybe?). That way you can maybe get 6k for the car and your buyer wouldn't feel like they are in the dark. Don't get me wrong, I'd post it on craigslist for 7500 cash as is too, but definitely not on here.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 PM

Car SOLD! Got exactly what I wanted! Thanks!