Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Helpful hints for people installing TTR automatic tranny mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:13 PM

Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts
Helpful hints for people installing TTR automatic tranny mounts

You may or may not experience these problems, but if you are, then enjoy my experience below and maybe my idiocy can help you somehow.

Hint #1: Your steering rack will probably be in the way. Jack or lower the transmission to remedy this, or just say **** it and unbolt the rack itself. You'll find out how much of a bitch the lowest bolt on the rear mount can be without doing something.

Hint #2: TAKE THE ENTIRE MOUNT OUT. Don't half-ass it and only take the lower half out. My cross-pin or sleeve or whatever the **** you want to call it wouldn't fit into the upper half of the mount and I could have easily dealt with it if I wasn't such an ******* for taking only the lower half out. The parts on these cars cannot be expected to be identical across the board and it'll be easier on you if you just take the whole damn thing out.

Hint #3: Your downpipe will be in the way if you try to take only the bottom half of the mount out. Would you rather **** around with your exhaust for 6 hours or just unbolt three pathetic bolts and save the bottle of aspirin and anger management classes for something else?

Hint #4: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT LOUD-ASS RATTLING?!?!?!?! That rattling probably isn't a loose bolt or your exhaust heat shield or your intake banging around. My hood was vibrating so violently, the hood latch hook and the hood latch itself were rattling against each other and making a rattling so LOUD that people next to me began to panic and think their cars were about to explode. Seriously. You need to unscrew the rubber bumper inserts under the hood so they sit tighter against the hood and prevent this.

That is all.