Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

missed 3rd gear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
missed 3rd gear.

just to let you guys know. my written english is very bad. as long you guys understand me its good.

i was driving home about 2 hours ago with one of my friend. i stopped at a red light and beside me, a brand new gray mustang v6 convertible. right away he put his window down and gently ask, you want to race? i said yes but not on that street

i knew the place very well and there is almost 1 cop/foot square in that part of the city so i asked him to go on a "safe" 2 lane road like 1 mile away. so there we are. i am bone stock and i got the car for 1 week and a half. never raced the car vs another.

we started the first one from a dig. i launched the first gear around 2500 and spinned all th way to second (oh. i got steel wheel and winter tire. i live in ottaw/canada). i was in front of him by a half car then missed the 3rd. i catched him back around 180 then stopped. i've learned something that time. LOL

second race.
i asked him to go from a 50 kmh roll. and smoked him. since i am a cobaltss.net addicted user and learned alot on the car before buying it. i knew the car was better on a roll again a rear wheel drive.

third race.

from a roll again but launched the car around 1900 rpm. that one was better. almost didnt spin at all then i was 2 car in front of him at the end of the second gear and smoke his ass again around 170.....

i think i pissed off the dude. when i stopped giving gaz, i was 3-4 car in he passed beside me at turned to the right at the end of the steet.

i turned left at that intersection and went the other way. now i stopped at the first light.

a black HHR LT. stopped just right beside me . the only thing i could hear was his engine. the light went green. i left slowly and he left like a crazy. he was racing. so i followed him and stop and the next red light. we left slowly and around 45 a was right beside him, he pushed the pedal and i did the same right after him. i smoked him in 2.. shifted in 3 and went 3-4 more car in front of him and then stoppped. i stopped in a packing lot and he followed me. we had a quick talk, a very nice guy with his g/f. he had a magnaflow cat back and a CAI.

i dropped my friend at his appartment and then went home.

i got a question on that.

i missed the third gear because i pushed the shifter only half way to the 3rd and then released the clutch, pressed the gaz and red lined the engine then i shifted back in 3rd. before starting the second race right after the bad shifting. i did a little test on the 3rd gear shifting back to 2 ,3,2,3 and 4 and everything was fine to me. no cluch slip. i dont know what kind of damage that did.

what kind of damage my tran or clutch can have after shifting that way????

Thanks for answering my question

i missed the third gear because i pushed the shifter only half way to the 3rd and then released the clutch, pressed the gaz and red lined the engine. i pressed the clutch then i shifted back in 3rd. before starting the second race right after the bad shifting. i did a little test on the 3rd gear shifting back to 2 ,3,2,3 and 4 and everything was fine to me. no cluch slip. i dont know what kind of damage that did.

what kind of damage my tran or clutch can have after shifting that way????

Thanks for answering my question

Last edited by h0l0caust; 03-10-2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grinding gears, broken roll pins.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 AM

when you 'grind' gears these days with new cars, you only grind the sincros. thats why you dont have to double clutch vehicles anymore.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:49 PM

happens to all of us from time to time :P nothing major.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobalt8
happens to all of us from time to time :P nothing major.

^^ he is right. I woudln't worry about it I've probly done it 3 or 4 times.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:05 AM

allright. i was on the road all the day and everything was working like a charm.

Thanks for the info tho.