Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

New Dampner On The Market

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R33P3R007
they will, NOT void any warrenty.

I would like to see the Huge pictures, so i can see in fine detail and up close. hook it up

Will not void your warranty. I brought mine in to get my blown motor replaced and I had a WR on. The mechanics didn't have anything to say other than "do you think you drive a race car, whats with the dampner?".
Old 03-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ARN1CK
if you have the tq dampener set at the highest setting will it cause any damaging stress on the engine?

I believe it will just cause stress on the dampner brace, not the engine.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:24 PM

so how bad is that?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ARN1CK
this is for anyone who currently has this dampener installed on their cobalt ss s/c...how do you adjust the setting of the dampener?
here's the link to the Ingalls site on how to adjust the td (torque damper) stiffness...

http://www.ingallseng.com/graphics/W...0breakdown.pdf

also in reguards to adding extra "strain" on the engine.....
it's going to tranfer resonation and vibrations throughout the chasis of the car. Actually since the motor is "bolted down" it preserves the life of the power train, tranny, and exhaust...motor mvmnt=bad news for power train components and is the main reason why they fail... Take a look while a car is on a dyno and observe how much the engine is moving around..

The only thing that I would recommend in conjunction to the damper is after market motor mounts which definately compliment the damper....
Old 03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
New update: We are only offering this GP price to the first 15 customers (units). After that we will not be able to get any discount. 8 have paid and are on the list, so there are only 7 left at this price.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
New update: We are only offering this GP price to the first 15 customers (units). After that we will not be able to get any discount. 8 have paid and are on the list, so there are only 7 left at this price.
Could you post the list. Thanks, Erik
Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
1. Daren
2. Asael
3. Roel
4. Jeff
5. Geoff
6. Erik
7. Bryan
8. Matt
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM

You can add me to that list, I just paid
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
360 L337 User

Ok, we setup the discount code. At the checkout of www.TurboTechRacing.com enter the discount code "INGALLSGB" and press the recalculate icon. It is a $25 discount code. And final price shipped should be $164.99.

Ingalls stated R&D is done they just need to Zinc plate the parts, shipping in about 3 weeks. This Group Buy will run for 3 weeks.

I don't see where to Add the discount code... and I wanna pay for it now so I DON'T MISS OUT
Old 03-09-2006, 10:58 AM

I don't see where to Add the discount code... and I wanna pay for it now so I DON'T MISS OUT
Oh man you are to late. No just kidding. After you add it to you shopping cart click on checkout, then you enter your customer info, then click continue, on that screen there will be a box to add the discount code, then click recalculate.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM
360 L337 User

thanks.. I got it. PAID.....Sweeeeet.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
1. Daren
2. Asael
3. Roel
4. Jeff
5. Geoff
6. Erik
7. Bryan
8. Matt
Trying to add my name to the bought list but your registration section won't take my province name. Please fix this asap

EDIT Apparently we Canadians have to phone to make our orders. Anyways I just ordered mine so only a few are left for the group buy.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 03-09-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by robstamina
here's the link to the Ingalls site on how to adjust the td (torque damper) stiffness...

http://www.ingallseng.com/graphics/W...0breakdown.pdf

also in reguards to adding extra "strain" on the engine.....
it's going to tranfer resonation and vibrations throughout the chasis of the car. Actually since the motor is "bolted down" it preserves the life of the power train, tranny, and exhaust...motor mvmnt=bad news for power train components and is the main reason why they fail... Take a look while a car is on a dyno and observe how much the engine is moving around..

The only thing that I would recommend in conjunction to the damper is after market motor mounts which definately compliment the damper....
which mounts are you talking about?

drivers side, passangers side, tranny.

I still have a little wheel hop left, and I have a passanger side mount, I was thinking the control arm bushings where what i needed to get rid of the last bit of hop that I get
Old 03-10-2006, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by player_1
which mounts are you talking about?

drivers side, passangers side, tranny.

I still have a little wheel hop left, and I have a passanger side mount, I was thinking the control arm bushings where what i needed to get rid of the last bit of hop that I get
all three.. doesn't energy suspension make a full kit for colbalt ss.. I again would recommend motor mounts but would recommend doing the research on the different kinds... the harder the mount the more resonation but better performance..softer more oe ride less vibration but not as good as performance....

I know the oe ones are REALLY soft and after market mounts definately do a good job complimenting the damper..
Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 PM

all three.. doesn't energy suspension make a full kit for colbalt ss.. I again would recommend motor mounts but would recommend doing the research on the different kinds... the harder the mount the more resonation but better performance..softer more oe ride less vibration but not as good as performance....

I know the oe ones are REALLY soft and after market mounts definately do a good job complimenting the damper..
If you get the aftermarket mounts than you won't need the engine damper. I thought the engine damper was suppose to be an alternative to the poly mounts.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:54 PM

Thats actually my point, I understand getting the dampener if you don't have solid mounts, but if you do, there is actually no need for the dampener.

which is why I asked, so people don't go buy a engine dampener when the already have a passenger side motor mount like me, in which they would probably notice no differance except for the hole on there wallet.

don't get me wrong if I didn't have the engine mount I would have probably got your dampeners simply because I could adjust the stiffness, to make the cabin noise down, but I don't see the point of having both
Old 03-13-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by player_1
Thats actually my point, I understand getting the dampener if you don't have solid mounts, but if you do, there is actually no need for the dampener.

which is why I asked, so people don't go buy a engine dampener when the already have a passenger side motor mount like me, in which they would probably notice no differance except for the hole on there wallet.

don't get me wrong if I didn't have the engine mount I would have probably got your dampeners simply because I could adjust the stiffness, to make the cabin noise down, but I don't see the point of having both
dampers are adjustable stiffness wise as opposed to motor mounts. also the majority of eng. mvmnt is front to back which the damper prevents. On my vehicles I have the energy suspension mounts with the damper and highly recommend the combo.. mounts take care of sideways eng. mvmnt along with helping the damper function... One is about as good as the other but the combo is WAY better than just a single component from my personal experience.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
360 L337 User

dampers are adjustable stiffness wise as opposed to motor mounts. also the majority of eng. mvmnt is front to back which the damper prevents. On my vehicles I have the energy suspension mounts with the damper and highly recommend the combo.. mounts take care of sideways eng. mvmnt along with helping the damper function... One is about as good as the other but the combo is WAY better than just a single component from my personal experience.

??? What do you mean, Where can we get these?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:26 PM

??? What do you mean, Where can we get these?
He doesn't drive a RL/SS. I belive he said he has a Honda
Old 03-13-2006, 03:35 PM
360 L337 User

oh, i was like WTF? they have both side motormounts. i must be missing something.

Thanks for the clarification.

and y haven't our names been added to the list.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by max_boost
He doesn't drive a RL/SS. I belive he said he has a Honda
Sorry I should of clearified...04 s/c'd honda civic si....I was noticing how soft the oe mounts were for the ss we had in for R&D and haven't researched motor mounts for the ss yet.. I will post up some info when I find it..

doesn't powerflex and prothane make something?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:19 AM

sweet just ordered the dampaner. cant wait for it. no more wheel hop or atleast a reduction in it will be pretty sexy. ya i called my car sexy what u want to fight about it. lol
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by fWdCoBaLt
sweet just ordered the dampaner. cant wait for it. no more wheel hop or atleast a reduction in it will be pretty sexy. ya i called my car sexy what u want to fight about it. lol
I refer to my car as "my bi%^h".. I know a couple guys that have names for their cars???
Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 AM

would people be interested in different color choices for the dampers and brackets?

if so what color choices...
I see alot of people that just powdercoat the brackets... It is usually 30-50 depending on the powder coater..
Old 03-17-2006, 12:10 PM

would people be interested in different color choices for the dampers and brackets?

if so what color choices...
I see alot of people that just powdercoat the brackets... It is usually 30-50 depending on the powder coater..
Hey less posting and more finishing our parts, lol. What color are the brackets going to be without the powdercoat? And I like that the damper is polished.

Quick Reply: New Dampner On The Market