Rotated mount installation M35 LSJ/LNF - Page 2 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Specific Technical Discussion > Drivetrain
Rotated mount installation M35 LSJ/LNF >

Rotated mount installation M35 LSJ/LNF

Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Rotated mount installation M35 LSJ/LNF

Old 10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
These Ottp mounts don't fit - the washers are way too big.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 01-21-08
Location: Woodstock, NY
Posts: 911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have you bought the mounts recently? like within a month or two? john and ottp dont do business anymore. they make there own mounts now and they are not as good. no suprise that they don't fit. contact john directly to get good parts.
slvrred- is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
I had to bend the **** out of the chassis mount to get it to fit. Slightly less vibes, slightly less hop. I'm using an ingalls as well.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 01-21-08
Location: Woodstock, NY
Posts: 911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you shouldnt of had to do that.....powell mounts will very little to no vibes and they will get rid of all wheel hop without using anything else. if i were you i would get intouch with john and get rid of the shitty ottp mounts.
slvrred- is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
I really don't feel like doing this project over again, lol.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 01-21-08
Location: Woodstock, NY
Posts: 911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i can understand you pain in having to do a job with **** poor parts but if you do run them in a way that they aren't really supposed to be.....it could lead to other failures with your car or the mounts themselves will fail due to being as stressed as they are.
slvrred- is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
They're in there right. It just took some leverage to squeeze both washers on each side of the mount.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
  #33  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-25-11
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 6,199
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
^^^ should not be. PM me for some dimensions to help u out.
Powell Race Parts is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
pm'd.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
  #35  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 01-21-08
Location: Woodstock, NY
Posts: 911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts View Post
^^^ should not be. PM me for some dimensions to help u out.
powell for the save......maybe good parts will follow???? lol
slvrred- is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
  #36  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-25-11
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 6,199
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
replied to his pm. solution is possible, but not for long lol
Powell Race Parts is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
The OTTP mount looks fairly solid but the spacers are too ******* big. Now I have to waste more time going to the store looking for spacers that will fit and then even more time dicking around with putting them in.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  #38  
New Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 09-29-11
Location: maryland
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered the mount through john, i only recieved one spacer however? and my mount is painted black? Did i recieve the right mount? lol
danpatmor is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
  #39  
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
efren6057's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-22-06
Location: Chicago
Posts: 361
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by danpatmor View Post
I ordered the mount through john, i only recieved one spacer however? and my mount is painted black? Did i recieve the right mount? lol
Your fine when I got mine I got the same thing. Those are his latest version and has nothing to do with function as they work just fine.
efren6057 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 PM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by danpatmor View Post
I ordered the mount through john, i only recieved one spacer however? and my mount is painted black? Did i recieve the right mount? lol
This is right. Only one spacer needed. I asked John about the same thing.

You want to know how awesome John at Powell is? He felt so bad for me after ordering that OTTP mount, that he sent me a stage 1 mount on the house.

I'll share the full story once my LNF mount comes in, but seriously, John is a standup guy and Powell parts are top notch. I can tell just by looking at this mount that it is the real deal, and that serious time and engineering has gone into it as well as improving it.

The OTTP mount works, but I had to grind the spacers down as they were almost a half inch too big compared to the stock mount's width. The bushing also doesn't look like it'll last through any more than a winter or two. Josh was useless at OTTP with his customer service, and too cheap to send me two new spacers that were .250" smaller each.

Moral of the story: listen to what people have to say about certain vendors on here. The majority of the time, their stories are true. Powell FTMFW.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 PM
  #41  
New Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 09-29-11
Location: maryland
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
This is right. Only one spacer needed. I asked John about the same thing.

You want to know how awesome John at Powell is? He felt so bad for me after ordering that OTTP mount, that he sent me a stage 1 mount on the house.

I'll share the full story once my LNF mount comes in, but seriously, John is a standup guy and Powell parts are top notch. I can tell just by looking at this mount that it is the real deal, and that serious time and engineering has gone into it as well as improving it.

The OTTP mount works, but I had to grind the spacers down as they were almost a half inch too big compared to the stock mount's width. The bushing also doesn't look like it'll last through any more than a winter or two. Josh was useless at OTTP with his customer service, and too cheap to send me two new spacers that were .250" smaller each.

Moral of the story: listen to what people have to say about certain vendors on here. The majority of the time, their stories are true. Powell FTMFW.
thanks a lot for the reassuring! They seem like a standup company, the mount itself is amazing quality. Cant wait to put it in tomorrow. Also to order some more powell parts
danpatmor is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM
  #42  
Former Vendor
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-26-07
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,286
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
This is right. Only one spacer needed. I asked John about the same thing.

You want to know how awesome John at Powell is? He felt so bad for me after ordering that OTTP mount, that he sent me a stage 1 mount on the house.

I'll share the full story once my LNF mount comes in, but seriously, John is a standup guy and Powell parts are top notch. I can tell just by looking at this mount that it is the real deal, and that serious time and engineering has gone into it as well as improving it.

The OTTP mount works, but I had to grind the spacers down as they were almost a half inch too big compared to the stock mount's width. The bushing also doesn't look like it'll last through any more than a winter or two. Josh was useless at OTTP with his customer service, and too cheap to send me two new spacers that were .250" smaller each.

Moral of the story: listen to what people have to say about certain vendors on here. The majority of the time, their stories are true. Powell FTMFW.
Chris,

I asked you for pictures from the start of your problems. All I got was some very low resolution cell phone pictures so I asked for better ones because I couldn't see what was going on. At the time your mount was sold we only had one size spacer, so it wasn't as easy as sending you out a different size spacer because we didn't have any and didn't know if that would fix the problem. You still haven't sent the better pictures so that I could help you, but you feel the need to talk bad about us for a problem you wouldn't even let us fix. If you would like me to post up the conversation we had with time stamps and the pictures you sent me I can.
Josh@ottp is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-13-09
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 628
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sub'd for info
68Vette is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Chris,

I asked you for pictures from the start of your problems. All I got was some very low resolution cell phone pictures so I asked for better ones because I couldn't see what was going on. At the time your mount was sold we only had one size spacer, so it wasn't as easy as sending you out a different size spacer because we didn't have any and didn't know if that would fix the problem. You still haven't sent the better pictures so that I could help you, but you feel the need to talk bad about us for a problem you wouldn't even let us fix. If you would like me to post up the conversation we had with time stamps and the pictures you sent me I can.
Why do you need 7D-quality pictures of a problem that is easily describable? When I call any other company over the phone about a problem I have never been asked for photographs, but it's all good. I ground down your bushings to make the mount fit and then got another one that fit with no issues.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: 03-16-08
Location: Altus AFB, Ok
Posts: 3,534
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Chris,

I asked you for pictures from the start of your problems. All I got was some very low resolution cell phone pictures so I asked for better ones because I couldn't see what was going on. At the time your mount was sold we only had one size spacer, so it wasn't as easy as sending you out a different size spacer because we didn't have any and didn't know if that would fix the problem. You still haven't sent the better pictures so that I could help you, but you feel the need to talk bad about us for a problem you wouldn't even let us fix. If you would like me to post up the conversation we had with time stamps and the pictures you sent me I can.
graps popcorn....
06cobalt racer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM
  #46  
Former Vendor
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-26-07
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,286
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
Why do you need 7D-quality pictures of a problem that is easily describable? When I call any other company over the phone about a problem I have never been asked for photographs, but it's all good. I ground down your bushings to make the mount fit and then got another one that fit with no issues.
Because we only sold one bushing at the time and it had worked on every other vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails mountphoto.jpg  
Josh@ottp is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
  #47  
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-25-11
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 6,199
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Gee this is a Powell Race Parts thread. Why dont you start your own thread OTTP?
Powell Race Parts is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
I know I'll be starting a thread later on tonight...
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
  #49  
Banned
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: 06-12-10
Location: Augusta GA
Posts: 4,040
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts View Post
Gee this is a Powell Race Parts thread. Why dont you start your own thread OTTP?
umm this is a drivetrain thread not a powell thread any vendor is allowed to post in here not just you.
Vander Nars is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
  #50  
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Sox-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-23-09
Location: Mt. Pleasant S.C.
Posts: 12,762
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
This thread needs to get cleaned up and moved to the how-to section.
Sox-Fan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rotated mount installation M35 LSJ/LNF


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.