Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Slave Cylinder Extention?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slave Cylinder Extention?

Ok... I've been having problems with my car for the past several months and cant go to a dealer because of where I live.
Something isnt allowin my car to get into gear. I changed Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder 3 times, also recently changed clutch (GMPP) all parts came from crateengine. After changing all of those parts nothing happened and the car remains to have the same issue. So I decided I'd weld a piece of metal onto the top part of the slave cylinder to extend it out more to make contact with the pressure plate. After I did this I was able to drive and shift into all gears. I jus need someone to help me out cause I dont understand what the problem could be and I'm in the bahamas and there arent any GM dealers down here
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am having the same issue..i dont know what is going on
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
there is something wrong with your install, I would suggest air in the system, and the "distribution block" quick disconnect where you bleed the slave is probably a good place to look.
Take the hairpin clip out of the quick disconnect clutch fitting on the bellhousing (behind the air inlet and between the ECU and the engine) remove the block and turn it over. YOu will probably see in the female q-d orifice, a little O ring in the socket of the q-d. Remove it carefully with a small pick and then put the o ring back on the male post for the q-d which is attached to the bellhousing. Then place the q-d back press firmly, reinstall the hair pin clip and bleed the clutch. I suspect that is the cure for your problem.

either that, or the master cylinder you replaced is not properly in place with the plastic clip in the end of the pushrod. Good luck.