Dyno Results Dyno pictures, videos and dyno results.

SCd 2.4L Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put my car on a Dynojet recently with a couple friends.

Mods: M62 blower, 2.8" pulley, 42# inj, 3" ZZP intake, ZZP mid length header 1.75" pipes, 2.5" ZZP catted downpipe, 2.5" ZZP cat back, OTTP stg 1 heat exchanger, Opt B tank, AIS meth kit, 12gph nozzle before blower.

11* of timing.

249 whp
231 wtq

Old 09-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
very nice man. consistent back to back runs on the dyno.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
nice numbers man
Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 PM

My IATs climb to about 113℉ then around 5500 rpm start to go down lol. This setup works pretty flawless. 0 knock no matter what. Unfortunately we've been unable to add timing as it sits. If I add even 2* of timing it knocks up to 3*. 11-12 is my cars happy spot as it sits.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
how about adding e85?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:14 PM

good stuff man! your running 91 or 93?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 PM

91 ocatane. No E85 close enough to make it justified for a daily driver. If I can work out the kinks on getting a barrel and using that system, then perhaps one day.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suppose that's decent for 91 octane, whats your elevation? How much boost does the 2.8 pulley make? Have you tried dynoing without the meth? Last supercharged car I had with 50/50 boost juice was drowning with a 6gph nozzle, wound up making more power without the meth on 93 octane. You could probably pick up 10 ponies or so doing the LNF exhaust cam like I just did, theres two still for sale that I know of, one from robk and one from mongo. It's .406 lift vs .395 and changes the LSA from 130 to 127.5, should help vent the exhaust side a bit better compared to the stock LE5 exhaust cam which is pretty small.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 AM

I daily at 2500-2700 ft and it makes around 11 psi up here. I Dynod in LA and I'm unsure of the elevation there but I made 12.35psi on the dyno. At sea level I can get to damn near 14psi or so. I've never ran the car on this pulley without meth injection, so no dyno results from that.

As for the LNF exhaust cam, is it litterally a direct swap?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Spawne32
You could probably pick up 10 ponies or so doing the LNF exhaust cam like I just did, theres two still for sale that I know of, one from robk and one from mongo. It's .406 lift vs .395 and changes the LSA from 130 to 127.5, should help vent the exhaust side a bit better compared to the stock LE5 exhaust cam which is pretty small.
Sry for thread jack, but does this applies for turbo application too?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jacob4ta
I daily at 2500-2700 ft and it makes around 11 psi up here. I Dynod in LA and I'm unsure of the elevation there but I made 12.35psi on the dyno. At sea level I can get to damn near 14psi or so. I've never ran the car on this pulley without meth injection, so no dyno results from that.

As for the LNF exhaust cam, is it litterally a direct swap?
Yessir, my LE5 has been running fantastic with it. Best part was, it cost me 25 bucks. Kinda surprised your only able to get 11* of timing on that thing even with that much meth, however you are at alot higher of an elevation then what im used to, so that must be making a large difference in power, i would have expected over 250 for all your mods.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by DFZ24
Sry for thread jack, but does this applies for turbo application too?
It applies to any application, since the LE5's are VVT car's the VVT can be manipulated to move the LSA and overlap either way to suit your application, I didnt have to touch it on mine because im NA still, dropping the LSA from 130 to 127.5 helps my top end by increasing overlap, the biggest advantage for you guys would be the increase in lift that the LNF exhaust cam provides.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
It applies to any application, since the LE5's are VVT car's the VVT can be manipulated to move the LSA and overlap either way to suit your application, I didnt have to touch it on mine because im NA still, dropping the LSA from 130 to 127.5 helps my top end by increasing overlap, the biggest advantage for you guys would be the increase in lift that the LNF exhaust cam provides.

Nice, now my question is... how is the car at idle? Or acceleration? Luke does it sounds like a heavy cammed car or light or just like nothing was change and sounds same as stock?
Does valve spring needs to be change? (Read the lower part)
Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by DFZ24
Nice, now my question is... how is the car at idle? Or acceleration? Luke does it sounds like a heavy cammed car or light or just like nothing was change and sounds same as stock?
There is a very minimal change in exhaust note, if your familiar with the way your idle is now, then you will probably notice the slight change at the tail pipe, but its very minimal. Acceleration is much better because the cam helps the car breath better for sure, I saw a 3-4% increase in fuel requirements from about 3500hz+ on my MAF table. The VVT cams are naturally spaced very far apart for the VVT to have plenty of room to move around, it isn't until you get to either ridiculous duration's or very low LSA's that you hear that lope. You can read about my whole debacle with improperly made VVT cams and how that duration and overlap can effect your idle compression.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Timing drop depending on elevation also? I would run 15ish psi on a 2.9 and e. About 19 * of timing as well with a pretty unfinished tune. No knock

Last edited by Twoozofjuice; 09-02-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twoozofjuice
Timing drop depending on elevation also? I would run 15ish psi on a 2.9 and e. About 19 * of timing as well with a pretty unfinished tune. No knock
Couple of variables probably play a factor in that, 91 octane, its probably E15 gas, so the car probably isnt a big fan of the fuel. 2.4's are 10.4:1 compression, a bit higher then the LSJ's but 11* is pretty low, especially for meth injection.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Couple of variables probably play a factor in that, 91 octane, its probably E15 gas, so the car probably isnt a big fan of the fuel. 2.4's are 10.4:1 compression, a bit higher then the LSJ's but 11* is pretty low, especially for meth injection.
Mine was on my 2.4 as well. On a conservative unfinished tune I was in the high teens which is why I was wondering. I'm pretty much at sea level
Old 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
nice numbers.

nice flat torrque curve!!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM

Mine was on my 2.4 as well. On a conservative unfinished tune I was in the high teens which is why I was wondering. I'm pretty much at sea level
Yeh, see this is why I didnt like the methanol when I had it on my JRSC integra, too many variables with chemical injection that are difficult to control. I had better results without the meth kit then I did with it, like I said I think 12gph is wayyyy too much. You have to remember that unless you are running 100% methanol, you are introducing alot of water into the engine, and water does nothing to make power. Yes it helps cool and stabilize combustion but when you drown the motor with water vapor it hurts more then it helps. I think he would actually see better results with anywhere from a 3-6gph nozzle and running 70/30 meth/water. You want to use the methanol as an octane booster more then a cooling agent, if your IAT2's are suffering I would invest more into the intercooling system then just drowning the car with water.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:15 PM

Yeh, see this is why I didnt like the methanol when I had it on my JRSC integra, too many variables with chemical injection that are difficult to control. I had better results without the meth kit then I did with it, like I said I think 12gph is wayyyy too much. You have to remember that unless you are running 100% methanol, you are introducing alot of water into the engine, and water does nothing to make power. Yes it helps cool and stabilize combustion but when you drown the motor with water vapor it hurts more then it helps. I think he would actually see better results with anywhere from a 3-6gph nozzle and running 70/30 meth/water. You want to use the methanol as an octane booster more then a cooling agent, if your IAT2's are suffering I would invest more into the intercooling system then just drowning the car with water.
Yeah the 12gph seemed a little much to me. We ran a 7gph on my buddies lsj and even that was a pretty large amount for it
Old 09-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Yeah the 12gph seemed a little much to me. We ran a 7gph on my buddies lsj and even that was a pretty large amount for it
Absolutely, and I think one of the biggest problems with regards to meth is that people always wind up spraying it before the blower, and assume that its helping them. Blowers arent turbo's, you cannot treat them the same way. I found out the hard way that all I was doing spraying pre-blower was displacing air for water inside the blower and actually reducing the amount of CFM the blower sent into the engine. A good tuner I know from the carolina's explained to me in detail about the common mistakes made with methanol and you would be surprised just how many people do it wrong. I think one of the biggest misconceptions we had was that it actually cools off IAT's that much, when in reality its not as efficient as you think. What we were actually measuring was condensation from the water and methanol on the IAT sensor probe, not the actual air temp. Meth injection is best used as a stabilizer to combustion and an octane additive, you get better results treating it that way then as an agent to cool IAT's alone.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Stock LSJ Long block - 2.0
2.7 Pulley / lightly ported m62
Jbp Header / 2.5" catless dp / 2.5 catback
Ported Intake Manifold
7gph 50/50 water/meth
zzp 3" intake
12 AFR / 24* advance up top

vs

OPs car (mods in original post)

(SAME DYNO; SAME TUNER)

max values

Name:  lsjvsle5_zps41d24520.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  75.9 KB

Conditions

Name:  lsjvslefconditions_zpsc75b0e2e.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  72.6 KB

----------

The OPs car is a 2.4 Liter 10.5:1 compression engine

The standard nozzle for a 50/50 mixture on a 2.7 m62 lsj setup is 7gph. The standard nozzle for a lsj on a 2.8 lsj is 5gph.

The LSJ is 9.5:1

The 2.4 is dealing with greater displacement over all and a higher compression ratio. 12gph is nothing at all; especially when spraying pre-blower.

As for the talk about losing efficiency when spraying water and methanol into a supercharger? On the contrary; by spraying pre blower you close the tolerances between the case and the rotor pack improving adiabatic efficiency and over all CFM. This is part of the reason psi increases in correlation with decreasing iats providing cooler, denser air.

Please read this article
Water Alcohol Methanol Ethanol Injection Systems - Articles - Tech Articles - 116+ Octane With Water Injection!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM

Anything that AIS publishes is mostly psuedoscience to sell their kits, ive had my dealings with them in the past and their kits are junk. I had to file a chargeback on my credit card to get a refund after 2 months of running one of their trunk mount kits that not only leaked but the switch failed and nearly nuked my motor.

There is no "standard" nozzle for any car, so saying that 5gph is the "standard" for LSJ's is also more pseudoscience, the nozzle size merely dictates how much methanol vs how much gasoline you are going to run. As for the whole "spraying pre blower closes tolerances" argument, thats also completely false information, in fact on the pre-5th gen blowers it would actually loosen tolerances by stripping the teflon coating off the rotors completely. How do I know this? Because Ive done it on 2 separate blowers already in a matter of 6 months of hard methanol injection use preblower. Stripped the coating off until the rotors were squeaky clean. Now the newer coatings might not be as susceptible to this but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt "close the tolerances". lol The water does not sit at the edge of the blade where it meets the case, it is a vapor, it fills the entire case along with the air that is being blown into the motor. This is all dyno proven science here, not some blog article from a half assed water injection company out of arizona. The higher you get in the GPH pre blower, the harder it is for the blower to turn and the more air you displace, by your logic, i could take my garden hose and spray it into my throttle body and it would have no effect at all. 12gph is 909cc's, thats a massive amount of fluid to be spraying into your supercharger.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:50 PM

Wen to water/meth 100%METH is the guy to talk to.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Anything that AIS publishes is mostly psuedoscience to sell their kits, ive had my dealings with them in the past and their kits are junk. I had to file a chargeback on my credit card to get a refund after 2 months of running one of their trunk mount kits that not only leaked but the switch failed and nearly nuked my motor.

There is no "standard" nozzle for any car, so saying that 5gph is the "standard" for LSJ's is also more pseudoscience, the nozzle size merely dictates how much methanol vs how much gasoline you are going to run. As for the whole "spraying pre blower closes tolerances" argument, thats also completely false information, in fact on the pre-5th gen blowers it would actually loosen tolerances by stripping the teflon coating off the rotors completely. How do I know this? Because Ive done it on 2 separate blowers already in a matter of 6 months of hard methanol injection use preblower. Stripped the coating off until the rotors were squeaky clean. Now the newer coatings might not be as susceptible to this but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt "close the tolerances". lol The water does not sit at the edge of the blade where it meets the case, it is a vapor, it fills the entire case along with the air that is being blown into the motor. This is all dyno proven science here, not some blog article from a half assed water injection company out of arizona. The higher you get in the GPH pre blower, the harder it is for the blower to turn and the more air you displace, by your logic, i could take my garden hose and spray it into my throttle body and it would have no effect at all. 12gph is 909cc's, thats a massive amount of fluid to be spraying into your supercharger.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?839940-any-issues-with-running-meth-injection-pre-blower

explain plz :-)

Every search says ur so full of **** ur eyes r brown!!!!

Quick Reply: SCd 2.4L Dyno Results