Dyno Results Dyno pictures, videos and dyno results.

TVS Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TVS Dyno

Didn't go as planned, with what is done to the car it should have a solid 300whp+ but my car was just not giving the opportunity to work with the tuner. He tuned it very conservatively.

Long story in short, I had installed the methanol kit incorrectly and we fixed that. The fittings then leaked, horribly, we also fixed that. Found out that I had a vacuum leak, we fixed that. Tried using the methanol kit, can't because the controller is a broken piece of ****. He couldn't pull any timing because the car would just constantly knock, gaped the plugs correctly and went some more, still knocking.

Could be bad gas or something else. So anyway, The car is throwing codes, P0420... Hm, is the catalytic converter also a busted piece of ****? I think so.

I'm happy with the people that were there and helped. The tuner did what he could. End of the day I made 276WHP and 242WTRQ.

I think I am going to go the turbo route. I just don't know which setup to go with.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Was this on a 2.0?
What supporting mods did you have?
Old 05-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Those are M62 numbers!

Get your stuff fixed. No reason you shouldnt be 320+
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn dude, sorrry to hear that ! what were ur supporting mods ?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:39 PM

POWER/TRANSMISSION:

TVS with a 2.8"
ZZP 3" Intake
ZZP 3" Exhaust
Bad-mab shorty header
Hahn 3" Downpipe
Siemens 80# injectors
Spec stage 3+ clutch

COOLING:

OTTP heat exchanger
OTTP Dual pass
OTTP Option B
DevilsOwn methanol injection 2.5 bar kit with a 10 GPH nozzle

My DevilsOwn methanol controller is broken. My catalytic converter is clogged. I'm not sure if my valve train had anything to do with it either. My one valvespring is ticking, could that possibly cause the valve to not open and close like it should? I used 91 Octane fuel because it's a DD. I'm going to fix the problems and/ or just part it out and turbocharge it.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel nice knowing on E85 my M62 does near these #'s. Not that I'm tuned perfect at this point either.

Hope you get it fixed and running right.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 PM

What kind of boost are you seeing? That will tell you if the cat is clogged... Or just hollow it out.. LOL
Old 05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

fake dynos don't count all you people touting virtual dyno thinking it's accurate are hilarious.

when you get your stuff fixed you should see over 300, turbo is much more fun though.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Slowline
fake dynos don't count all you people touting virtual dyno thinking it's accurate are hilarious.

when you get your stuff fixed you should see over 300, turbo is much more fun though.
Based on the cars I've runned it within reason I'd say. I myself would say I'm more around 250-260. Never said it was accurate at all. Just stated what VD claims.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:46 PM

stick with the tvs it takes patience but when u get it all done its well worth it
Old 05-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*gulp* those are basically my exact mods. Hope for a fix and some new numbers.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
sad you didnt get your car right before going to the dyno. If SSkev is tuning you ,and your car is correctly assembled, he will give you a stellar car. Clogged cat, leaking meth , vacuum leak etc, this is all pretty basic stuff that ,frankly, you should have not even considered going to the dyno in that state. Just go through things, get it mechanically fit, then go to the dyno and tune. We would all like you to post up the good numbers. Good luck.

ps. this has zero to do with TVS; it is all about having a car in proper working order.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline

thats why alot of people on the evo forums use VD, its +/- 10hp, which is what a real dyno is going to give you. VD is telling me my car is making 423hp 382trq,I could go on the dyno just outside of the city and it will read ~430hp or i could go to the one 4hrs away and read 400hp. Considering dyno numbers mean nothing at all, ill pick VD and put the money towards more mods. I laugh at people that waste money going on dyno's. The operator that ran my cobalt was ******* around with the settings and my Cobalt made 800+hp. So you tell me whats the difference and how a real dyno is accurate and why it matters....

As for the OP, get the tune checked out and get those parts fixed. My mod list was...

TVS (stock pulley..3.0 i think?)
60lb injectors
Injen CAI
CIA Header
CIA 3" DP w/ HiFlow Cat
3" Magnaflow Exhaust
Meth injection (75/25, meth/water mix)
CA Heat Exchanger
Ingalls TD
OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts
2 step colder plugs
Tune was set to 11.9 AFR, 26* timing.

287hp and i cant remember the torque.

Last edited by srt-10; 05-19-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM

These problems arose on the Dyno, Powell. SSKev did a great job doing as much as he could. He was extremely patient and I couldn't be any happier. I might as well get some 78# valvesprings, new meth controller, and then hollow out the cat. Then I should see over 300Whp.

Just to let people know, the car did at one point hit 290whp but like I said, my car gave him problems. I'm not upset at all with SSKev, I'm extremely happy with him, we did have a pretty good time other than my car being stupid, lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by srt-10
thats why alot of people on the evo forums use VD, its +/- 10hp, which is what a real dyno is going to give you. VD is telling me my car is making 423hp 382trq,I could go on the dyno just outside of the city and it will read ~430hp or i could go to the one 4hrs away and read 400hp. Considering dyno numbers mean nothing at all, ill pick VD and put the money towards more mods. I laugh at people that waste money going on dyno's. The operator that ran my cobalt was ******* around with the settings and my Cobalt made 800+hp. So you tell me whats the difference and how a real dyno is accurate and why it matters....

As for the OP, get the tune checked out and get those parts fixed. My mod list was...

TVS (stock pulley..3.0 i think?)
60lb injectors
Injen CAI
CIA Header
CIA 3" DP w/ HiFlow Cat
3" Magnaflow Exhaust
Meth injection (75/25, meth/water mix)
CA Heat Exchanger
Ingalls TD
OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts
2 step colder plugs
Tune was set to 11.9 AFR, 26* timing.

287hp and i cant remember the torque.

What you don't understand is that the 800hp reading had nothing to do with how accurate the dyno read your pull. It was all based on the settings in the computer that runs the dyno. It's pretty common knowledge that the parameters have to be set for each car and someone that doesn't know what they are doing will get numbers like that.

One shop I went to spent half an hour getting mine right. My first dyno pull read something like 1032 ft/lbs at the wheels and like 800 something whp. It just took some tweaking and settings adjustments until it read correctly.

Personally I don't have a problem with virtual dyno numbers so long as you're comparing them to other virtual dyno numbers. Apples to apples ya know...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
sad you didnt get your car right before going to the dyno. If SSkev is tuning you ,and your car is correctly assembled, he will give you a stellar car. Clogged cat, leaking meth , vacuum leak etc, this is all pretty basic stuff that ,frankly, you should have not even considered going to the dyno in that state. Just go through things, get it mechanically fit, then go to the dyno and tune. We would all like you to post up the good numbers. Good luck.

ps. this has zero to do with TVS; it is all about having a car in proper working order.
This.

People are so fast to give up on a setup when the dyno numbers they see are not what they wished for.

Same thing would have happened with a turbo setup. If the car is not mecanically sound, expect low numbers.

Good luck with getting everything straightend out though.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 AM

tvs's are nasty with the right set of mods...stick tvs
Old 05-22-2012, 07:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
yup which is why my car only lost by 1/4 car against a built motor (2.2 lsj) ported head tvs car on 23+ psi.
m62 and e85 on my car stock everything else (well header and airbox mod)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM

I'm surprised how many people get caught up in the number game on dynos. Unless you are using it to tune a car, that final number means nothing. I spent 5 hours the other week at a local dyno manufacturer trying to work out a deal for a 24" roller with a eddy current unit on it. People concerned with just Dynojet and Mustang dyno's really don't understand that there are better options out there to get their dyno "numbers". Dynojet for instance has there "true number" system which essentially is a flywheel HP calculation. That's why Dynojet numbers are always higher than mustang.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Frogstofall
What you don't understand is that the 800hp reading had nothing to do with how accurate the dyno read your pull. It was all based on the settings in the computer that runs the dyno. It's pretty common knowledge that the parameters have to be set for each car and someone that doesn't know what they are doing will get numbers like that.

One shop I went to spent half an hour getting mine right. My first dyno pull read something like 1032 ft/lbs at the wheels and like 800 something whp. It just took some tweaking and settings adjustments until it read correctly.

Personally I don't have a problem with virtual dyno numbers so long as you're comparing them to other virtual dyno numbers. Apples to apples ya know...
Thats my whole point. No two dyno's are going to have the same settings, therefor, read the same. What is the difference between setting the settings for a car on a dyno and then setting the settings on VD. Unless your car is a dyno queen, the numbers mean nothing. Sure its cool to know what the car is making but does it really mean anything? The only thing a dyno is good for is tuning to see the curve, afr and boost. And for me personally there are only 2 AWD dynos i can go to. One of them is 1-2 hours away and i refuse to do buisness with him. The other is 4 1/2 hours away. $125 for 3 dyno pulls + $70 gas to get there, $70 gas to get home and $20 for lunch or food while im there....defently not worth it if VD is telling me my numbers and is only off +/- 10hp (which is what the 2 dyno shops will read differently anyways)
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM

I had almost the same mods

I was at 312WHP and 272WTQ
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM

All the problems that arose were completely my fault and I accept that. I'm not upset, I have the car parked and am currently returning it back to the way I bought it to purchase another vehicle. I am not financially fit at the moment to be toying around with the car. I really would love to but there are other things in life that come first.

I will definitely miss the car when I sell it. I don't want to give up. I kind of have to, at the moment it's a money pit and I'm trying to get out of debt... School won't pay itself.

PS - For the record, SSKev not only stayed longer than he had to but he tuned it after we fixed the problem so that I could get home. In my eyes, very stand up guy. I would highly suggest anyone to go to him. I wish I had a mechanically fit car at the time.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM

Did I misunderstand what happened here? You put all your performance parts on incorrectly right? There is actually nothing wrong with your car correct?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by DarkChild
All the problems that arose were completely my fault and I accept that. I'm not upset, I have the car parked and am currently returning it back to the way I bought it to purchase another vehicle. I am not financially fit at the moment to be toying around with the car. I really would love to but there are other things in life that come first.

I will definitely miss the car when I sell it. I don't want to give up. I kind of have to, at the moment it's a money pit and I'm trying to get out of debt... School won't pay itself.

PS - For the record, SSKev not only stayed longer than he had to but he tuned it after we fixed the problem so that I could get home. In my eyes, very stand up guy. I would highly suggest anyone to go to him. I wish I had a mechanically fit car at the time.
cant build a car so you get mad at the dyno numbers and put it back to stock then plan to get rid of it hahah =D how much for your tvs?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by srt-10
Thats my whole point. No two dyno's are going to have the same settings, therefor, read the same. What is the difference between setting the settings for a car on a dyno and then setting the settings on VD. Unless your car is a dyno queen, the numbers mean nothing. Sure its cool to know what the car is making but does it really mean anything? The only thing a dyno is good for is tuning to see the curve, afr and boost. And for me personally there are only 2 AWD dynos i can go to. One of them is 1-2 hours away and i refuse to do buisness with him. The other is 4 1/2 hours away. $125 for 3 dyno pulls + $70 gas to get there, $70 gas to get home and $20 for lunch or food while im there....defently not worth it if VD is telling me my numbers and is only off +/- 10hp (which is what the 2 dyno shops will read differently anyways)
apparently you think it does cause you advertise fake numbers in your sig lulz

Quick Reply: TVS Dyno