Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Mounting a radar detector...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mounting a radar detector...

Ok so Im taking a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada in 2 weeks... Ima be driving there in my balt so I decided to get a radar detector for a little more protection.

Last year, I had gone with my older bro and we got 2 speeding tickets...

So this year, Im takin my balt and Im guna be drivin the whole way...

I picked up a Cobra XRS 757 revolution series radar detector just so I have that little extra protection from them dam cops who are tryin to meet their quota.

Anyways, I know Cobra isnt the best brand, but I dont have $500 to fork out for an expensive radar detector, ****, I wouldnt even pay that much for a dam radar detector!!

I got it for $60 online brand new, compared to $100 from the store.... I wana mount it on the top left corner of my windshield because I have the visor tinting that will disguise the radars appearance a little (theyr illegal to use in AZ, I believe )

So my question is, will the suction cups mess up the visor tinting?

what u guys think?

i will be using a direct wire w/ the built in fuse to tap it in the radio fuse so I wont be using that annoying coiled cigarette lighter plug in.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Last I remember, radar detectors were only illegal in VA and Washington D.C. Some other states were trying to ban then, FL I believe is one. I had mine on that tinting or whatever at the top of my windshield and it just kept falling off. I just took it and put it right underneath my rearview mirror. You can't really see the detector from the outside, but you can see the bright ass metal mounting bracket. Then you can run the wire's through the headliner, down the pillar and into the fuse panel.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by all4glh
Last I remember, radar detectors were only illegal in VA and Washington D.C. Some other states were trying to ban then, FL I believe is one. I had mine on that tinting or whatever at the top of my windshield and it just kept falling off. I just took it and put it right underneath my rearview mirror. You can't really see the detector from the outside, but you can see the bright ass metal mounting bracket. Then you can run the wire's through the headliner, down the pillar and into the fuse panel.
Yeah, ima be hardwiring it to the fuse box as well... but hey, thats a great idea to mount it under the rear view mirror

i will put up pics later of possible mounting spots....

and i read that they were illegal in a whole bunch of states, i will post a link once i get home.

Heres the link to where it says almost every state prohibits radar detectors....

http://www.theallineed.com/family/06030909.htm

Last edited by cobaltguy88; 12-10-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost