Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

ported superchager question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ported superchager question

is it worth paying 300 and a 4 week delay to send my supercharger to intesnse to get it ported?? i have read the how to port your supercharger fourms doesnt seem that hard but sometimes looks can be disceving ive pollished my valve cover and stuff and im pretty handy with a dremel... in yalls opinion should i attempt it or pay the money??
Old 04-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nuttzzy
is it worth paying 300 and a 4 week delay to send my supercharger to intesnse to get it ported?? i have read the how to port your supercharger fourms doesnt seem that hard but sometimes looks can be disceving ive pollished my valve cover and stuff and im pretty handy with a dremel... in yalls opinion should i attempt it or pay the money??
Not worth paying for it. They only port it 1/8th of an inch. You can do it 1/4" and by yourself for ~$60 if you need to buy everything to do it.

I have ported 22-23 superchargers by hand for the cobalts.

First off don't spend all day grinding it away. I port in about 45 minutes. Just cut it out and then smooth it back.

If you don't know jack-**** about doing something like that then DON'T Attempt it. It's not quite as easy as just buzzing away. It's a skill/art.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Not worth paying for it. They only port it 1/8th of an inch. You can do it 1/4" and by yourself for ~$60 if you need to buy everything to do it.

I have ported 22-23 superchargers by hand for the cobalts.

First off don't spend all day grinding it away. I port in about 45 minutes. Just cut it out and then smooth it back.

If you don't know jack-**** about doing something like that then DON'T Attempt it. It's not quite as easy as just buzzing away. It's a skill/art.
well from what i understand and i dont know the tech terms so im ganna do dummy terms.... from waht i understand take 1/8 off of each side of the little triangle and then grind the lip where the tb gose in witch its the intake side then polish smooth.....right?? but as far as takeing it apart do i have to drain the oil? and if i do id have to replace it.. but where does it drain at and stuff its not the grinding im worried about im stead with a dremel plus i get bored so i dont hurry threw things i look and take my time on critical areas you know? so do you think im capable?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:11 PM

I am very interested in this ass well. I should have the tools available to me where ever I work.

I have 2.2 and I am building it, I want to mod the S/C to make it more eficient and do what I can to make good power.

I am also planning on porting the outlets on the intake manifold. Has anyone done this?? I will measure to keep them all even, but to take my time and keep it steady, I am going to do it with files.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by brandon2.2
I am very interested in this ass well. I should have the tools available to me where ever I work.

I have 2.2 and I am building it, I want to mod the S/C to make it more eficient and do what I can to make good power.

I am also planning on porting the outlets on the intake manifold. Has anyone done this?? I will measure to keep them all even, but to take my time and keep it steady, I am going to do it with files.
yeah man there some how - to's on it i was just wondering if there hidden obsticls sp? thats not discussed in the how - to's
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
if you have never ported an intake manifold, throttle body, or a head. do not touch the blower.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM

aye aye Area47

(not being a smart ass)
Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 PM

well if i mess up i can always buy a tvs
Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nuttzzy
well from what i understand and i dont know the tech terms so im ganna do dummy terms.... from waht i understand take 1/8 off of each side of the little triangle and then grind the lip where the tb gose in witch its the intake side then polish smooth.....right?? but as far as takeing it apart do i have to drain the oil? and if i do id have to replace it.. but where does it drain at and stuff its not the grinding im worried about im stead with a dremel plus i get bored so i dont hurry threw things i look and take my time on critical areas you know? so do you think im capable?
You do not need to drain the oil as long as you are careful not to break the seal between the snout and rotor assembly. All you need to do is take out the 8 bolts that hold the snout down. Stand it up and use a screw driver to "pop" the assembly up out of the housing using the extra chunks of metal as leverage. and I mean POP it out, don't dick around with it.

Make sure that you also mask off all of your sensors, stuff towels into the tube so that you don't get shavings stuck to all the muck in there, and FOR GOD SAKES, TAPE OFF THE BEARINGS! There will be enough metal shavings all over the place to turn you into Michael J. Fox overnight!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
You do not need to drain the oil as long as you are careful not to break the seal between the snout and rotor assembly. All you need to do is take out the 8 bolts that hold the snout down. Stand it up and use a screw driver to "pop" the assembly up out of the housing using the extra chunks of metal as leverage. and I mean POP it out, don't dick around with it.

Make sure that you also mask off all of your sensors, stuff towels into the tube so that you don't get shavings stuck to all the muck in there, and FOR GOD SAKES, TAPE OFF THE BEARINGS! There will be enough metal shavings all over the place to turn you into Michael J. Fox overnight!
hahaha ok i think i got it i thought the thing was filled with oil cause they'er always talking about refilling it and stuff just just slide the houseing off grind smoth slide back on easy peasy

minus the few have to's like tape lol