Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

S/C Owners MUST READ/LOOK!!! pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSS_TNR
not too sure about plugging the blower, can do more harm than good, specially if its done wrong
what? are you saying plugging the holes can do harm to the blower?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by kwest
what? are you saying plugging the holes can do harm to the blower?
im saying that plugging the holes in the blower can do more harm then good, yea you get a lil more whine, but not worth the cost of replacing your blower if you didnt plug them right, or if you used something cheap to plug them with that can be blown into your engine, like if something deteriorates and comes off, thats all im saying, also i wouldnt do it to my car, cuz im still under warranty and if i do that and blow my motor, and they find out that i did it, warranty is voided and im fucked lol
Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSS_TNR
im saying that plugging the holes in the blower can do more harm then good, yea you get a lil more whine, but not worth the cost of replacing your blower if you didnt plug them right, or if you used something cheap to plug them with that can be blown into your engine, like if something deteriorates and comes off, thats all im saying, also i wouldnt do it to my car, cuz im still under warranty and if i do that and blow my motor, and they find out that i did it, warranty is voided and im fucked lol
HAHA dude. pluggin the holes of your blower will not blow your motor. It is not a "unsafe" thing to do, as long as its done right, with the correct material. This magnum steel stuff does not detteriate or however you spell it. Its hard as a rock, and stays that way. Eaton themselves have said, and proved, that plugging the holes does not do anything to the blower exceplt make it louder. thats it. its on their website if you wanna check it out
Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned

Have you had a chance to do a vid of your car yet?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by euthanasia
Have you had a chance to do a vid of your car yet?
nah man. Ive been in and out of town for work (new job) and im having trouble with the blower. I believe its the coupler thats out. It sounds like ****. Everyone keeps teling me the bet the stuff that was used to port the blower came off, but im seriously doubting that. I just havent had time to take it back off yet. Im pretty sure, and hoping its the coupler. Still gunna be a pain in the ass though.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwest
nah man. Ive been in and out of town for work (new job) and im having trouble with the blower. I believe its the coupler thats out. It sounds like ****. Everyone keeps teling me the bet the stuff that was used to port the blower came off, but im seriously doubting that. I just havent had time to take it back off yet. Im pretty sure, and hoping its the coupler. Still gunna be a pain in the ass though.
None of the porting will make the sc all of a sudden start to make a noise. But if the coupler is going out it will start to make a rattling type sound. Or the bearing's can be going out? Hard to say unless I can here it.