General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

2 Black Colbalt SS's in Ann Arbor, Mi

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Black Colbalt SS's in Ann Arbor, Mi

Guys,

I saw two SS's this morning. It was snowing like crazy and one blew by me. I missed my turn and had to turn around in a parking lot and my luck the car that blew by me was there with another next to it. There were some redlines as well. I'm guessing it was an automotive supplier's shop. They did have normal plates though. Overall, I was not impressed... the wing is just fugly, rims were nasty and the overall height of the car was ridiculous. I don't this a drop could even help. The wheel gap was a solid 2" or 3” but slam it and it is still going to look high due to the small wheelbase. I'm not saying I would not drive one, but I would not pay 20K for one. I actually waited months before I bought my 05' Type-S because I have always been a die hard GM guy, I wanted to wait and drive one, which I still will do, but so far I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. I didn't read all posts but does anyone have one of these yet?

Mike
Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 PM

no one here .. yet..
Old 01-06-2005, 08:08 PM

i thought in one of the articles that was scanned and posted here, said that the gap was only open enough to fit 1 finger through it?
Old 01-06-2005, 08:21 PM

what about the H & R lowering springs? but they say it would be a good idea 2 use performance struts.... what performance struts? I agree though, it seems 2 sit high in the pics,(still havent seen one either) but aftermarket should take care of that problem eventually.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the guys first post. Don't put to much credit towards it. If it was snowing so hard I highly doubt one blew buy you. They have pretty low profile tires and not good in the snow I am sure.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

lol i agree fully with zinner its his first post which means he trully iddnt care about a cobalt in the first place
Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 AM

If I spent 23,000 on a pretty much gutless type-s, I'd be trying to make myself feel better by trashing the better performing, lower cost cars too.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by EverettCobalter
If I spent 23,000 on a pretty much gutless type-s, I'd be trying to make myself feel better by trashing the better performing, lower cost cars too.
the type-S is a nice car, but i do agree that his post is BS.... i highly doubt he saw one.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 AM

The Type S is alright but there has been more than one of the guys with a Type S get jealous. If you go to GMI then you'll see a few ricers that are getting mad that america is comin up to kick their asses lol. But most likely he did NOT see an SS since the earliest i've heard of someone having one is february and mine is said to be here early march, and that was told to me by a regional office staff member. She also told me that don't say anything to your dealerships about the performance package because they'll have no idea what the hell your talking about but there is a performance package to be offered with just the LSD and Recaros. The Recaros aren't my cup o' tea but i want that LSD, so i'm gonna see if i can just get that.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:25 AM

RSX...hmm..does the s stand for slow?

Just wanted to understand how it was possible for someone to see a SS S/C fly past him in the snow when icy roads are the most difficult to drive on? Plus Ive spoken to GM marketing and they havent sold but a few SS S/C to customs shops and select people (not in production for consumers yet) The wheel gap is reduced by 1/4 lower than the sedan and I have seen the sedans in person, the wheel gap is fine due to the fact that the tire and wheel overall width should measure the same on either the 15'' alloy or 18'' alloy w/ respectable tire sizes, just smaller tire on 18. Its ok, when I get my SS S/C with a 4.05 gear ratio I will have fun fying past little ricey RSX's happy to have stayed domestic.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM

Unhappy

I cannot believe you guys... how childish can you be. Look at my join date homos... I have been here longer then you reading up. Just no need to post since everything was speculation until now. And just to let you know the Type-S is every bit as fast as the SS. DO some research. I bought my Type-S as a daily driver, go sit in one and run it to 8400 rpm, you will jizz in your pants. Even Car and Driver tested it at 14.9 in the 1320 and 6.2 0-60. People have already run 14.6 stock. On the road I think the SS would win, but come on guys... I am very disappointed in this forum and am now even more glad I did not buy an SS. I may just have to drive back to Ann Arbor today to prove it to you guys. Please grow up, this place will end up like Scionlife before you know what hit you. This was the last thing I expected… wow..
Old 01-07-2005, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mschmidt
I cannot believe you guys... how childish can you be. Look at my join date homos... I have been here longer then you reading up. Just no need to post since everything was speculation until now. And just to let you know the Type-S is every bit as fast as the SS. DO some research. I bought my Type-S as a daily driver, go sit in one and run it to 8400 rpm, you will jizz in your pants. Even Car and Driver tested it at 14.9 in the 1320 and 6.2 0-60. People have already run 14.6 stock. On the road I think the SS would win, but come on guys... I am very disappointed in this forum and am now even more glad I did not buy an SS. I may just have to drive back to Ann Arbor today to prove it to you guys. Please grow up, this place will end up like Scionlife before you know what hit you. This was the last thing I expected… wow..
I don't discredit your first post nor believe it wholly, but yes the Type-S is quite the car. I'm not sure why everyone initially flamebaited this post, maybe it was your numbers. And yes i've seen what happened to ScionLife lol. All in all I welcome you, and I've driven the RSX-S (my freinds) and I am impressed with the car. But all in all I've moved away from Honda, and gone towards domestics. All that aside welcome!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on guys… no need for name calling and flaming. We are all adults aren’t we? I don’t see this post going anywhere. Use PM’s and emails to resolve personal issues.