General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

auto door locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto door locks

i got the car used, no manual, i get out of the car an average of 70-75 times a day(i use it for work). any idea's on how i can stop the doors from locking?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM

go into your driver information center, hit the 'i' key and reset key at the same time and it should bring u to a control menu. keep hitting the i button til it says something like auto lock, then press the reset button and it should turn it off
Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are directions in your user manual for setting the lock preferences.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Halfcent
There are directions in your user manual for setting the lock preferences.
I think he said he doesn't have the manual.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, I see that now, sorry. I thought he was talking about the transmission.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 PM

i looked at my d.i.c. it is called Delay Lock: if you set it to off the car shouldn't lock itself anymore
Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by canuckSS
any idea's on how i can stop the doors from locking?
I'm pretty sure I read in the owner's manual that you can't do this if you have a manual transmission. I'll have to check again.

Last edited by Elise; 05-08-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM

lol i love reading some of these responses....some people are just clueless...delayed lock is actually a setting that...as ur exiting the car you hit the lock button on the door....a chime sounds and the doors lock 5 seconds after the last door is closed....dont ask me why they still have that on cars in this day and age of remote entry...i never use the lock button in the car...just the remote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM

yes i don't actually have power locks on my car. i was just under the impression that the delay lock is what controls if the car locks itself from reading the manual. if im wrong, im wrong but at least i tried to help
Old 05-08-2007, 04:10 PM

From the Manual (Pgs 2-9, 3-43, 3-46):

Automatic Door Lock: If your vehicle has power door locks, the doors will automatically lock when the shift lever is moved out of PARK (P) for a vehicle with an automatic transaxle. For a vehicle with a manual transaxle, the speed must be greater than 5 mph (8 km/h). The automatic door locking feature cannot be disabled.

Programmable Automatic Door Unlock: If your vehicle has power locks, it has a programmable automatic door unlock feature. The doors can be programmed through the Driver Information Center (DIC) to automatically unlock several ways.

To enter the DIC Personalization Menu press and hold the information and reset buttons at the same time for several seconds, then release. Press the Information button to scroll through the available menu modes.

AUTO UNLK (Unlock): This feature, which allows the vehicle to automatically unlock certain doors, can be enabled or disabled. When AUTO UNLK appears on the display, press the reset button to scroll through the available settings:
ALL (default): All of the doors will automatically unlock.
Driver: The driver's door will automatically unlock.
None: None of the doors will automatically unlock.
If you have a manual transaxle vehicle, the door(s) will automatically unlock when the ignition is turned off.
If you have an automatic traxle vehicle, you can select when the automatic unlocking will occur. Do this in the UNLK menu.

UNLK (Unlock)(Automatic Transaxle Only):This screen displays only if your vehicle has an automatic transaxle and DRIVER or ALL is selected for the Auto UNLK feature. This feature determines when the automatic door unlocking will occur. When UNLK appears on the display, press the reset button to scroll through the available settings:
Key Off: The door(s) will unlock when the ignition is turned off.
Shift to P (Park)(default): The door(s) will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

That should answer your question..
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Elise
From the Manual (Pgs 2-9, 3-43, 3-46):

Automatic Door Lock: If your vehicle has power door locks, the doors will automatically lock when the shift lever is moved out of PARK (P) for a vehicle with an automatic transaxle. For a vehicle with a manual transaxle, the speed must be greater than 5 mph (8 km/h). The automatic door locking feature cannot be disabled.

Programmable Automatic Door Unlock: If your vehicle has power locks, it has a programmable automatic door unlock feature. The doors can be programmed through the Driver Information Center (DIC) to automatically unlock several ways.

To enter the DIC Personalization Menu press and hold the information and reset buttons at the same time for several seconds, then release. Press the Information button to scroll through the available menu modes.

AUTO UNLK (Unlock): This feature, which allows the vehicle to automatically unlock certain doors, can be enabled or disabled. When AUTO UNLK appears on the display, press the reset button to scroll through the available settings:
ALL (default): All of the doors will automatically unlock.
Driver: The driver's door will automatically unlock.
None: None of the doors will automatically unlock.
If you have a manual transaxle vehicle, the door(s) will automatically unlock when the ignition is turned off.
If you have an automatic traxle vehicle, you can select when the automatic unlocking will occur. Do this in the UNLK menu.

UNLK (Unlock)(Automatic Transaxle Only):This screen displays only if your vehicle has an automatic transaxle and DRIVER or ALL is selected for the Auto UNLK feature. This feature determines when the automatic door unlocking will occur. When UNLK appears on the display, press the reset button to scroll through the available settings:
Key Off: The door(s) will unlock when the ignition is turned off.
Shift to P (Park)(default): The door(s) will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

That should answer your question..
that is awesome, thanks. i guess i gotta live with it........or, take the door apart and figure out which wire to cut!!!