General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Be careful at the carwash

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful at the carwash

Damn today i went to a drivethrough car wash, and my car automatically locked the doors as it was rolling through the wash garage. the worker pulled it up to the track, and they leave it running as it gets pulled along the track, so i guess the sensor locks it out...kinda sucked cus my car sat there and idled for about a 45 minutes, until i had sombody drive my spare set of keys up...just a heads up...im not sure if this has happened to anybody else...
but just watch out for it.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:41 PM

that sucks

but its worse when you have the window cracked and it wont go up , happened to my cav
Old 09-15-2005, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's strange. You're allowed to sit in your car while it goes through a drivethrough carwash around here. In fact, that's the norm. That will avoid that problem.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by DanJHartman
Damn today i went to a drivethrough car wash, and my car automatically locked the doors as it was rolling through the wash garage. the worker pulled it up to the track, and they leave it running as it gets pulled along the track, so i guess the sensor locks it out...kinda sucked cus my car sat there and idled for about a 45 minutes, until i had sombody drive my spare set of keys up...just a heads up...im not sure if this has happened to anybody else...
but just watch out for it.
one word my friend, ONSTAR!!!!

love it, wont have another car without it!!!

also, the car wash i go to i get to sit in as well? why they make u get out???
Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 AM

Hahaha happened to me.

Some of the car washs around here are sit through others aren't.

When it rolled out of the car wash tunnel thing to guys came running after it will a wheel choke... I am like this can't be good.

So this guy comes out and I am like its ok Ill call onstar and have them pop the locks... he goes if you want to but I can do it quicker than onstar.

He used a slim jim and broke into my car in about 20 seconds, no damage no scratches nothing.

It made my very very scared lol.

Now every time I go through the car wash I always take my remote keyless entry thing off of the ring first.

-Rich
Old 09-15-2005, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by love my SS
also, the car wash i go to i get to sit in as well? why they make u get out???
The car wash by my house is awesome.

The best package... $20.00 they vacuum your car, wash you matts, wipe down the whole intrior, windex all of the windows, tire shine the wheels, polish up all of the chrome including the exhaust(!!) open my trunk vacuum that as well, then they towel dry the rest of my car, and lastly they take an air compressor / air gun and blast all of the creases in the car to get every drop of water out to prevent any running water lines...

I LOVE THAT PLACE.

-Rich
Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 AM

yeah i didnt have the option to get onstar, i bought mine right off the lot, i was wishing that i had it though..
the guy had one of those triangular wedges and was going to wedge open my door, i was like hell no...but whatever i learned my lesson... it wasnt anybodys fault
about the cavy that the window stayed cracked open...that sucks that same thing happened to my brothers pontiac sunfire...lol we took the door panel off and wedged the window permanently shut...it kinda sucked but it worked
Old 09-15-2005, 11:27 AM

i work at a car wash and nobody has to get out of their cars, you should always go to touchless automatics or do it yourself in the manual bay (best results always and no scratches)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read about this several times on here so far. I think we need to make everyone aware of this problem. It's not fun to be stuck
Old 09-15-2005, 04:29 PM

Happend to me too lol, I wash my car at home now any ways.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:32 PM

I have friends that work at a car was by my house and for $5 they will wash the exterior. And for another $5 I believe they will do the interior as well. Full thing for $10 I love it. But I like to wash it myself mostly. Except the winter time.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 AM

Another thing.. most auto car washes only require your vehicle to be in Nuetral. Why does it have to be running? When you get out, turn it off, leave it in nuetral and take the keys with you.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by astrocrep
The car wash by my house is awesome.

The best package... $20.00 they vacuum your car, wash you matts, wipe down the whole intrior, windex all of the windows, tire shine the wheels, polish up all of the chrome including the exhaust(!!) open my trunk vacuum that as well, then they towel dry the rest of my car, and lastly they take an air compressor / air gun and blast all of the creases in the car to get every drop of water out to prevent any running water lines...

I LOVE THAT PLACE.

-Rich
Where is that place in new jersey, I gotta go there.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by wikkymaster
i work at a car wash and nobody has to get out of their cars, you should always go to touchless automatics or do it yourself in the manual bay (best results always and no scratches)
I always take mine through an automatic touchless or do it myself except when the service department at my dealer washes it with every service. The thing that makes me nervous is it's a "soft brush" wash but I guess you can even get swirl marks from doing it yourself...it's pretty much inevitable .

Permafried-
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Permafried-
I always take mine through an automatic touchless or do it myself except when the service department at my dealer washes it with every service. The thing that makes me nervous is it's a "soft brush" wash but I guess you can even get swirl marks from doing it yourself...it's pretty much inevitable .

Permafried-
Yes... I have swirl marks even from hand washing it myself! I guess i just wasn't careful enough. It's damn near impossible to never get swirl marks.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by CoBoltz007
Where is that place in new jersey, I gotta go there.
Its in Edison, NJ actually border of Edison and Metuchen... On Rt 27

-Rich
Old 09-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Ern

Youll always get swirl marks. No way around it. The only way youd never get them is to never touch your car.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ehh do it your self car washs suck as well. at least the ones around here. the brushes are like steel and i scratched my black cobalt scrubing my car with it. not very noticable but in the right sunlight you can see millions of circles scratched onto the paint.. best way is do it at your house people thats why god gave us a hose and soap. just use a soft rag or something to wash with