General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Cobalt Body Design Competition; Winner Receives $100!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cobalt Body Design Competition; Winner Receives $100!

HELP NEEDED.
Cobalt SS Aftermarket Body Design Competition

Saki XL here. I live in the United Kingdom temporarilly (USAF), and I am currently the ONLY soon-to-be owner of a Cobalt SS/SC within a 500+ mile radius that anyone knows of. (If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. But I've searched for about 2 months, and this holds true... For Now.)

Most people would say "It's a new car, leave it stock..." But by the time I return to the states, there will definately be loads of them everywhere. I hate being normal.

So.. I spoke with a company here that has been trying to get their name blown up pretty huge in the United Kingdom for the past 6 months with bodywork/engine mods and such, and I just recently spoke to them about Porting my Blower - in which they replied they CAN and WILL do anything for promotion. So I asked them if they would make me a One-Off Body kit: Something spectacular. They told me that I can either bring in designs of ideas that I like, or they could come up with some designs themselves; but since I'm the only owner here with one, and they need the promo, they'll cut me a deal far greater than I can get anywhere else besides the USA.

The Challenge

SO! Fellow Cobalt SS.NET users!!! Those of you who have Photoshop, or similar editing programs; I would LOVE for you guys to come up with some concept designs for my Orange Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC!

I'm offering $100 - ONE HUNDRED Dollars (via paypal or any other means) for the winner. Any interests or takers, PLEASE respond, email (sakixl@aol.com), pm or whatever it takes!

/// Saki XL ///
Old 07-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope they make a badass Euro kit! The kits in the States don't compare to those there. Will they ship them here?

Please post some pics of your car so we can get her done
Old 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM

what style are you looking for?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 PM

No problem Jonel --- That's why I'm holding this competition. They're doing one-off's though... We're talking about doing this sometime in December. I already have the money they're talking about.

Apparently, they want about Ł1000 - Ł2,000 for the One-Off ($2000 - $4000). But my wife and I make generally $4100 a month, not counting the extra cash I get when I sell merchandise in my area. This is a great opportunity for us to get a sponsership as well since I'm going to have them do most of my engine work as well.

EDIT---
As far as the car itself goes - I do not have it yet. It's still shipping, and will not be here until about the 22nd of July. I have a really crappy camera as well, so I need someone else to send a picture of any color cobalt (The color won't matter, I have an orange one, that can be changed at any time).

Sorry I don't have any rightly available.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tiny
what style are you looking for?

Something highly agressive. But I'm open to any and every suggestion. I might end up using One person's front end, Another person's rear, another group of people's side skirts, and someone else's Ram-Air hood for kicks.

// Saki XL
Old 07-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Will hand drawn ideas work as well? Im a little better with a pencil than a mouse...

And do you have high res pics of your car?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by KustmAce
Will hand drawn ideas work as well? Im a little better with a pencil than a mouse...

And do you have high res pics of your car?

For All: Be advised that I do not have any pictures of the car yet. I don't have the camera that I want, and the car won't get here until Approximately the 22nd. (18 days)

Hand drawn pictures will suffice, but I would prefer them rather PhotoChopped. However, I will still accept them, because La Styling UK can still Render them on their programs the way you've drawn them.

// Saki XL
Old 07-04-2005, 06:53 PM

Bumping this... Good idea? Bad idea for me to run with? I mean, I'm also doing the Psi-Fi twin Charging, the porting, I/H/E, swapping pullies, Ecu Reflashing....

Bottom line is it's a good $100 just to design something great.

//Saki XL