General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

GM is now looking for Aftermarket Tunes

Old 06-03-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lewisb13
Youre the guy who works for and condones the stealership arent you? Way to take the wrong side, corporate america makes enough money without ******** like you. If you are smart you reflash the PCM in the event of an accident, you tell the stealership not to touch your ****** car until you get your laptop hooked up because you want to (insert random story here). Lets not forget, the stealership has to prove your car effed up because of the modification (Warn Act) so if your car breaks down, you obviously have it towed to your house first for a reflash and then to the stealership. Cmon dude, **** like that NEVER happens where you have aboslutely no rights to your car before the stealership can get their hands on it. And for those of you who think Im jumping on this guy's ***** for no reason, take a look at some of his other posts.
Your the one thats wrong here . For 1 , all a dealer to do is a history search on your ECM to see it has once been modified and for 2 .....if u tune your car , your on your own . GM owes u **** . Stage 2 is a lame pig rich tune for a reason , because they have to warranty it and compensate for the most extreme conditions . Its so hard to get legit warranty work anymore because of completely ****** asshats that think like you
Old 06-03-2008, 01:11 AM

Can you save the GM STG2 flash onto HPTuners before you retune it?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lulz.. saturn FTW doesn't apply to me..

and not to mention i love my dealership .. they help me out whenever possible.. this is the 3rd saturn we've serviced there and the second one bought there..

one of the service guys helped me out with my header/ dp install it all really depends.. the guys at my dealership couldn't tell the front from the rear bumper well like 2 can.. but they're the ones i'm friends with lol
Old 06-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

I'm going to Sticky this for a while, but in General Cobalt since it doesnt just apply to LSJ's
Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned

What if you use a jet chip? Is this info stored on the ECM that you've used one?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:28 AM

Hmm....I wonder if my warranty is still good.....HAHAHAHAHA yeah right. Yo honestly, GM warranties are bs on cars like ours. Dealerships don't give two craps about it and look for anything to void them.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Yeah stock tunes are crap, and the 07s stutter and stall with stage 2 on some cars. They can take their 100,000 mile warranty and shove it. It just makes them scrutinize the cars more because they need to keep costs down.

The 3yr/36000 was a better warranty because they were happy to fix stuff, now they just penny pinch and point fingers. On my GTO they would not fix the issues I had with my cruise control blowing my fuse when the A/C was on, and they told me it was because I took off my catalytic converters....................

Like the "Have you ever floored the car?" question. They consider passing another car racing because the engines weren't meant to be floored.......but they havea PERFORMANCE DIVISION plaque on the car.
I want you to think about the catalytic converter statement you posted. Im not saying it has anything to do with the a/c but just think of it this way.

Im GM and I own a pet store. You come in and buy a turtle from me. I give you my word that the turtle will live and be as normal as a turtle can be for a month. After 3 weeks goes by you come back in and your turtle is walking sideways and not feeling well. I look at the turtle and you cut one of his legs off for whatever reason. I say sorry I cant help you and you get pissed. So i'm the bad guy?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JERMzSS
I want you to think about the catalytic converter statement you posted. Im not saying it has anything to do with the a/c but just think of it this way.

Im GM and I own a pet store. You come in and buy a turtle from me. I give you my word that the turtle will live and be as normal as a turtle can be for a month. After 3 weeks goes by you come back in and your turtle is walking sideways and not feeling well. I look at the turtle and you cut one of his legs off for whatever reason. I say sorry I cant help you and you get pissed. So i'm the bad guy?
How DARE you not help the poor little turtle!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM

^^^lmao
Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM

one dealership said exhaust voids the warranty and got mad i had the stage 1.... the other offer to put it on. Depends on the dealer
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Excluding Pontiac Vibe, G8, Chevrolet Aveo, All Saturn and Saab Models

FTW!!!!

I dont worry anyways. My dealership is very mod friendly. Hell they try and sell me aftermarket parts when I go in
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 PM

my warranties up in under 3k miles so **** em anyway, trifecta on the way.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

Models: 2006-2009 GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks

Glad im 05
Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JERMzSS

???? so what does this have to do with anything? you say the a/c has nothing to do with the catalytic converters, so whats the point of your story?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM

well i know the dealer i go to know i have stuff done to my car..the know i have a intake on my car seeing as they did my first oil change.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM

ive voided only one warrenty on an SS, but the car was pretty well modded.

So dont think that some techs wont look. I certainley did.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by chevyLSchik
thats why you have your tuner re-flash your ecm to stock
X2200000 You just reflash it!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
if you flash it with something outside of the gm tech2 base program. it will show up as something else.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
if you flash it with something outside of the gm tech2 base program. it will show up as something else.
Who cares I'm way past warranty anyway all they have to do is pop the Hood & I'm out of warranty, Plus my dealer is Mod friendly!
They have fixed several things for me & Said nothing about my Mods besides wow
Old 07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
go on the diesel boards and kick them in the nuts. this stems from them in all actuality
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 PM

I personally love it when i get to work on a car that has been modded.

But since warrenty work usually pays less time, thats the reasons most techs, dont even wanna deal with it. Hence the reason they try and bypass the whole warrenty deal.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM

Guys\kids, modding your car will NOT VOID the warranty, just the broken parts effected by the upgraded parts.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
technically not true.
if GM deems your modifications enough to no longer garuntee the reliability of your powertrain, it can be completely voided.

you guys can wave your mag/moss around all you want, if they want to void you, they can.

oh sure, you can get a lawyer, and play that whole game....but everyone makes that sound like you just make a phonecall and suddenly rainbows fly out your ass and everythings great again.
but in reality, its likely to cost you more in fees to really fight it, and wasted time and effort, than the parts are worth.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
technically not true.
if GM deems your modifications enough to no longer garuntee the reliability of your powertrain, it can be completely voided.

you guys can wave your mag/moss around all you want, if they want to void you, they can.

oh sure, you can get a lawyer, and play that whole game....but everyone makes that sound like you just make a phonecall and suddenly rainbows fly out your ass and everythings great again.
but in reality, its likely to cost you more in fees to really fight it, and wasted time and effort, than the parts are worth.
your right...but there are diff parts to your warrenty...such as the electrical, or your interior, the body, headlights, trunk functionality, suspension, brakes, powertrain....etc...if they deem you have put too much power into your engine...they will have a VERY hard time proving that contributed to your back seat coming apart at the seems or your trunk not opening right...
can they void the entire engine/tranny portion for something as minor as a tune or a CAI or exhaust...you betcha!!! although as anomalous stated...you can fight it but it will be cheaper not to...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
your right...but there are diff parts to your warrenty...such as the electrical, or your interior, the body, headlights, trunk functionality, suspension, brakes, powertrain....etc...if they deem you have put too much power into your engine...they will have a VERY hard time proving that contributed to your back seat coming apart at the seems or your trunk not opening right...
can they void the entire engine/tranny portion for something as minor as a tune or a CAI or exhaust...you betcha!!! although as anomalous stated...you can fight it but it will be cheaper not to...
So what your saying is I should make my car look as stock as possible again and take it in for the bad bearing in my differential? By the way my 07 has never been tuned......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM is now looking for Aftermarket Tunes