General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Grand Prix GTP vs. SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
i call bs on that
i believe it. they are slow. the 2.4 ss is supposed to run very low 15s stock. i'll bet an n/a ss would crush it from a roll
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheBaltSS/SC
What color is the GTP?

green. takes one headlight out to route the air intake there. really nice guy with long hair. i think he is running slicks now too.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
syP

i did have a gtp thats how i know you cant run 12's for 1500 , a full size intercooler for the gtp is 1,000 and that isnt including fuel rails or injectors, you need injectors to run a 3.0 ,your also the same guy that was running 13.6 in a gtp and then you put like a cam on it and were running 13.8's , you also said **** the gtp , your advice or "experience" is a joke
Close.. you need 38lb injectors or higher to run anything UNDER a 3.0" pulley... on a 97-03 car..

for the 04+, anthing UNDER a 3.2" you need bigger injectors..

Full size intercoolers are as low as 800 now.. http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...kit-p-100.html

Also with my car.. no1 knew wtf was wrong with it.. ZZP, intense.. no one... so you say their experience is a joke? I cant control how my car acts if i dont know whats going on with it. It could have been the SHITENSE stage 2 cam, or something could have been wired wrong. I gave up on it because it wasnt going fast enough for the mods at the time. I was fighing KR for a full 2.5 years.. it was time to move on.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by syP
Close.. you need 38lb injectors or higher to run anything UNDER a 3.0" pulley... on a 97-03 car..

for the 04+, anthing UNDER a 3.2" you need bigger injectors..

Full size intercoolers are as low as 800 now.. http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...kit-p-100.html

Also with my car.. no1 knew wtf was wrong with it.. ZZP, intense.. no one... so you say their experience is a joke? I cant control how my car acts if i dont know whats going on with it. It could have been the SHITENSE stage 2 cam, or something could have been wired wrong. I gave up on it because it wasnt going fast enough for the mods at the time. I was fighing KR for a full 2.5 years.. it was time to move on.
Well said ! You have nothing to prove . Obviously your car had something major wrong with it . Ive been with you on clubGP for a long time , you of all people have nothing to prove when it comes down to GTP's .

To all the people that dont believe that a GTP cannot hit high 12's with the mods SYP listed just havent seen nothin . The one BIG thing about doing that is the TUNING and getting your Knock down. KR is the BIG BIG issue with GTP's .

i did have a gtp thats how i know you cant run 12's for 1500 , a full size intercooler for the gtp is 1,000 and that isnt including fuel rails or injectors, you need injectors to run a 3.0 ,your also the same guy that was running 13.6 in a gtp and then you put like a cam on it and were running 13.8's , you also said **** the gtp , your advice or "experience" is a joke
Actually ....They have a few intercoolers out for the GTP . I purchased the SS intercooler for 500 dollars and that intercooler could definetly get you into the High 12's with the mods SYP listed . People have actually gone pretty low into the 12's with that intercooler but obviously with more mods done .

Last edited by Ryan07SS; 07-16-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM

my last car was a regal gs, basically the same car as a gtp. I typically ran .3 faster than other comparable gtp's at the track. When the ss cobalt first came out they were running the exact same time as me (15.6 at 5,800 feet) I had a cold air on it.

so if you can drive your car, you should be able to hang with him. he has a very strong first gear, followed by a very weak 2nd gear. your best bet would be to race him from 40+. off the line you have a shot if you can hook up, but its really not much to your advantage. just do not race him from a 30-35mph roll, that will put him at the top of first, right in his power band in his strongest gear. you could expect to lose 1/2 to 1 car legnth then and you might or might not be able to make that up.

it would be a good race.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by REDss/sc06
So this dude from my work is talking about his car, how its so fast and how it beat this dudes 10 sec eclipse and his friends GTO. I dont beleive him at all but Ill let him talk. The car has like 60,000 miles on it and he has a CAI. He says he can take my car. My car is completely stock. I ran a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile, I dont think he has a chance against me. What do you guys think will I beat him by a mile or does he have a chance against me? Ive never seen one of these race so I dont really know.
To answer your question , Since he only has an intake , if you run him from a dig he should take you off the line but not by too much and you should probly just walk right by him with no problem (Dont mess up off the line) . If you run him from a roll..............Lets just say ....he has nooooo chance with just an intake . He might as well just forget about it if you go from a roll .

If he had possibly ....lets say a 3.4 pulley , Tune , intake and exhaust work then you would be toast from a dead stop . From a roll .....it would be a good run .
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
syP

actually.. i believe the non intercooled record is help by our very own (in illinois) Steve Miller aka BumpinGTP..

here is the run. (he basically had BIG heads.. and a BIG cam) no intercooler.. very impressive

http://1997gtp.net/Videos/BumpinGTP.MPG

i know of plenty of people who have hit 12s with ease with no intercooler.

but anyways, to answer your question, the cobalt should beat it everytime stock vs stock
Old 02-22-2020, 04:53 PM

Which car is yours that ran 14.1

Originally Posted by REDss/sc06
No I ran the 14.1 not him, with all those miles on his car, the way he races it around everywhere and that damn system he has in his trunk I think he could only run a 15.3 at most.
which car is yours that ran 14.1 the 3800 series or colbalt ss? I got 3 3800 supercharged cars and was thinking about buying a colbalt ss was wondering which 1 is better.