General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Halo Twin projector question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halo Twin projector question

Ok so first off before i get spammed with read to how to guides ..I did i read em all or at least i tried to but i still have some question unanswered.SO I am about to get these http://www.buyeurolights.com/0507-ch...s-p-13663.html
now my question is is this a 3rd gen?i THINK it is but how do you know?i just recently saw these headlights and fell in love with them yet i read a lot of reviews about the LEDs blowing quick ect.is this true which part do they mean by that the 3 lights up top or the halos?i know to do it right you should really buy a HID kit or so ive heard would that maybe reduce that issue?Theres also a lot of wiring going on for the halos could somebody please tell me step by step how its done ?I have seen some wiring how tos but does that vary model wise ?Ive never messed with Wiring really so it seems kinda intimidating to me and if the LEDs blowout quick i guess i should just stick with the plug and play and not even bother hooking up the other lights?SO would it be like the stock lights performance wise or is there anyway to upgrade? Even tho it would be ashame to not hook those halos up they sure look neat.Anyways thats all for now like i said ive never done this so i have a lot of question prolly some dumb ones included .Im just trying to read up on them before i buy em and maybe later on regret it.Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Whatever you do, don't get them from that site. They are way over priced and those are 1st gen I believe. I got 3rd gen lights from http://store.racer-union.com/Shop/Co...46239244235246 and the work fine. If you get these they wiring how to will explain it fine. After you cut the wire you put all the black wires together and all the other wires to the brown wire and that's it.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 AM

As far as what ive read, that looks like the First gen. I also have to agree on the price. You can do much better. In fact they can be had for under 200 shipped like P314 mentioned.

Now if you dont want to worry about wiring, you can get the 2nd gen. I believe these you just unplug the old lights and plug these in. Thats it.

These are 2nd Gen. I believe.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 AM

Ya i know those were WAY overpriced.I was at work tho so i just took the first best available picture i could find Ok i looked a little more at ebay and found those http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...ayphotohosting
Those must be 2nd or 3rd gen.Anybody know specific?

Last edited by Angelsdust; 06-17-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned

I got the same ones from the first pic., but in black, from everything cobalt dot com
they are awsome and I had my dealer's body shop put them on for me.
on mine, the halos and the leds at the top are wired into my parking lamps.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:02 PM

Your first post includes 1st Gen Halos, because they were the first out (but only knowable if you've been around that long).
Your second post has 2nd Gen Halos in it.

The 1st gen halos are the most "NOT" plug and play, compared to the 2nd and 3rd. They are the nicest, but poorest in quality usually. (Leaks, fogging, shipped with burnt bulbs) If you do decide to get first gens, i would suggest getting them from Cobalt-Addiction.com, i hear they check all theirs before shipping them. (Maybe why theirs are slightly more expensive then ebays)

Wiring isn't hard, unless you plan to tie in HIDs, then it gets more difficult.
If you just want the halos and LEDs to come on when the park lights are on, tie the white (halo) wires to the vehicles' orangey/brown headlight harness wire. And all black wires (halo) to vehicle ground. It gets more complex with HIDs, as they require some drilling to the headlight housing, the extra electrical, and the some modification to the HID bulb (nubs) that secure its postition.
Then some extra sealent just to make sure the casings are sealed, and wala!