General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

hate my cobalt, trading it for an evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:03 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by casionerd
Evos are great cars. So are MS3s, goats, STIs, Corvettes, M3s, WRXs, etc. etc. All of these have forums and all of these forums have people who love their cars. Unfortunately there are a LOT of tools, ethugs and just plain morons out there. Evom seems to have the most. jdlewh and the senior citizen-beating-Asian are prime examples of what you'll see in the EVO community. AWESOME car. SHITTY owners (mostly).
yep, I gotta admit I really don't like most of the evo owners I see and Evom is a really boring site most of the time NO FUN ALLOWED!

Also as a good visual representation of that site

Old 12-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on So Cal evo...but I know the local guys and they're cool. VIII's and IX's look good but I dunno...this is better to me

photo cred goes to me
Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM
village idiot

Originally Posted by jdlewh
I loved my Corvette but it was the biggest POS I have ever owned not counting my Mustang. Headlight gears broke, switches inside the car quit working, seats wore very easily and so on. .
Sorry just saw this. Anyone ever see the left side of the driver's seat on an EVO 8 or 9 that is 3 months old or older? The Evo Recaros are nice but they wear faster than any other seat. Ever. LOL.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interseting...q
Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Sorry just saw this. Anyone ever see the left side of the driver's seat on an EVO 8 or 9 that is 3 months old or older? The Evo Recaros are nice but they wear faster than any other seat. Ever. LOL.
Really, hmmmmmm considering I have an 06 Evo and my Recaro isn't worn at all I think that blows your 3 month theory out of the water. loL
Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Evos are great cars. So are MS3s, goats, STIs, Corvettes, M3s, WRXs, etc. etc. All of these have forums and all of these forums have people who love their cars. Unfortunately there are a LOT of tools, ethugs and just plain morons out there. Evom seems to have the most. jdlewh and the senior citizen-beating-Asian are prime examples of what you'll see in the EVO community. AWESOME car. SHITTY owners (mostly).
Guess you have never heard of NASIOC if you think evom is bad and full ofpeople like me lololol. If you get this easily butt hurt here I can't imagine what would happen if you posted over there. Sorry for the double post but I'm not seeing the edit or multi quote on this sites mobile platform.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
Nope...if you like your evo over a GTR than more power too ya. I don't need to take time out of my day to hunt down posts on a forum and put down other people's OPINIONS...and congrats on a laundry list of cars haha. I guess that makes you cool huh? Lol.
Yes it makes me super awesome!!! Just like posting 3 times in a row. You seriously failed to see why I posted the list of cars I have recently owned. You said I think the Evo is so much better blah blah blah and I was qualifying as to why I think the Evo is so much better.

I swear the car is over 3 months old... My Corvette was actually pulling apart at the seams before 40k miles, the Evo has 49k on the clock in this picture.

Evo

Corvette
Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by tommyp
wat?

Nurburgring times (from wikipedia)

7:57 lancer evolution x gsr mark chandler ams conducted test september 2011

8:11.16 mitsubishi lancer evo ix takayuki kinoshita (best motoring video 14) wet conditions, not a true time attack.

8:22.85 chevrolet cobalt ss/tc (2007) motor trend (10/2007)

if the stig drove the ss/tc it would have been a better lap lol
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
village idiot

Did you seriously go out and take a pic of your seat and then put it on your photobucket just for me? LOL. Thanks bro.

I have to admit your Evo seat looks pretty good. I also have to admit that Corvette seat looks like ****. I'm guessing you have a IX with the nicer seats. The seats I was referring to are the blue cloth looking ones. They are so bad at fading. Maybe they're on the VIIIs or something. Don't know much about Evos. The first time I noticed it was on an EVO owned by Robispec. The car was clean as hell and well maintained but the seat looked like **** at 19K miles. Then I started noticing all of them looked well worn. I can see it in yours but it's better than most.

Familiar with Nabiso. Two cars ago I had on 06 STI with FP Green, xxChris tune, lots of mods, etc. They're nice cars. Most of Nasty Sock is cool. The worst place is the OT section where most of the people don't even own Subarus. For some reason tools from all over the interwebs are just drawn to the Nasioc OT area.

Anyway, looks like the vette seats are bad. I still say the Evo seats are bad at wearing but well above average at everthing else a seat should do, unless you're fat. LOL.

This thread is full of fail from the beginning. You can't compare an SS/TC to an EVO. Besides the 10K+ difference in price, an EVO is a Rally-born AWD car with tons of history, improvement, evolution (no punn intended LOL), etc. The Cobalt SS/TC is an economy car upgraded with a turbo by GM to try and break into the "tuner" market and only lasted three years. IMO the EVO is the best of its class and Cobalt is the best in its class. Just not sure which is the apple and which is the orange.

Damn that was a long post.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 PM

Did you seriously go out and take a pic of your seat and then put it on your photobucket just for me? LOL. Thanks bro.

I have to admit your Evo seat looks pretty good. I also have to admit that Corvette seat looks like ****. I'm guessing you have a IX with the nicer seats. The seats I was referring to are the blue cloth looking ones. They are so bad at fading. Maybe they're on the VIIIs or something. Don't know much about Evos. The first time I noticed it was on an EVO owned by Robispec. The car was clean as hell and well maintained but the seat looked like **** at 19K miles. Then I started noticing all of them looked well worn. I can see it in yours but it's better than most.

Familiar with Nabiso. Two cars ago I had on 06 STI with FP Green, xxChris tune, lots of mods, etc. They're nice cars. Most of Nasty Sock is cool. The worst place is the OT section where most of the people don't even own Subarus. For some reason tools from all over the interwebs are just drawn to the Nasioc OT area.

Anyway, looks like the vette seats are bad. I still say the Evo seats are bad at wearing but well above average at everthing else a seat should do, unless you're fat. LOL.

This thread is full of fail from the beginning. You can't compare an SS/TC to an EVO. Besides the 10K+ difference in price, an EVO is a Rally-born AWD car with tons of history, improvement, evolution (no punn intended LOL), etc. The Cobalt SS/TC is an economy car upgraded with a turbo by GM to try and break into the "tuner" market and only lasted three years. IMO the EVO is the best of its class and Cobalt is the best in its class. Just not sure which is the apple and which is the orange.

:

well said my friend
Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 PM

Just thought I would upload it to prove my point lol. Yes I have a 9, the 8 seats do look like ass and seem to fade pretty bad.

To the rest of your post.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

I'm on So Cal evo...but I know the local guys and they're cool. VIII's and IX's look good but I dunno...this is better to me

photo cred goes to me
Pure sexy
Old 12-21-2011, 01:15 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Nope...if you like your evo over a GTR than more power too ya. I don't need to take time out of my day to hunt down posts on a forum and put down other people's OPINIONS...and congrats on a laundry list of cars haha. I guess that makes you cool huh? Lol.
BAH-HA-HA!!

Does this mean the real Rissa is back?

The real Rissa makes legit/funny posts...
I thought we lost the real Rissa...
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM

There was never a fake Rissa to begin with lol
Old 12-21-2011, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by HB_SS/TC
There was never a fake Rissa to begin with lol
maybe to the real SoCal'ers... but to the wanna-be SoCal'er over here (who was NEVER hooked up with promised SoCal Ecotec t's btw ) ~ it appeared as though the real Rissa was replaced with this meek, almost boring person...

Hi BTW! *waves*
Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 AM

lol who promised you that? Only me and Rusty made the shirts so anyone else who promised was lying haha
Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 AM

OP,

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two.

Joel
Old 12-21-2011, 05:55 AM

photo cred goes to me
holy ****! that is a sexy car, I love Evos, and I will definitely own one. I promise I wont be a douche like all the other ******** lol.

l8r,
PD
Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 AM

lol who promised you that? Only me and Rusty made the shirts so anyone else who promised was lying haha
Will;

pretty much for personally delivering those SS/TC seats...
that he apparently never ended up using...

My mom lives in Redondo Beach BTW ~ which is where my sig pic was taken.

I was even in the t-shirt thread last year - and I'm pretty sure it was clearly known there that I was getting two... (back with yellow, and the reverse ~ the same ones that Will was getting iirc)
*shrug*

At first I was told I couldn't get any, then after a bit I was told I could get them - I offered to pay, but (iirc) Will told me that he would hook me up on them ~ iirc I even spotted the $$ for the seats ~ and he paid me the agreed amount between him and Nathan - so I made absolutely nothing on the deal... I was just helping out.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Oh don't worry I just haven't had to make such inflammatory posts as of late, but that guy...pure douchebag. I've seen his posts on evom, all he talks about his how shitty his mustang was, how inferior subaru's are, and how his evo can beat anything with bolt-ons and an E-85 tune. -_- Not impressed lol. And his "long" list of cars isn't impressive either, nor makes him any more an expert on cars lol. I get why you posted that list buddy, still doesn't make you any more credible.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
Will;

pretty much for personally delivering those SS/TC seats...
that he apparently never ended up using...

My mom lives in Redondo Beach BTW ~ which is where my sig pic was taken.

I was even in the t-shirt thread last year - and I'm pretty sure it was clearly known there that I was getting two... (back with yellow, and the reverse ~ the same ones that Will was getting iirc)
*shrug*

At first I was told I couldn't get any, then after a bit I was told I could get them - I offered to pay, but (iirc) Will told me that he would hook me up on them ~ iirc I even spotted the $$ for the seats ~ and he paid me the agreed amount between him and Nathan - so I made absolutely nothing on the deal... I was just helping out.
oh damn well that sucks

at least it wasn't me then cause I would have had them made lol
Old 12-21-2011, 05:30 PM

oh damn well that sucks

at least it wasn't me then cause I would have had them made lol
I'd still be willing to pony up for 'em...

I like wearing SoCal gear around here... aprox 1,600 miles away...

90% of my SoCal gear is from In N Out Burger...
Old 12-27-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by paintballerr78
If i could id swap to a evo if i had the chance. I love my car no doubt but just being able to have all 4 wheels hook and not just the fronts spinning for half a hour would be nice. Drove my friends evo just tuned on e85 with some minor mods and i love the way it felt when driving and how it hooked instantly. My next car will definitely be a evo when i get it i have no idea but if i could redo my choice id pick an evo easily

Which tires are mounted on ur friends evo?? at what cold air pressures? date of build?
I say apples to oranges..

Have you thought: TO PURCHASE & Mount 4 michelin pilot super sport 35 series tires on your ss-t/c Cobalt? try 255-35-18... ?
(they were just recently released for usa: circa 2011/february) michelin.com

I THINK THEY HAVE THE PROPER coefficient -of -friction // compromise... (and $$$$$)

(f-1 or scca pro stock racing utalise current era tech tire builds ! -not 2007 technology!)

do ya hve LSD? g85 ?...

The factory contis are OLD TECH, coefficient of friction -circa 2007 1/2 ish !! HELLO!

and you prob opine/expect all season tires (that you prolly have mounted now) should have the grip of f-1 tires, whilst sticking in rain, wearing for 100 k miles and must provide a cushy ride for your girl ! lol

Do You recall the scca cobalts '06,'07 '08 eventually were ordered to run a weight ballast to "make things more even" ???

some opinions here are quite fickle without approaching road racing data as true race engineers do.

Always ask yourselves: What would GORDON MURRY DO ??
Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 PM

i even bought one ahaha.. my ss is for sale!