General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

from LSJ to LNF

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor
oh, I see.
Do u??

Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh hey, did you guys hear LSJ's suck..?

Too soon? :P

P.S: Grats on the buy, hope you're completely satisfied and more with your buy.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Honestly I had my 06 LSJ that was TVS and I loved the car. Fiance wanted a new car so we went shopping. The guy at the dealer offered me 9.5K for my 06 with 78k and a slipping clutch. By the following Monday I had my car parted out and was taking it to the dealer to trade in haha. Knew I wanted to stay with a Cobalt because I love the car. Couldn't find any low mileage 07's so I decided to go with something newer. Found an 09 fully loaded with 23k miles on it. Guy had to get out of payments (nagging wife) so I was able to scoop it up for 13.6K. I love the Cobalt and the power capable with both. If I wanted a 500+ DD I would have prolly went with an 07 and turbo swapped, but I wanted a nice 400 so I decided to get the LNF...and cuz I got a great deal..haha
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM

Trolololololol
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM

lmfao I love how its my name always brought up about hating LSJ'S cause of my thread in the LNF tech and getting bashed by LSJ'S for having a blown ko4. Lawlllllls. Congrats on the LNF man you made the right choice hahahaha
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Who wants to buy my lsj?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cobe
lmfao I love how its my name always brought up about hating LSJ'S cause of my thread in the LNF tech and getting bashed by LSJ'S for having a blown ko4. Lawlllllls. Congrats on the LNF man you made the right choice hahahaha
Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM

lsj = lnf. why?
because racrcas.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Both the LSJ and LNF are great cars. My LSJ was a reliable car with good power. Sadly it was totaled out by some ass who was texting and driving. This is why I now have my LNF otherwise I would have stayed with my LSJ. Im impressed with the LNF from the suspension to the power its capable of. I will say it was alot easier to gain power out of the LNF. Congrats on your buy man you won't be disappointed
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobe
U seem to have a bad memory, u where telling people that have lsj they cant post in the lnf section then u got bashed for being a ******* douchebag not for driving a lnf.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
U seem to have a bad memory, u where telling people that have lsj they cant post in the lnf section then u got bashed for being a ******* douchebag in general.
fixed
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM

What I'm about to say is purely an objective observation...

What I've noticed over the last year and a half of being on this forum is that when these discussions come up, I see a lot (read: NOT ALL) of LSJ owners having a very serious (probably subconscious) need to validate having what on paper is the "lesser" car. Yes, I said it. The LSJ IS the lesser car. The LNF is (ON PAPER) an imporvement to the LSJ in more than one categeory. I think it really bothers LSJ owners and in my opinion some feel insulted that they spent their hard earned money and then GM smacks them in the face with the LNF. Almost like, "Thanks you LSJ guinea pigs for the money, we appreciate it. Here's the LNF now." Pretty much like what Ford did to the Mustang GT owners of recent (hello 5 OH!). So now you create the "underdog" story/situation.

What makes it worse is that many LNF owners know it and like to bask in the glory. It really is a recipe for discord within this community.

My personal opinion... I love my car. I NEVER liked the LSJ, even back when it came out. I (again my opinion) think the wheels are ugly, the seats suck (except the Recaros) and the car feels like it was rushed to production so that they could have a representative in the "Fast N Furious" segment when the segment reached its pinnacle in around '05. Now, after learning the car's strengths, most notably in the aftermarket, I can see the desire and I have on more than one occasion thought about trying to find an affordable used LSJ to turbo swap and have fun with.

There's a dynamic here and its not just, "Oh LNF people hate LSJ" or vice versa. A particular series of events took place and has caused this. We just need to recognize it and get over it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogstofall
What I'm about to say is purely an objective observation...

What I've noticed over the last year and a half of being on this forum is that when these discussions come up, I see a lot (read: NOT ALL) of LSJ owners having a very serious (probably subconscious) need to validate having what on paper is the "lesser" car. Yes, I said it. The LSJ IS the lesser car. The LNF is (ON PAPER) an imporvement to the LSJ in more than one categeory. I think it really bothers LSJ owners and in my opinion some feel insulted that they spent their hard earned money and then GM smacks them in the face with the LNF. Almost like, "Thanks you LSJ guinea pigs for the money, we appreciate it. Here's the LNF now." Pretty much like what Ford did to the Mustang GT owners of recent (hello 5 OH!). So now you create the "underdog" story/situation.

What makes it worse is that many LNF owners know it and like to bask in the glory. It really is a recipe for discord within this community.

My personal opinion... I love my car. I NEVER liked the LSJ, even back when it came out. I (again my opinion) think the wheels are ugly, the seats suck (except the Recaros) and the car feels like it was rushed to production so that they could have a representative in the "Fast N Furious" segment when the segment reached its pinnacle in around '05. Now, after learning the car's strengths, most notably in the aftermarket, I can see the desire and I have on more than one occasion thought about trying to find an affordable used LSJ to turbo swap and have fun with.

There's a dynamic here and its not just, "Oh LNF people hate LSJ" or vice versa. A particular series of events took place and has caused this. We just need to recognize it and get over it.
Those were all my main complaints with my LSJ. I hated the rims, hated yellow and my seats were terrible.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Sigh. I REALLY hate threads like this. I don't like to post in these social-esque threads due to all the dick swinging that is 100% unnecessary. Just say 'grats' would suffice.

I'll just say this. I've had both cars, and the only thing I really like about my LNF over my LSJ is the color options. I appreciated both cars equally and even say I miss my LSJ (accident).

Now saying that, all of you LNF elitist need to have a reality check, because I guarantee ANY time you defend your car against people saying your car is slow...you probably post Ryan@zzp's 9 second LSJ.....riding on the coat tail of an LSJ, yet you will be the first to condemn the same platform of car when this argument comes up when in actuality 99% of the egos are extremely unwarranted and undeserved.

Stop it. Cut it out, and get over yourselves. Realize that cannibalism will get you NOWHERE besides creating animosity among your own community. You never know who could help you out in the future, and how many bridges you can burn by being a dick for no reason.

You LNF guys do it to the LSJ guys now (btw many of them have been loyal, contributing members) as the LSJ owners did it in the past...but it won't feel that great when another (IF another) sport compact 4 cylinder comes out that is superior, and they hate on you for buying what they feel to be an 'inferior' car.

Respect your fellow member, and respect your fellow Delta chassis member.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pft. coming from a zookeeper!

<3
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM

U seem to have a bad memory, u where telling people that have lsj they cant post in the lnf section then u got bashed for being a ******* douchebag not for driving a lnf.
I think you have a bad memory. The LSJ owners came into his thread flaming him for saying his turbo turned into a supercharger. Then in an effort to insult them back he told them they couldn't post in his LNF thread, and that's when the **** hit the fan. If the LSJ owners didn't want to be insulted, then why did they insult him? The phrase, treat others as you would want them to treat you, should ring a bell.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
pft. coming from a zookeeper!

<3
zookeeper hate! I demand justice!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

hey man you got to see first hand, an animal with no bootyhole. that is something to hold and cherish!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronJ
I think you have a bad memory. The LSJ owners came into his thread flaming him for saying his turbo turned into a supercharger. Then in an effort to insult them back he told them they couldn't post in his LNF thread, and that's when the **** hit the fan. If the LSJ owners didn't want to be insulted, then why did they insult him? The phrase, treat others as you would want them to treat you, should ring a bell.
Please defend cobe some more he is an upstanding example of what all cobalt owners should act like.....
Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM

Please defend cobe some more he is an upstanding example of what all cobalt owners should act like.....
I'm not defending him because he is a tard half the time, it's because I'm sick of all the pointless hate against other owners. Does anyone remember HydroTurboSS? Another example of hating for no reason. This here is exactly what's being discussed in the why ppl hate cobalts thread. Flaming people in their threads that are asking for it is funny, but it crosses the line when the flaming spreads to unrelated threads for no reason.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by N1ckateen
Ok some things I did like about my lsj better. Yes it did have more power and would pull a gms1 car hard all day long. But also when running a fully bolted lnf from a 40 me in 2nd and him in 3rd then seeing taillights sucks lol. As soon as I get tuned in the next 2 weeks or so it'll make more power than my lsj did. One other thing I miss is the seats because I had the g85 package. These tc seats aren't bad. But the recaros did have a bit more hug to them.
yo lemme know if you wanna swap your tc seats for my recaros! i'd come out your way with cash no problem!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
making sales on a pissing macth^^^ballin!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM

***** aint got no cash
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

I saw a comment about LNFs are built better than LSJs lol?? I bought both an 06 and an 09 new and there was no difference in build quality lol. They both rattle the same after some miles lol.

Stock for stock I could tell the TC handled corners a bit different but u would hardly notice unless at a track .... the steering ratio is a bit better and you could tell it had a little more grunt at low RPM . The gear ratio was an improvement because it made 1st gear more user friendly ..... the Lnf's 1st to 2nd shift is a bit better than the LSJs.

Now people will prolly give me crap but for daily driving the brembo's arent nearly the huge improvement LNF die hards think .....IMHO they are more trouble than there worth for DD ...... they are noisy ..... they have to be cleaned off when wet otherwise you have a dead pedal until it burns off the water ...... I never had that issue with my LSJ. Oh and this little tidbit ..... from car and driver ...... road and track shows also shows the LSJ stopping a bit better as well

2006 Cobalt SS/SC Braking, 70–0 mph: 160 ft
2008 Cobalt SS/TC Braking, 70–0 mph: 162 ft

I know ........ the brembo's would shine on a road course when it comes to constant hard use ..... but the amount of people here that really use the car in that manner are the minority.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM

This is still going on, lol?! This is why I love css.net!

Quick Reply: from LSJ to LNF