General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

My Clutch Problems.....FIXED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Clutch Problems.....FIXED!!!

Well finally 2800$ later my clutch is finally fixed and it feels GREAT. The problem was IN FACT the throw out bearing which was for the cavalier that TTR advertised it would work with the cobalt which it doesn't. Yes they look 100% the same and install perfect but the spring inside is very very different and will not engage 100%. I since then installed a OEM cobalt bearing and it now shifts and releases like it should and i finally feel the aggressive clutch setup i was supposed to have all along. I really feel TTR should compensate some of the cost i have had to go through to get this all fixed. I still rep TTR and Aaron for the amazing service they have and will still continue to buy from them but all i ask is to cover the cost of the new cobalt bearing which was 100$. Just refund that much from my giant purchase or something. Either way, now that this is fixed, i dont have a need to trade in anymore. I LOVE my sedan.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Well finally 2800$ later my clutch is finally fixed and it feels GREAT. The problem was IN FACT the throw out bearing which was for the cavalier that TTR advertised it would work with the cobalt which it doesn't. Yes they look 100% the same and install perfect but the spring inside is very very different and will not engage 100%. I since then installed a OEM cobalt bearing and it now shifts and releases like it should and i finally feel the aggressive clutch setup i was supposed to have all along. I really feel TTR should compensate some of the cost i have had to go through to get this all fixed. I still rep TTR and Aaron for the amazing service they have and will still continue to buy from them but all i ask is to cover the cost of the new cobalt bearing which was 100$. Just refund that much from my giant purchase or something. Either way, now that this is fixed, i dont have a need to trade in anymore. I LOVE my sedan.
I have had that same problem with the TTR Spec Stg 3+ kit I have on my car!!!

Would be nice if they would at least cover the new slave!

I guess I WILL HAVE TO get on this and tear my trans out and install a new slave!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS
I have had that same problem with the TTR Spec Stg 3+ kit I have on my car!!!

Would be nice if they would at least cover the new slave!

I guess I WILL HAVE TO get on this and tear my trans out and install a new slave!
I was just about to PM you as we have discussed this earlier This is the REAL fix. New bearing is like 100$ from dealer if you can save yourself money and replace yourself. But once fixed its awesome! Clutch really is aggressive and not sloppy now.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkulrey13
I was just about to PM you as we have discussed this earlier This is the REAL fix. New bearing is like 100$ from dealer if you can save yourself money and replace yourself. But once fixed its awesome! Clutch really is aggressive and not sloppy now.
I'm glad that took care of the problem!

I ALMOST bought a new slave too about 2 months ago but wasnt certain and didn't want to go through the hassle till I knew!

Well its summer now so tearing the balt appart in the driveway wont be so bad now as it was in DEC! Should be able to R&R in about 2 days.

I know mine works pretty damn good at times and others its hard to shift which I'm sure the trans loves. I can also feel it slip just a tad a when its acting up!

Thanks for figuring out the cause!